Self-Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megabrick

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I recently discovered that I'm a Little, and all of the advantages/disadvantages that brings. However, I'm still curious as to why I have such a fascination with this side of me. See, the thing is, from what I've read so far, a lot of Littles and Adult Babies are the way they are because they had comfortable childhoods and stressful teen/adulthoods, with Little Space helping to cope with that stress and provide comfort.

Problem is, firstly, while I did have a comfortable(sheltered?) childhood(still sheltered for the most part), I can't quite remember it well, AND for some reason I am uncomfortable thinking about my childhood or being around children in general. Second problem is that I don't have a stressful adulthood. Because I haven't had any true 'adult' experiences, I don't have anything to stress about. I don't worry as much as other people do, and I don't generally feel like I need to cope.

The only thing that really lends credence to the fascination/interest/whatever I have in acting like/being treated like a four year old, is that when I was seven I rushed to grow up. I stopped playing with toys, stopped playing on the playgrounds, pretty much gave up any "childish" activities I had for some glorified image of being 'mature' and 'proper'(cold and no-fun), and being a Little is probably to 'make up for lost time'. Though, a bit younger than I had lost. (Interestingly though, I have always had more childish traits than I realized - including an inability to recognize subtle social cues).

Anyway, any thoughts on the matter? it would be great to get some guidance/tips from others who know more about this.

Hi Legobrick100

Being a Little for me anyway is just letting myself be my self, who I really am on the inside.

Not ageplay. Not pretending to be anything other than who I am really.

Self acceptance is so big, as you live with your self for a long time.

This doesn't mean you give up on being an adult or adulting you still have to be in the real world.

It mean that you give yourself permission to be the person you are on the inside, that person is valued in her own right and loved.

Ok we not going so far, has to be walking down the street in just a diaper and snap crotch onesie.

All though I would like to suck on my pasifer when out. It's ok for people to smoke right. But not for someone with the physical appearance of an adult.

I sergeant that you don't spend to long wondering how you become to be a Little. Or why you like the same thing that a toddler would like.

Just go with it and be happy with in your self.

Hope that helps you.

Siysiy

Makes a lot of Sense why you like being little, I think it was for the same reason myself, but my mom always groaned abut me liking my princesses and being a little girl and she HATED any babyish behaviour, I also think being a toddler is a very short life stage and you never get to be it for long, I had some fond memories of being without worries and just having fun.

I think it's different for everyone. Sometimes it's related to a specific trauma, whether incidental or ongoing, and sometimes it's simply just wanting to be silly and relax. Or it could be neither! I know for me, I've.... been through a lot. Incidental traumas and long-term abuse; I won't go into details. I was kinda forced to grow up really fast, so we've pretty much labeled my little space as another coping mechanism.

I'd say do yourself a favor and don't try to completely reason it out. We don't always need a reason for what we do, so long as it's not hurting anyone (including yourself!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This question is always coming up. There is no shortage of entertaining, psychological explanations. There are hundreds of them. None of them have any real, scientific support. The only supported theories I've read about involve a process animals are known to go through called imprinting which, evidence suggests, is responsible for some of the fundamental, emotional attachments animals, including humans, can form.

I second AmiPanda on this one. Although, I have similar motivations to Ami as to why I am a little.

Drifter said:
This question is always coming up. There is no shortage of entertaining, psychological explanations. There are hundreds of them. None of them have any real, scientific support. The only supported theories I've read about involve a process animals are known to go through called imprinting which, evidence suggests, is responsible for some of the fundamental, emotional attachments animals, including humans, can form.
Sorry, can't quite help it. I can get very analytical sometimes.

Legobrick100 said:

That happens to me all the time. No need to apologize, its just who we are.

Legobrick100 said:
Me too. Sorry if I came off as too dismissive. I didn't mean it that way.

Admittedly, I have become dismissive of psychological explanations for ABDL desires and behaviors. Psychological theories on this have no evidence to back them up. Imprinting theories do.

Where psychology is useful in the ABDL world is in coping with the problems of having socially unacceptable behaviors that we feel compelled to act out. Fortunately, the field of psychology in general is moving away from the Freudian nonsense of looking for a 'cure' and moving more towards behavior therapy aimed at accepting and coping.

From the evidence I've read about, the 'diaper love' aspect of ABDL is almost certainly an imprinted characteristic as opposed to having some kind of psychological cause. Imprinted characteristics are formed in the early stages of childhood, are the result of a natural process everyone goes through, tend to be very strong, tend to be permanent, and are sometimes very confusing because they can be pretty weird. The bulk of imprinted traits, though, fly under the radar because they are so 'normal' we assume they are instinctive.

You identify as a 'little' rather than a diaper lover or adult baby. I'm convinced that imprinting plays a significant part in this too, but the classic signs that identify imprinted characteristics aren't as clear cut in a situation like this that involves a desire for a broader, less defined range of behaviors. Still, if we rule out a direct genetic cause, the only other possible causes I'm aware of are either some form of mental illness/psychological defect, or imprinting. I assume you don't actually lose touch with reality when you are in a 'little' state so my opinion is that this isn't a sign of a mental defect. Until something better comes along, I'll stick with imprinting theories.

Most actually don't know the exact reason why we are this way. It is just a part of who we are, and denying that only brings us stress and misery. Try to not dwell on the why part, and just embrace youself for who you are.

Since Freud got brought up, I would just suggest that sometimes, a binky is just a binky.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back