Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

18 months
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I know a lot abdl stories show the character using a diuretic pill to give someone ic problems. But in real life this stuff can be dangerous from the side effect it has I read on the net it can cause if used.

Poohbearboy said:
I know a lot abdl stories show the character using a diuretic pill to give someone ic problems. But in real life this stuff can be dangerous from the side effect it has I read on the net it can cause if used.

My doctor has me on a usual diuretic. The problems and side effect you've read about are worst case and do not happen to most people. Let alone to that degree.

Typically, a diuretic just makes your body loose water weight. You pee a lot at first, and then that's it. Long term, you pee normally again, and your body doesn't hold that water weight.

It's primarily used to concentrate your blood. This makes it easier for your heart to pump blood and lower blood pressure. (As there will be more red blood cells per ounce of blood versus when watered down). It will also reduce swelling in the limbs, as again there will be less water there with more red blood cells.

Using it off label only every now and again, just to make yourself pee more for a short while, will likely not cause any problems unless you are already dealing with heart problems or are dehydrated to start with.

Diuretics are only dangerous when used inappropriately, they will cause a temporary increase in urinary output but certainly not result in IC.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There are some natural diuretics that are good for you such as cranberry juice. When I had my bleeding ulcer, the hospital staff suggested that I drink a combination of cranberry juice and ginger ale. I've been drinking that every night since my ulcer, and that was in 1985.

Even those I have bladder problem I still drink cranberry juice anyway because it's that good.

Diuretics don't even work the way they are written in kinky fiction for that matter. Diuretics are NOT the urinary version of a laxative, they don't make it any easier to go or more difficult to hold, they just make the body generate more urine.

There isn't a pill out there that will make someone have a urinary accident.

It would probably be like having a strong cup of coffee. No incontinence, just feeling the need to go every half hour or so.

ryan2127 said:
It would probably be like having a strong cup of coffee. No incontinence, just feeling the need to go every half hour or so.

Sort of yeah. Though if you drank coffee all day, at some point you'd see your urine output return to normal.

That's because diuretics only cause your body to eliminate excess water. Once that's been flushed out of your system, the diuretic will only prevent it from building back up, not keep flushing your body like a prune.

Poohbearboy said:

absolutely horrible for you if you don't actually have a medical need for them. blood pressure and renal implications.

Potassium-sparing diuretics are the dangerous ones. Drugs like spironolactone used by transgender people in the US. You will need monthly blood tests to check your potassium levels, and reduce your potassium intake to keep it safe. This is hard as most healthy foods are loaded with potassium. Otherwise you can get hyperkalemia which can be fatal.

Both types of diuretics will lower your blood pressure. This is only a bad thing if yours is already low. But if so, you will feel weaker and get dizzier standing up due to orthostatic hypotension. The most extreme case is you could black out temporarily from that.

The increase in urination won't be so significant to an AB/DL that's already wetting frequently anyway, and that doesn't have problems with their body retaining water.

But if you want to try it for yourself, you can use caffeine or even alcohol for much of the same effect.

dogboy said:
There are some natural diuretics that are good for you such as cranberry juice. When I had my bleeding ulcer, the hospital staff suggested that I drink a combination of cranberry juice and ginger ale. I've been drinking that every night since my ulcer, and that was in 1985.

Wow if I had ulcer issues and tried drinking that it would go very very badly! I used to love drinking juices, including orange juice, but I just can't anymore, it just causes instantaneous major heartburn for me.

bambinod said:
Wow if I had ulcer issues and tried drinking that it would go very very badly! I used to love drinking juices, including orange juice, but I just can't anymore, it just causes instantaneous major heartburn for me.

Grape juice does that for me. I'm still not allowed to have any alcohol though I'll drink one beer a week, usually on Friday or Saturday. Wine would double me up in incredible pain.

Have you tried Kalibre Dogboy? Its brewed in Scotland by Guiness , and is low enough in alcohol as to qualify as alcohol free, I love me a beer sometimes but because of the diabetes and the strong opiods for pain , it's not a real smart mix for me , my buddies could not tell they weren't actually drinking when at my house .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back