Status
Not open for further replies.

Backinfootedsleepers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Hi everybody!

It's been a while since I posted. I was just wondering if anyone on here has come across any older blanket sleepers or footed pajamas with the vinyl feet.

This is my dream, never found anything close to a replica of what I was wearing as a baby toddler and preschooler (I had a bunch of them till I was around 6 or 7 so I have vivid memories of them) I think they were made by Carters, I know my mom ordered them from Sears.

Older ones, not recently. But a couple of my custom made sleepers have them.

I don't recall seeing anything like that for adults although they may exist

Hi! Yes... Carters was a common brand. They made good blanket sleepers back then.

Dr Denton made their vinyl footed blanket sleepers for adults as well.

I remember them. mom always cut the feet out of them because my feet sweated so much they got stinky.

I do recall them getting sweaty and smelly, but I still loved them.

I used to wear mine out, wearing holes through the plastic. I was a very active child.

That was the unfortunate part about the plastic vinyl. It would crack and tear after wear. I still wore mine after it cracked. What brands were your blanket sleepers?

I don't remember the brand I wore back them but they may have been bought at JC Penny or Sears

They both had them back in the day. Sears had the Winnie The Pooh blanket sleepers too.

What are blanket sleepers?

Backinfootedsleepers said:
Hi everybody!

It's been a while since I posted. I was just wondering if anyone on here has come across any older blanket sleepers or footed pajamas with the vinyl feet.

Would you happen to be referring to sleepers with the plastic-ish tips to the toe section?

Unfortunately no, I have not. But I do have a sleepwear onesie that doesn't have feet to them (it's an alicorn). My older sister bought it for me when we were out one night, it was around Halloween time and I REALLY wanted it. My alicorn onesie is adorable though, nonetheless. I looked at the tag and the brand is Secret Treasures sleepwear. It's made of polyester so it is great to wear around winter time. I would love to show a photo of mine, but my older sister doesn't know where she put the camera! :bleh:

FearlessFen said:
What are blanket sleepers?

They are one piece pajamas with feet and the pjs usually zip up.

- - - Updated - - -

Noodle said:
Would you happen to be referring to sleepers with the plastic-ish tips to the toe section?

Yes. They were plastic/vinyl feet. Some had toecaps and some did not.

- - - Updated - - -

SparkleBunny said:
Unfortunately no, I have not. But I do have a sleepwear onesie that doesn't have feet to them (it's an alicorn). My older sister bought it for me when we were out one night, it was around Halloween time and I REALLY wanted it. My alicorn onesie is adorable though, nonetheless. I looked at the tag and the brand is Secret Treasures sleepwear. It's made of polyester so it is great to wear around winter time. I would love to show a photo of mine, but my older sister doesn't know where she put the camera! :bleh:

Any older blanket sleepers with feet?

They are one piece pajamas with feet and the pjs usually zip up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. They were plastic/vinyl feet. Some had toecaps and some did not.

- - - Updated - - -

Any older blanket sleepers with feet?

Only saw pink ones that were made for teens and adults (girls) in the mall, but that was years ago, haven't seen any since then.

My Mom kept one of my old blanket sleepers and one of my onesies for 'posterity' in a trunk filled with other items of my babyhood in the guest room. The brand was Carters and she got them from the old "Once Upon a Child" chain.

They both had them back in the day. Sears had the Winnie The Pooh blanket sleepers too.

I have a Sears catalogue from 1974. Yes, it has the footed sleepers with Pooh embroidered on the front, and they seem to be the most expensive pajamas in the book for younger kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back