How many wettings do premium diapers hold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I guess premium means ABDL and the good brands, I just wanted to know how many wettings your diapers last for in your ABDL branded ones an der the ones like Abena etc

It depends how full your bladder is when you wet. But usually about three if you're waiting until you have to pee to pee.

It also depends on how you define "premium." I think a premium diaper holds at least ten full bladders worth of pee. Does anybody make a premium diaper?

ArchieRoni said:
It depends how full your bladder is when you wet. But usually about three if you're waiting until you have to pee to pee.

You mean a full bladder?

It also depends on how you define hold. If you stand up, it is quite a lot, but when you sit/lie in bed there is potential to leak after two full bladder wettings.

So about 3 I'm Guessing? I do tend to pee every 45 minutes though

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I don't hold it as much, I tend to pee everytime I get an urge

Premium doesn't necessarily mean ABDL, just that the diaper can function really well, hold at least 6 hours of wetting without leaking, and also be a trustworth diaper you can count on.

Confidry, Northshore, and Betterdry are not abdl diapers, but are pretty much the best when it comes to being premium. Crinklz is too, which is the same as betterdry but has ab prints.

And as I kind of mentioned, it's not exactly how many bladders worth they can hold, but more of how long they can hold up. With staying well hydrated (which is nearly 2 liters of water per day), confidry diapers will typically last me about 8 hours each. In the past that was about 4 full bladders worth of flooding, though that fourth flooding would often lead to a leak (especially if sitting).

Abena -used to be- a premium diaper, but no longer is. This being because they average only lasting 4 hours, and are just not a trustworth diaper anymore due to too many manufacturing failures, bad tapes, and pinhole or major leaks. True they are still good diapers though, and can easily hold a couple of full bladder floods. Just not on the level of premium.

Oh, and 10 full bladders? WTF, that must be an incredibly small bladder. Even at the low end of 400 ml, that would be 4000 ml! Betterdry/crinklz can barely hold that much under real world conditions, which is usualy going to also require wearing that same diaper for a full 24 hours. No other diaper can come that close and not fall apart or leak.

Slomo said:
Oh, and 10 full bladders? WTF, that must be an incredibly small bladder. Even at the low end of 400 ml, that would be 4000 ml! Betterdry/crinklz can barely hold that much under real world conditions, which is usualy going to also require wearing that same diaper for a full 24 hours. No other diaper can come that close and not fall apart or leak.
Heheh. That was just me poking fun at ADISC's favorite ambiguous unit of measure, the "wetting."

Although if "premium is defined as six hours," and those six hours might coincide with my morning coffee binge, then perhaps ten ample pees isn't so far off.

Cottontail said:
Heheh. That was just me poking fun at ADISC's favorite ambiguous unit of measure, the "wetting."

Although if "premium is defined as six hours," and those six hours might coincide with my morning coffee binge, then perhaps ten ample pees isn't so far off.

Very true, a "wetting" is so very subjective it simply cannot be used as a unit of measurement. And that time I gave should also be taken as an average at best.

I was making the very broad assumption that one's liquid intake is spread out throughout the day. Taking in a LOT of coffee in the morning could potentially make a premium diaper last two hours before it's completely saturated.

Of course, dehydrating yourself in that same evening could potentially make that same diaper last 10 hours or more.

Many premium brands of diapers state the capacity of the diaper on the package. These capacities are (I think) determined by testing how much the diaper can hold when all the padding is fully saturated. However, because during actual use, you will not generally saturate all the padding, you will not be able to get the diaper to hold as much as the package says it should hold. In my experience, about 2/3 of the stated amount is what you might expect to get the diaper to hold before it starts leaking.

HeronimusM said:
i've got some european brand Absorin diapers, ( prescribed medical grade)
i've been sick for the last 4 days, and also been a heavy wetter due IC and so on, i've tried them out to full extend, and i can say they are good !

it could hold 4 to 6 slow bladder releases and even 4 runny BM's then they begun to sagg.

10 full bladders in a diaper would be great, but i can hardly believe that a diaper can do this, ( i've tried almost every medical grade diaper)

Rearz Inspire+/Safari can have massive wettings.

I've got a safari one! It looks massive for a medium sized diaper, are they really supposed to be that big! I havn't tried one on yet!

Angelic said:
I've got a safari one! It looks massive for a medium sized diaper, are they really supposed to be that big! I havn't tried one on yet!

Well go for it. Your gonna love it! :D

Inconinmiss said:
Many premium brands of diapers state the capacity of the diaper on the package. These capacities are (I think) determined by testing how much the diaper can hold when all the padding is fully saturated. However, because during actual use, you will not generally saturate all the padding, you will not be able to get the diaper to hold as much as the package says it should hold. In my experience, about 2/3 of the stated amount is what you might expect to get the diaper to hold before it starts leaking.

That is very much correct. Though I've found claiming even 2/3 is a bit overstated for most brands. Usually it is closer to 1/2 before they start becoming more likely to leak.

The ONLY exception to this is Betterdry/Crinklz. They are the only diaper I know of that can actually hold more than a gallon of pee (about 5000 ml), and do so without feeling like they might leak. Of course, it also takes a good 24 hours to reach that much too. At that poing rashes and diaper sag becomes the bigger issue.

There isn't a definite answer.

Some factors that will impact it.

1.Bladder output,
2.Bladder Capacity or lack there of,
3.How much you drink
4. What you drink
5.The maximum absorbency of the garment,
6. How quickly it absorbs vs how rapidly you pee
7. How much the wet pad drips out
8. How well does it fit your figure
9. Do you continuously go or is it a big void

Not as much as baby diapers. The old Abna X-Plus, not the same as M-4s though often stated as such, held tons, the new ones not so. Dry 24/7 leak through the plastic cover. ID Slips are good but the only drink a lot and survive 16 hours diaper is any better brand with a good baby diaper as a suffer/booster. It has been my experience that most baby diapers hold way more pee without press out than most adult diapers.

I'd say the best I get out of all the diapers I've tried is maybe 8 wettings overnight in a safari. None of those are "full bladder" but more like "first notice" volume. And no I don't use all the padding - since I sleep on my back the middle and back get saturated but only a very small amount in the front. I consider a diaper "at capacity" when the padding is wet to within an inch of the back top. Usually by that point the rear wings are fully saturated and you really don't have much capacity left that can be used in time without a leak on the side or crotch. Other diapers like space and carousel can get 6-7 wettings. Bambino and confidry more like 5.

if i wait until i really get the urge to pee and flood out for 10+ seconds than im expecting 3 floods out of a premium diaper. some can handle 4 or 5 and others might only handle 1 or 2 full floods but you can half flood for upwards of 10 times. if your just peeing in small amounts then expect about 10 or more uses of a good premium diaper. another way to look at it is this. if you were drinking 2 bottles of water and hour expect a premium diaper to last 4-6 hours. if your keeping hydrated but not intentionally over hydrating then you can got 6-12 hours. and if your just wearing and going about your day like normal. then you can easily make a premium diaper last all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back