Best plastic pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just a quick post, wondering what brand of plastic pants you guys and gals used. Looking for the classic clear ones. Don't want to spend a fortune on them, but want some quality ones. Found a 3 pack of Reliamed clear nylon pants for 15.00 bucks which seem alright. Anyone tried these, or any other brands?

Reactions: Limejbird
Skip those, they won't last more than 3-6 months. Plus they are the cheap knockoffs for sanipant which are notorious for not working well as is.

Look at the Gary activewear PUL pants. They have a higher up front cost, but will last for years, making them far cheaper overall.

Plus, they are machine washable, and much more durable. They don't wick pee past the elastic leg bands like the others ones you're looking at do (or plastic pants too). They are also fitted much better, which makes they way more comfortable to wear. Well, you get the picture, they're just better overall.

HeronimusM said:
that are the only ones i can get on prescribed notice

I take it that means your insurance is paing for them then? If that's the case, then it isn't quite the same waste of your money then.

rears has some clears being clearanced of angela's, if you can stand ambers you can get an insane deal

I have to second that Gary makes great plastic pants. I own a couple of the PUL plastic pants. They're not as hot as the vinyl pants which is good in the summer. Leakmaster makes excellent plastic pants but I think they're made by Gary. My Gary and Leakmaster PUL plastic pants are identical, even to where the label is placed.

my only quibble with Gary active wear is that you cannot order them based on waist size, you need to use the leg opening
if I order by waist the legs are way too tight so the are somewhat baggy as a result. I understand they will make custom sizes for a minimum order quantity. I personally like Suprema 1257. very light weight with very wide elastics.

ArchtopK said:
my only quibble with Gary active wear is that you cannot order them based on waist size, you need to use the leg opening
if I order by waist the legs are way too tight so the are somewhat baggy as a result. I understand they will make custom sizes for a minimum order quantity. I personally like Suprema 1257. very light weight with very wide elastics.

Sorry to hear that. Just like with diapers, not every brand is going to fit every person. We all have different body shapes, and I can understand how difficult it can be trying to find something which works for just each us.

I have 2 pair of the Gary PUL pants. I ordered the "active briefs" on Amazon and got the "full cut" pair from Fetware. I needed the full cut to fit over the larger North Shore Supreme or ConfiDry 24/7 briefs I use. I use the "active briefs" over a pull up or smaller brief.

In each case I was able to chose my size based on waist measurement, though they also consider thigh measurement. I did take my measurements before ordering which helped. Both pair fit perfectly and I'm very satisfied with them. They are of excellent quality.

Fetware also has polyurethane pants. They are clear plastic and thinner than vinyl, but much more durable. They are just a little crinkly, but well worth the extra money.

I recommend staying away from vinyl. Anything you use as barrier or to stop rubbing between the legs will ruin them in about 3 wearings.

Last edited:
For anyone who is s fan of GARY PUL, Gary makes products specifically for angelfluff, so among the dpecial offerings is plain white (that sucks) custom PUL pants , it will run you about $45 but you can get high rise pants to work with your high rise diapers , as many know I got my diapers from them and plastic pants that have been absolutely bulletproof , so I think it's safe to say there also Gary made PUL will be awesome , and as I have shared with many people they are a VA supplier of cloth diapers they will cover the purchase of almost all there diapers pants and onesie (the VA won't cover the real juvenile prints but everything else print and color is covered), Jeanie and Howard are great to work with both before the sale and after , they own the company and typically answer the phone , if your insurance is paying you might give them a shot because there quality and service is awesome , i dont have any buyers remorse for having bought my stuff from them.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I have had issues with Gary brand ones. I just bought some small/med ones with snaps and got a rip in it. maybe its a bad batch ?

I have been using the same gary pants for ten years with non retired yet, are you sure they authentic Gary?

comparing plastic pants to plastic pants, how do the Babypants plastic pants stack up?

I have tried quite a few over the years and for me the standouts are gary euroflex which is polyurethane, they are a lot more comfortable than Vinyl and definitely more durable but they are a bit noisier but can be muffled with underwear over top. I also really liked gary terry lined vinyl leakmaster heavy duties were good. I have just However ordered 3 pairs of flannel lined polyurethane in purple and blue from fetware I think these will be the best of everything for me but will have to report on that later http://www.fetware.com/ultraflex-flannel-lined-p-179.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
I have been using the same gary pants for ten years with non retired yet, are you sure they authentic Gary?

I bought them from a genuine store online, I doubt they're fake.

You might also try KINS pants. They are very good too. Changing Times, Fetware and Adult Cloth Diaper all have a great selection of different pants. I prefer the Gary plastic pants at night and PUL pants during the day. You should never buy more than one until you know it fits you well. The elastics can really hurt if they are not sized correctly. Measure your legs and your waist and pick a size that has a range equally covering your measurements. I personally think the most comfortable plastic pants are Gary's enclosed elastics.

Spaz said:
You might also try KINS pants. They are very good too. Changing Times, Fetware and Adult Cloth Diaper all have a great selection of different pants. I prefer the Gary plastic pants at night and PUL pants during the day. You should never buy more than one until you know it fits you well. The elastics can really hurt if they are not sized correctly. Measure your legs and your waist and pick a size that has a range equally covering your measurements. I personally think the most comfortable plastic pants are Gary's enclosed elastics.
I concur high waisted wrapped elastic no wicking or weeping , the Pants i have are made for Angelfluff by Gary once i got the perfect fit dialed in i bought the pattern so that I could have new ones made by just calling in my pattern number , they are "blue ice" I bought both pull on and snap on ,but at this point Gary is making high waist custom PUL for Angelfluff and I love PUL it's so much more comfortable so I might transition to PUL.

I like the KINS Encased Elastic Adult Plastic Pants I find that they stop any leaks I have from night time sleeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back