Boys vs Girls Goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey guys, quick question. I was looking for a pack of L/XL Boys Goodnites at Walmart the other day, but they were all out of them. I really wanted to try the new ones as I've heard they are a bit wider and have better absorption. However, they only one they had the huge pack, so I ended up buying the girls Goodnites L/XL instead. I was wondering if there is a big difference in width and absorption compared to the boys ones? Or what other differences (apart from design) do they have? Thanks for the help!

MailCat581 said:
Your guess is as good as mine. I stopped buying Goodnites years ago after they did away with the solid white XL size which fit me perfectly and had no leaks. They started making the designed ones and that's when they had a decline in performance in my opinion. I had more leaks and the fit wasn't quite right when they went to gender specific ones. That's when I stopped buying them. I haven't worn Goodnites since then.

Well, to be honest, before I started buying and using adult diapers I would fantasize about Goodnites. I think it all started when we got a Goodnite sample at our house. At that time, Goodnites were white with some print on it, but it was pretty obvious it was a diaper. Then I grew older and forgot about 'em and started using regular adult diapers. It was on a trip a couple of years ago while looking for baby powder that I found them and gave them a go. Not the best diapers, as they leaked before the back part was full, but I'd use them from time to time for a quick wetting and found the design kinda cute. But ever since I read that the new ones have a double leak guard and supposed increased absorption that I got interested in them again. I'll probably buy one of each, after all they're quite cheap.

I heard the kidgets brand overnites are comparable to what a goodnite is but they are made how goodnites where originally made before they made there big change. I might go puck up a pack today and try them, i know family dollar carries kidgets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrandenDL4ever said:
I heard the kidgets brand overnites are comparable to what a goodnite is but they are made how goodnites where originally made before they made there big change. I might go puck up a pack today and try them, i know family dollar carries kidgets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to look it up on google but I can't find it anywhere.

Family dollar doesn't list much on their website. That's why you can't find it. They don't offer anything online, so you only get so much information.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly, I prefer the boys ones since I'm a young man myself and prefer those ones by default, so I don't really know if there's a difference in terms of capacity. But can I add that if you're a guy who prefers the girls ones, I have no problem with that at all. Get the girls ones if those are what you want.

I've worn both and found little or no difference. Since the design change, I've only bought and worn the girls Goodnites. I like the way they look as they look much more like a toddler diaper. The boys have the skate boarder or Ninja, and that's not very babyish at all. I also like the sissy aspect of the girls Goodnites. They do hold more than the previous design and I've been pleased with them.

I should explain that I wear them for night use. I wear a think cloth diaper over them and then plastic pants, so leaking isn't an issue. Goodnites on their own will leak after a good wetting.

Jacorn221 said:
Hey guys, quick question. I was looking for a pack of L/XL Boys Goodnites at Walmart the other day, but they were all out of them. I really wanted to try the new ones as I've heard they are a bit wider and have better absorption. However, they only one they had the huge pack, so I ended up buying the girls Goodnites L/XL instead. I was wondering if there is a big difference in width and absorption compared to the boys ones? Or what other differences (apart from design) do they have? Thanks for the help!

Outside of the designs? Generally the difference for Youth/Baby Pull-Ups tends to be where the center of absorbency(core?) is placed to fit each gender and absorb the best for each one, like Girls should generally be padded up more near the bottom center and boys around the bottom front as opposed to center, havent tried the new ones but I'd assume this would be a factor still.

dogboy said:
I've worn both and found little or no difference. Since the design change, I've only bought and worn the girls Goodnites. I like the way they look as they look much more like a toddler diaper. The boys have the skate boarder or Ninja, and that's not very babyish at all. I also like the sissy aspect of the girls Goodnites. They do hold more than the previous design and I've been pleased with them.

I should explain that I wear them for night use. I wear a think cloth diaper over them and then plastic pants, so leaking isn't an issue. Goodnites on their own will leak after a good wetting.

I use them during the day as quick protection without adding bulk, as I don't have plastic pants at the moment. That being said, what what brand of plastic pants did you get and where'd you get them from? I'm in need of some quite badly now..

Jacorn221 said:
I use them during the day as quick protection without adding bulk, as I don't have plastic pants at the moment. That being said, what what brand of plastic pants did you get and where'd you get them from? I'm in need of some quite badly now..

Hi. I bought Leakmaster high backs from Amazon. I wear the high backs because I'm sleeping and I wanted to be sure that the plastic pant was big enough to more than cover the cloth diaper. Cloth will wick into your bedding if it's exposed so I wanted to be sure it wasn't exposed. I have a 32" waist and I wear the small sized Leakmaster and they're comfortable. The plastic on them is somewhat thinner but it's also soft. I'm also a bike rider so my thighs aren't large, but smaller. Your thighs can effect size.

If you buy some plastic pants, only rinse them off in lukewarm water, no soap. Plastic pants don't like petroleum derivatives since they are also made from petroleum. They will get hard and crack when they are exposed to oil and oil products. They will do this eventually but I try to get several months out of them before they crack and split. I rinse mine off when I'm talking my shower in the morning. Then I hang them up to dry on a plastic hanger. Never put them in a dryer.

I also found some Up and Up Nighttime underwear from Target. Read some good reviews about them, most emphasizing how they were more durable than Goodnites. I'll see when I can go to Target and get a pack.

I've tried both. They're no different in terms of fit, and on my larger frame, neither of them work very well. There is a rectangle of wetness-spreading material that is plainly positioned toward the front on the boy GoodNites and more to the middle on the girl ones. I don't know if the difference runs any deeper. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that there'd be any difference in the padding at all, given that baby diapers and most adult diapers are gender-neutral. Why not make one kind of GoodNites, just with different prints? Seems likely to be cheaper.

I don't buy GoodNites often, but when I do, I get the girl kind. Like dogboy, I find the designs much more babyish. Ninjas and skateboards and similar things tend to cancel my baby headspace. And I've got a bit of sissy in me too.

Cottontail said:
I've tried both. They're no different in terms of fit, and on my larger frame, neither of them work very well. There is a rectangle of wetness-spreading material that is plainly positioned toward the front on the boy GoodNites and more to the middle on the girl ones. I don't know if the difference runs any deeper. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that there'd be any difference in the padding at all, given that baby diapers and most adult diapers are gender-neutral. Why not make one kind of GoodNites, just with different prints? Seems likely to be cheaper.

I don't buy GoodNites often, but when I do, I get the girl kind. Like dogboy, I find the designs much more babyish. Ninjas and skateboards and similar things tend to cancel my baby headspace. And I've got a bit of sissy in me too.

That seems logical, considering how cheap they are the must be the same or extremely similar. And now that I've used a couple of the girls ones, I agree with you guys, the girls ones are cuter. I still like the boys ones, especially the camo print, but butterflies and flowers are way cuter. Plus, the pink is quite nice.

The difference is where you pee. Girls ones have more padding between the legs compared to boys. So if you "point down" girls actually will work better for you than boys ones will.

I'm female but I have worn both. Sizing is exactly the same. The only difference is where the additional padding is like already stated in a previous comment. Girls is in the middle and boys is in the front. As a stomach sleeper I enjoyed the placement of the padding in the boys goodnites. To each their own.

Good to know that it's more than just aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back