Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am just wondering if anyone has ever experienced seeing parents buying their older children diapers I have on a few occasions.

1. I was in walmart one day and this kid came walking by the cash registers twirling a pack of diapers in his hands (my guess him being nervous that's what I would have done being nervous and trying to keep my mind occupied off the fact my parents are making me buy diapers) he looked to be about 7 or 8 and there was no younger kids around him it was just weird.

2. I was in CVS one day totally different day and I went to get some goodnites and there down the aisle this kid was already picking out goodnites I heard some talking between him and his parents but nothing major I just turned around and left he looked to be about 9 I don't know really know just at a guess.

3. I was in walmart headed to the diaper aisle just to look around and there was this kid looked to be about 7 and his mom giving him heck what I heard was crazy. she was saying things like " I'm not going to be dealing with changing wet sheets anymore." you know the usual nightmare material parents give a child he was really upset kind of crying she wasn't being very loud about it but I just felt really bad for the kid.

4. Not really about diapers but kind of an odd experience I was standing in sam's club looking at the mattresses when there was this woman and her child standing not to far away the child says to the mom: (I don't need a baby bed.) the mom responds back ( well if you quit acting like a baby I won't buy you one.) it was just very odd.

I would just like to know if any of you have had these kind of experiences.

I've never seen it person but I think I've seen the aftermath of an overflowing diaper when I saw a puddle of pee next to an opened pack of diapers in the baby aisle at walmart some years ago.

Worst I've seen was a kid pitching a fit because the store was out of the design of pullups he wanted, so his mom was trying to explain that and say the other store brand looked just as cool. Kid was not having it, and mom looked like she was about to cry or scream or both. Poor woman ended up dragging him out of the store sans purchases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AmiPanda said:
Worst I've seen was a kid pitching a fit because the store was out of the design of pullups he wanted, so his mom was trying to explain that and say the other store brand looked just as cool. Kid was not having it, and mom looked like she was about to cry or scream or both. Poor woman ended up dragging him out of the store sans purchases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Heh heh... Well, as Huggies Pull-Ups are the only training pants I'll buy, I can sympathize with the kid a bit. ;)

Not something I look for, but just staying observant. I've seen plenty of times going through the store where I might see a pack of goodnites in the cart with a kid in tow. Also older adults with a pack of depends (or whatever) in their cart.

I'm fairly certain that diapers after the age of three are becoming more and more acceptable by society as a whole. People aren't trying as hard to hide or outright deny diapers when they are needed. Still a long way to go for diapers when wanted though.

Slomo said:
Not something I look for, but just staying observant. I've seen plenty of times going through the store where I might see a pack of goodnites in the cart with a kid in tow. Also older adults with a pack of depends (or whatever) in their cart.

I'm fairly certain that diapers after the age of three are becoming more and more acceptable by society as a whole. People aren't trying as hard to hide or outright deny diapers when they are needed. Still a long way to go for diapers when wanted though.
I think you just made another lightbulb in my head turn on, Slomo. My mom used to complain about how difficult it was to potty train me. I was 3 when potty trained but wet the bed for years. I was born in the early 70s. I often wonder if I'd even be an ABDL today if I wasn't forced out diapers before I was ready. Both my kids have taken much longer than 3 years to potty train and my daughter is still having some issues with it at age 8.

Tommycombs said:
I think you just made another lightbulb in my head turn on, Slomo. My mom used to complain about how difficult it was to potty train me. I was 3 when potty trained but wet the bed for years. I was born in the early 70s. I often wonder if I'd even be an ABDL today if I wasn't forced out diapers before I was ready. Both my kids have taken much longer than 3 years to potty train and my daughter is still having some issues with it at age 8.

While I don't believe I was trained/forced out of diapers too early, my mother has strict views on the topic, and they definitely made an impact on my ab/dl side. The ''too old for diapers'' theme results in a mix of feelings for me.

Tommycombs said:

My family tried to potty train me when I turned 3, but I couldn't get completely out of diapers until I was 6. My relatives would not stop pressuring me to use the potty and that made it even more difficult. Even when I got into normal underwear, I would still occasionally have accidents (both #1 & #2) and I get a spanking. I had less accidents as time went by and nowadays I wear diapers because I want to.

I have friends who have kids that range from 0-8, and I even saw an 9-year old in pull-ups. Most parents I meet today are way more chilled with their kids wearing diapers longer.

Thank god for the interwebs from both perspectives: observer and observee.

Tommycombs said:
I often wonder if I'd even be an ABDL today if I wasn't forced out diapers before I was ready.

I feel exactly the same way. Continence problems for as long as I can remember and toilet training did not go well. Add to that my mom's mantra "diapers are for babies" and you can imagine some of the difficulties that I went through.

Back on topic. A few years ago I was walking into Target and there was a mom and several children walking next to me in tow. As soon as we got in the store I heard the boy, who was probably 5 or 6, say "I've got to go potty" to his mom and start heading toward the rest rooms at the front of the store. His mom instantly steered him back to her and said in a straight forward matter of fact way "use your diaper, that's what it's for, we're in a hurry." He took one glance at the restrooms and hurried to catch up to his mom and sister. At the time, I thought jeez, what happened to strict toilet training principles. But I guess in today's fast paced world some parents throw that out the window when they need to get something done.

Spaz said:
I feel exactly the same way. Continence problems for as long as I can remember and toilet training did not go well. Add to that my mom's mantra "diapers are for babies" and you can imagine some of the difficulties that I went through.

Back on topic. A few years ago I was walking into Target and there was a mom and several children walking next to me in tow. As soon as we got in the store I heard the boy, who was probably 5 or 6, say "I've got to go potty" to his mom and start heading toward the rest rooms at the front of the store. His mom instantly steered him back to her and said in a straight forward matter of fact way "use your diaper, that's what it's for, we're in a hurry." He took one glance at the restrooms and hurried to catch up to his mom and sister. At the time, I thought jeez, what happened to strict toilet training principles. But I guess in today's fast paced world some parents throw that out the window when they need to get something done.

That particular instance just sounds more like parental laziness to me. Kid wants to use a readily available bathroom but parent makes them use a diaper?

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
That particular instance just sounds more like parental laziness to me. Kid wants to use a readily available bathroom but parent makes them use a diaper?

Not laziness if she ultimately has to clean him up.

i was recently in line behind a mom and two kids in walmart. boy maybe ten, girl a little younger. both were carrying a package of goodnites, and stuck out their tongues at each other as thet put their pack on the. sort of like to say "there, i'll show you!" i had to chuckle.

the mom heard me and turned around. i guess she was going to give me a piece of her mind. i smiled and said "i wish they had goodnites when i was their age, i would have had a much drier bed."

ggreggy said:
i was recently in line behind a mom and two kids in walmart. boy maybe ten, girl a little younger. both were carrying a package of goodnites, and stuck out their tongues at each other as thet put their pack on the. sort of like to say "there, i'll show you!" i had to chuckle.

ggreggy said:
the mom heard me and turned around. i guess she was going to give me a piece of her mind. i smiled and said "i wish they had goodnites when i was their age, i would have had a much drier bed."

So I guess it took you 22 hours to think up the next part of your story, huh?

We were in a Target once and a mom was pushing her daughter in a cart. The little girl told her mom she had to potty. Her mom said to just go in your pullup. She was about 4. My wife and I were flabbergasted.

I never thought this topic would go this far thanks for all the replies everyone!

btw I know that sounds weird I just thought a thanks was in order. XD

I think part of the problem is parent laziness because diapers are easier and the other half is just not caring enough, also laziness and "not caring" are two different things. "laziness" is just "easier" and "not caring" is a thing of negligence.

I would also like to state that I fully believe that diaper punishment is a thing and "babying" is too. I experienced "babying" due to bedwetting and damn near diaper punishment itself and that is not fun to experience first hand.

No, i took so long to figure out how to respond on this treadmill i'm on that i ran out of time and had to move onto my next exercise. i'm new at this site and typing with one finger as i walk. all very challenging.

Idk, I would love to meet the woman of my dreams, and I would hope one day I'm blessed enough to have children.
Providing that my children don't show any medical related issues with using the bathroom, I would be the dad making siren noises to rush a child to the bathroom if they needed to go and verbally said so, that's part of potty training and raising a kid.
No fault if you don't make it, and def no fault if there's a medical issue, it's just part of growing up and when I read these posts of a kid announcing to there parent they need to go and are told to use your pants, it's sickening to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back