Thread: Hello my friends

Default Hello my friends

Howdy from way out west. My name is Scaramouche. That means little skirmisher in Italian and has a long histoory in plays, tv and a favorite song of mine. Anyway, that old name of Zipperless you see in my history is not me. I am his second cousin, once removed. I met up with him about two months ago while we crossed paths in a saloon.

You see, Zipperless was here a little over a year ago. He left unexpectedly as he had to do some "big boy" things. First, he could hardly walk and had to have foot surgery. While recovering from that, his father passed away. His dad's condo had to be sold, too and that was a nightmare. About that same time, a routine blood test (psa) showed I might have prostate cancer. Well a very painful biopsy said I might or I might not. So I had another biopsy two months ago shortly before I met up with ol' Zip. This time it came out positive for cancer. There are a few options to treat it - you never really cure it or any cancer, imo - but some of the treatments can make you urinary or even bowel incontinent to some extent. Zip told me this is abbreviated "ic" here.

That brings me here. This whole diaper or pad thing is new to me. Zip mentioned that a group at ADISC is really knowledgeable in the world of diapers and stuff so here I am for advice. Also, if you or someone you know has prostate cancer (pc) please share your or their success story with me. I've read online about the non-success stories and they're quite scary, tbh.

Otherwise, I like baseball, classic rock music, football, reading and enjoying my home life in general. Sorry kids, I'm married with a kid, two cats and a dog

Looking forward to talking to you. Maybe some of you knew Zipperless?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
    Howdy from way out west. My name is Scaramouche. That means little skirmisher in Italian and has a long histoory in plays, tv and a favorite song of mine. Anyway, that old name of Zipperless you see in my history is not me. I am his second cousin, once removed. I met up with him about two months ago while we crossed paths in a saloon.

You see, Zipperless was here a little over a year ago. He left unexpectedly as he had to do some "big boy" things. First, he could hardly walk and had to have foot surgery. While recovering from that, his father passed away. His dad's condo had to be sold, too and that was a nightmare. About that same time, a routine blood test (psa) showed I might have prostate cancer. Well a very painful biopsy said I might or I might not. So I had another biopsy two months ago shortly before I met up with ol' Zip. This time it came out positive for cancer. There are a few options to treat it - you never really cure it or any cancer, imo - but some of the treatments can make you urinary or even bowel incontinent to some extent. Zip told me this is abbreviated "ic" here.

That brings me here. This whole diaper or pad thing is new to me. Zip mentioned that a group at ADISC is really knowledgeable in the world of diapers and stuff so here I am for advice. Also, if you or someone you know has prostate cancer (pc) please share your or their success story with me. I've read online about the non-success stories and they're quite scary, tbh.

Otherwise, I like baseball, classic rock music, football, reading and enjoying my home life in general. Sorry kids, I'm married with a kid, two cats and a dog

Hi and welcome to the site. You wrote an excellent introduction. I'm sorry to hear about the prostate cancer. My wife and I have a friend who is undergoing that. He's on chemo at the moment. He still has most of his appetite and we'll be meeting them for dinner this Friday.

I was friends with Zipperless. He gave me his e-mail address via PM but I lost it when I had to clear my accumulated in box. I'd love to be able to contact him again. I'm sorry he's had a rough time as he's a very nice person.

I hope you can get the information you're looking for on this site. I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants, but most of the members wear disposables and I'm sure that's what you're interested in. Which are the best diapers is a topic that is always being discussed on this site so you'll get good information. The ironic thing is that if a person is incontinent, they can get some of the very best information from us AB/DL people. No one likes and understands diapers like us....sigh.

Anyway, I hope you like the site. We discuss more than just diapers. In fact, we talk about almost everything and it can be a lot of fun. Enjoy and good luck with your cancer recovery.

I tried to send you a pm. Your inbox is full. I thought it was more obvious Zip and I are one and the same, but I have a different role in life now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post

Damn, Sam! Welcome back!

Hope, the foot is all better now...

Sorry, about your father...

I know of one who may have had PC (the not so 'PC', cancer)... I believe, that he is about 5-years, post-op... I don't recall, what his treatment was... wow!

Anyway, I got your friend request... and, sat bolted-up... when I saw the "Dy-Dee-[Wash] Diaper truck"! Holy-shit Zip!

Anyway... trying to get the cobwebs, cleared from my head... so's I can ask you some pertinent things...

Please Jesus and, Jeez please-us!

Dumbfounded and, grateful,
    -Marka

Wow, I just discovered this thread this morning. Hi, Zip, I mean Scarmouche (it'll take me awhile to get used to that name). It's really good to hear from you again, in spite of the reasons for your return here. You have been missed.

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I'm sure there will be tough days ahead but there will be many, many good ones. Take comfort in knowing that many cancer survivors before you had the same worries and concerns. A positive outlook is essential, along with good support from friends, family and Adisc. We are here for you.

"Cancer, go f*ck yourself!"
    Last edited by Starrunner; 12-Jul-2017 at 15:17.

I feel fine, really. PC is one of those silent killers that if not detected in time, then it's too late and a long road of misery. I feel a blog coming soon...

And thank you both for welcoming "Scaramouche" to the fold. Zip left suddenly and I was afraid that he might have hurt some feelings when he left in such a hurry. He had to concentrate on the crappy side of life and just when he thought it was over - BAM! - He met me, kind of an alter ego of his. But just a cousin of some kind.

I see a lot has changed, but yet, no. As soon as I reopened my account I saw where a religious thread was closed by a mod. Imagine that!

Now to get used to things again like using the intimidating quote button.

And, when you tell IC companies you have cancer, they send you some good quality free diapers and pullups! I enjoyed diaper Friday for the first time in months.

***Note: If you don't have cancer, please don''t ask for samples. Most will give you samples upon request anyway.***

Welcome "back". You've been missed. We all go through those rough patches of life. They suck. I hope things look up for you. Keep the faith!