BIID and wanting to be Incontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you think that that a person wanting to be incontinent falls into the remit of having Body identity integrity disorder? I was reading an online article that people with BIID who are perfectly healthy wanting to permanently and seriously maim themselves, primarily in involves people who want a limb amputated but do you think that can also include people who want to make themselves incontinent? It's interesting that 71% of people with BIID have sexual feeling about maining themselves. This is the website I read it on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4696834/People-amputate-healthy-limbs-AROUSING.html

I have been struggling with wanting to be completely incontinent since my early teens years. I have no sexual feeling towards females or males just with being incontinent and when I'm aroused would think nothing of have surgery on both my sphincters to make me totally incontinent, I think this stems more than just liking diapers. I would be complete being incontinent although I know it's irrational and would have a huge impact on my life.

Reactions: Trevor
Isn't this really a self control issue? For example, nothing is stopping you from wetting your pants intentionally. But you would prefer to not have that control. I think a lot of us experience this. But aside from going to some foreign country for a surgery that could not be undone and could lead to unforeseen complications we have to look for other ways. Hypnosis can be used to transition you into a different way of looking at this.

YES! There are plenty of people here where dl or ab is an integral part of their identity. Being unable to hold your pee is often one part of that mental self identification. It isn't much of a leap to go from that to a physical identity either.

I've seen (and experienced) plenty of incontinence wishes/ examples/ attempts that closely parallel that of a transgendered person, who also has a form of body identity disorder. I believe amputation would be on the extreme end of that spectrum, with maybe incontinence being on the low end, but still an identity disorder none the less.

Obviously, the whole abdl community has a wide and varying degree of how much each person is into it. As such, it's likely this would only apply to a small part of abdl's.

I can say I have always felt the same way as you too though, so it certainly applies to me. Since my early childhood days (long before even puberty and sex entered my mind), I had always felt I was supposed to be incontinent and diapered. Not so oddly, but when I actually did become incontinent from a car wreck it actually felt right to me. Like I could finally be comfortable living in my own body. (Though I do wish how it came about was under better circumstances)

I assume you're not truly incontinent yourself, correct? If so I would highly recommend against taking any drastic steps to try and become so. At the very least, you should start wearing a diaper ALL of the time. This could possibly change you mind once you see the bills for diaper orders, and the difficuly in dealing with diapers in bad situations.

At the most, you could consider using foley catheters to simulate temporary incontinence. Again, to test if this is really what you're wanting.

And if you're still seeing incontinence as a part of your body identity, then I would recommend you do a search for the 12 month reverse potty training program (you don't have to follow the bowel untraining if you don't want to). It slowly untrains your ability to hold pee without causing any actual damage to your body. Best of all, it's slow enough where you can change your mind, and reverse it by simply potty training again.

My incontinence desire and libdo has decreased since I have been prescribed strong antipsychotics for Schizoaffective Disorder. Because of the nature of my mental illness I get moments thinking I am mentally well and refuse to take my medication and my libdo and arousul returns with revengence and I strongly contemplate making myself incontinent by any means possible. My desire is not from the psychotic disorder. I remember my fascination going back to when I was in hospital when I was 5 years old and seeing a mentally disabled person with a stack of blue adult diapers stocked beside his bed and me being completely fascinated with them. The incontinent desires started when I first learned the meaning of incontinence and I instantly new thats what I wanted to be. I have never been able to approach the subject with a therapist but would like to explore the subject. I'm not looking for ways to achieve incontinence but to have an explanation on why I have these desires.

Having a Schizoaffective Disorder puts a whole different slant on this. I think you should discuss this with your therapist, though that person may be concerned that you might want to harm yourself.

There are a number of us who fantasize about being incontinent. I wish I could wet my diaper while I'm asleep. I've done it a few times, but not many. If there was some sort of food that could cause this, I would try it, but there really isn't. Being incontinent is or can be, very inconvenient, and I'm well aware of that. I think the desire is centered around wanting to be more like a baby or toddler or at least, feeling that way.

As for there being a connection to body harming and amputation, they may be in the same ballpark, but distant from one another.

It seems like the same thing to me, although perhaps I'd feel differently if it were something I was attracted to. For my part, it's enough to have the diapers; I can manage how I deal with them without further interventions.

I would love to be nappy dependent so I guess yeah I would like to be bladder incontinent

You say "My desire is not from the psychotic disorder". This is something I easily accept, but, then again, I know virtually nothing about psychotic disorders. I, too, believe there is a distinction between psychological disorders and innate desires, even when those desires seem bizarre to the general public.

It's just my opinion but, since you identify as a diaper lover, that raises the possibility that, while your diaper desires may be innate, your desire to be incontinent could have logically arisen because you want a socially acceptable reason to wear and use diapers without the stigma normally associated with abnormal desires. Does this make sense?

In my eyes I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to be accepted with having a legitimate excuse. I think the stigma is pretty equal in my eyes as it brings a negative effect to both as unconfidently wearing them beinging lower self esteem.

I myself have a strong desire to be incontinent. It doesn't end there for me. I'm in to the medical fetish world as well. Casts, catheters, feeding tubes, breathing machines, and so on and on... And on. I

There's a number of things I've fantasized about but not experienced. I don't know where it stems from. I've also had these desires deep in to my childhood as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diaperman95
Drifter said:
You say "My desire is not from the psychotic disorder". This is something I easily accept, but, then again, I know virtually nothing about psychotic disorders. I, too, believe there is a distinction between psychological disorders and innate desires, even when those desires seem bizarre to the general public.

It's just my opinion but, since you identify as a diaper lover, that raises the possibility that, while your diaper desires may be innate, your desire to be incontinent could have logically arisen because you want a socially acceptable reason to wear and use diapers without the stigma normally associated with abnormal desires. Does this make sense?

It makes sense to me, but I do not believe it's correct. While I have the same incontinence identity (I'm not psychotic either), I also do not care about the social stigma nor do I even want to be around others most of the time. This is just more about being comfortable in your own body.

The desire to wear diapers is not, on the face of it a disorder. AI may be a way of bing more comfortable in the world, an erotic activity. Because it makes
folks uncomfortable does not place it outside the normal human spectrum of behaviors . Fetshes have been around forever. Over the past 50-60 years the concept of naming naturally occurring behavior has entered the public domain. partially because of the need for mental health professionals to have a name and code in order to get paid by third parties.

I am 89, and began mental health training over 60 years ago. When you look for the ideas then about mental illness that had been around then, not to even mention those of the preceding 50 years you would be astounded. We are still affected by untested moral concepts that persist in fostering guilt. If wearing diapers makes you feel good, then do it. I really didn't start regular use until my 80,s And am still following their use, wondering a bit about where this will lead. Ir is an adventure in guiltless self expression ( I am quite healthy, fit and continent)

olddon300 said:
The desire to wear diapers is not, on the face of it a disorder. AI may be a way of bing more comfortable in the world, an erotic activity. Because it makes
folks uncomfortable does not place it outside the normal human spectrum of behaviors . Fetshes have been around forever. Over the past 50-60 years the concept of naming naturally occurring behavior has entered the public domain. partially because of the need for mental health professionals to have a name and code in order to get paid by third parties.

I am 89, and began mental health training over 60 years ago. When you look for the ideas then about mental illness that had been around then, not to even mention those of the preceding 50 years you would be astounded. We are still affected by untested moral concepts that persist in fostering guilt. If wearing diapers makes you feel good, then do it. I really didn't start regular use until my 80,s And am still following their use, wondering a bit about where this will lead. Ir is an adventure in guiltless self expression ( I am quite healthy, fit and continent)

You're confused. The OP, and I, are NOT talking about fetishes. Diaper Fetishes (aka Diaper Sex/DS), is NOWHERE near the same as Diaper Love/DL or Adult Baby/AB. It is also more than just a simple desire.

What we are talking about is when it is an ingrained part of who we are (ie. ABDL). And for a small portion of us it's more than just a mental state of mind, it goes into being a physical state of body too.

And no offense, but your training is a little out of date now. Our understandings of both mental and physical health have been vastly expanded since then.

Yes, it's certainly a form of BIID.

I think a lot of us have it, but there's a strong stigma in the community, so many keep silent about it. This saddens me: we all know what it's like to feel alone and ashamed of liking diapers, yet people are so quick to dismiss others with incontinence desires.

I do feel it comes from a good place: worrying about self-harm to others. But realistically you can't just hop on a plane and get a sphincterotomy done in Thailand or something. Contrary to popular belief, doctors do have standards everywhere and will not just do whatever you want. I can't name a single credible source of someone who has successfully gone this route. You can't do it to yourself. The only realistic route to maybe becoming incontinent is untraining, which takes years, and for some of us even that doesn't work, and even then can most often be reversed if they're unhappy with the result. Hypnosis is just self-delusion, but it works for maybe 5% of people. The most extreme thing I've seen was people using homemade stents, but the worst that's happened was someone getting a nasty hospital bill to remove one, or an unpleasant UTI for a week and some antibiotics. Never heard of any long-term injuries, let alone deaths.

There also seems to be a "careful what you wish for" angle, but that neglects that many with this wish have already worn 24/7 for years or even decades. So we know about the costs, the inconveniences, the leaks, and so on. We know life circumstances can change and money can become tight. We know it makes it harder to find partners. We've thought about this every day and lived as though we were incontinent for the longest time.

In my case, I've wanted it prior to puberty. It did attach to sexual desires later, but for me the desire remains just as strong even when libido does not. I won't elaborate much but I've reduced my testosterone to having almost no libido and yet my desire for incontinence has not decreased. It's not just a sexual fantasy for me. And I am not looking for acceptance for having a legitimate reason to need diapers. I have no qualms telling people now, if I had to, that it was a medical condition. How would they know? If spotted, my use of premium AB products with patterns would betray that claim whether it was a physical condition or not.

Regardless of whether BIID is a mental disorder, the fact remains that just like our own like of diapers, we can't simply dismiss it by being rational about it. It's a part of us, and causes us distress every day. Doctors realized with gender identity that the risk of harm from hormone replacement therapy (liver failure, cancers, tumors, osteoporosis, blood clots..) and gender reassignment surgery was outweighed by the mental anguish of the condition. We got there because it was common enough in society that they were forced to confront it regularly. Even still, it's hard to find doctors willing to help, but it can be done. There's a doctor in Michigan that does orchiectomies for a flat payment by informed consent alone.

Unfortunately for us, this form of BIID is not nearly as common, and it's much easier to just write us off as crazy. I've never heard of a single doctor willing to help people like us.

Yes, it is possible someone with this desire could get it and then be unhappy with the reality. "The grass is always greener". But the same can be said of gender transitioning, and that same regret can and does happen there too. We can either live in a world where we have our own autonomy and we are responsible for our own actions and possible regrets, or we can live in a world where other people decide what is best for us. I'd rather live in the former, but regrettably we don't.

Finally, my chaos theory: I don't see being continent as being in control of my body, either. Continence is the body automatically clenching sphincters shut. It is an almost insurmountable challenge to reverse this behavior. Incontinence is just the opposite condition. But true autonomy and control would be being able to switch between staying clenched or staying relaxed on one's own. If I could reach that state, I'd be happy as well. Obviously, muscles would still atrophy from non-use, but could also be retrained through kegel exercises if you went too long in the relaxed state.

To me, it doesn't have to be permanent. But I don't want to be woken up at night or wake up in the morning with a full bladder. I don't want to realize I've been holding for hours and then end up flooding and increasing leak risks. I don't want to expend mental effort on this to start the process and try to stay relaxed all the time. So to me, I don't feel in control of how my own body functions, and this causes me much distress.

Reactions: Deleted member 5880
olddon300 said:

You bring an interesting perspective to the discussion. I suspect the labels we come up with for many of the 'disorders' are arbitrary and don't really indicate some kind of insight into what they actually are.

As far as BIID goes, everyone is free to decide for themselves whether a desire for incontinence should be included or not. The only time it would actually make a difference is if it was an issue on an insurance claim.

For me I don't want to be urinary incontinent for the sake of being incontinent, but at times I feel it would be more convenient for me to have overflow urinary incontinence.

I have sudden onset fecal incontinence from IBS so I always have to wear diapers just in case. As a result I end up having to use them for urinary as well simply because it'd be unreasonably expensive to waste so many. Some models of diaper would have to be taken off to use the restroom, and in my experience they tend to not like sticking well when you put second chance tapes back on. Whereas other ones the crotch can be pushed aside that compromises the fecal containment capability of the diaper by loosening it so that is a no go either. So I end up just using the diapers for urinary as well. So for me sometimes I think it'd be more convenient if I just always slowly dribbled.

ClickyKeys said:
Some models of diaper would have to be taken off to use the restroom, and in my experience they tend to not like sticking well when you put second chance tapes back on.

Haven't had much luck with pulling down and shimmying back up without removing tapes? or haven't tried?

Not much luck. Retried tend to just not stick for very long afterwards if at all. And tightness and fit is really important when it comes to the diaper's ability to contain a fecal explosion, and the shimmy off and back on trick just messes that all up.

sounds about the same to me as any of the other body identity disorders like anorexia or transgenerism.

I've always been a DL since as long as I can remember, and of course I had thoughts like "if I was incontinent, I wouldn't have to worry about wearing diapers, I'd have an excuse!". In my case though, I realized that I didn't want the loss of control, I just wanted an easy out.

Then, due to medical issues, I became incontinent and realized it doesn't get any easier, hahaha.

Yeah when i was a 8 or 9 years old my dad's boss had a son who was not ready to grow up.

Instead of telling people this, he bragged to me about his diaper one time at a sleep over, this was the first time I was introduced to a diaper large enough to fit a youth.

I was in awe, but I didn't want him to know, so I asked him " What happened?" I don't know why, but my brain has always worked like this.

So he told me a story about how fire crackers went off on his porch, and how he had gotten hit and had a large blue boil appear on his penis, and had to have surgery to remove it, and ever since that surgery had wet the bed.

-- maybe this was true, but that probably does't explain why he also pooped in them. ---
Nor did I ever ask, as my dad's boss moved onto a new job a few years later, and I never saw him again, but I would steal his used diapers from the trash .. cause of my obsession towards them, and re-tape them on with scotch tape or something. This is how i figured out that his story didn't match up.

But by then it was too late.

A few weeks after knowing him, I just had to be incontient too, and he described the location on his penis of where it happened and even asked if I wanted to see it ( not that i could have.. but I had a feeling he and i both knew i would say no). I knew with those details where to cause a scar on my penis. I stole knifes from the kitchen and cut at the under side of my penis attempting to replicate the scar.

Though I replicated the scar I never became incontinent.. just had scar tissue, giving me the fashionable hour glass during arousal, how ever high school bullying of my rather unusually large member lead to more scar tissue, (kicks, punches, and me not backing down cause I was not going to get called a baby.. when in reality.. yep)

Well one day 4 years ago, I was at a camp sight and a spidar got me, and the scar tissue was added ontop of one more time, but this time from the other side of the member.

This lead to narrowing of my urethra, and till this day I have about 1% of the velocity in any function, but I was not incontinent.

I say that to say, be-careful with what you do or try.

Stories are fake most of the time, even if the author ( this kid in my life) claims it to be real, and when you want something bad enough it is easy to believe nearly anything. If you really want something go for it, but me and many others ask you to seek professional help with it, because their is a good chance that the advice you find online for a at home remedy may leave their own scars, and fail to accomplish making you incontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back