Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
So I came upon this online, which apparently has a number of people upset: http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-abcarian-park-urinal-20160401-column.html. Now the logical part of my mind wonders how, besides perhaps the addition of a drain, this is really any more civilized and proper than using a tree or a bush, which could possibly get you in trouble with the law (I dunno about San Francisco, where you can apparently walk around naked in public). Then the kinky part of my brain imagines strolling up to there with my special funnel and... well, you get the picture. (Hey, it doesn't have a sign saying ''MEN'', right? ;) I don't think my shy bladder would allow for that though in reality.)

It's civilized simply BECAUSE of the drain.

What a lovely view for the people on the train as it goes by, the passengers looking down.

I was in San Fran several years ago. We were in downtown and I had to go. There was a street side public restroom, but it only took one person at a time. It cleaned itself after each customer. So the only other places to go were fast food restaurants. They are locked and guarded by security to keep the homeless out. You have to buy something to use them! So wifey got some coffee and I went. I wish I had thought about pullups then. They do have a big homeless problem there so this is probably a way to keep the pee off the streets and out of the bushes.

lol, what a dumb idea or at least dumb implementation of a somewhat good/not too bad idea.
I mean we've all done it! Urgent need, nowhere to go but a few bushes/trees nearby...a quick look for spectators and you go for it!
Now, I see the problem they had. If it was hidden, no one would use it....so it must be somewhat obvious. You can't make it a room or something because otherwise people would use it for unspeakable things...

It said that they also built 2 new restrooms in the park, so I don't think it's an issue with the homeless population. The article noted that the area where the urinal was placed had to do with the fact that it was right next to where all the gay dudes hung out in the park--they were trying to cut down on waiting lines in the actual restrooms.

There really should at least be some hand sanitizer or something, though, if not a hand-washing spigot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back