Flat cloth diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnifex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am wondering why nobody else seems to be using flat diapers because I love them and I rarely ever use disposable any more because I found that they are great and alot more absorbent and leak barely ever they are very good at being customized to be more absorbent where you want it

Oh, you're far from the only one here to use flats. I'm mostly a prefold guy m'self, but about a year ago, I discovered the Snug Bug stretch-flats from Sweet Iris Designs. They're a one-sided French terry made from bamboo and spandex. They're for babies, but because of their stretchiness, they're the most adult-friendly baby diapers I've ever come across. I have a 37" waist, 42" hips, and a 27" rise, and these diapers go right on and are extremely comfortable. I usually stack two of them, then tri-fold a third diaper down the middle for extra absorbency. The absorbency of these diapers is incredible, too.

I'm sure a few others will chime in...

I have some purity flat and some Birdseye flat diapers that my neighbor made for me since I have a thirty four inch waist she made them forty four inch and I can use any fold with smaller flat inside of them or Gerber baby prefold works great for me

I like my flat gauze diapers the best. They are great for overnight with a baby prefold for a stuffer and pull-on plastic pants. I sometimes wear them in the daytime, although I wear disposables in the daytime if I am away from home.

As a younger adult, I had a 29" waist and I often used the toddler sized Gerber flat baby diapers along with the Gerber pre-folds. I'd put two pre-folds inside a flat diaper along with Gerber toddler size plastic pants. I was able to wear those for many years until the internet connected me with adult size cloth diapers. I still like the idea of wearing real baby diapers.

Flats ARE awesome-I recently got a bunch during the last sale. They dry WAY faster than pre-folds(which i still prefer).
Unfortunetly, my caregiver pins my pre-folds WAY better & easier than when she uses my flats with their numerous(& pretty cool) varieties of interesting folds like the orgomy(sp) fold!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

How do you pin them if you use pins front to back or up and down

i wear contour diapers but use flat ones too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have just ordered some flat fold terry nappies, will post our experience with them later in the week

You'll love 'em!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

never heard of them

Maxx said:
Best part is you could get them almost anywhere. Still can, I suppose. Toddler plastic pants stopped fitting around age 15.

They're much harder to find in stores now, but the last time I was in Toys R Us, they had both the cloth diapers and plastic pants. But I can remember when you could buy them at your local grocery store or pharmacy. Ah...the good old days, though it was about 15 or 20 years ago.

dogboy said:
They're much harder to find in stores now, but the last time I was in Toys R Us, they had both the cloth diapers and plastic pants. But I can remember when you could buy them at your local grocery store or pharmacy. Ah...the good old days, though it was about 15 or 20 years ago.
Yes, the good ole days... I can clearly remember, as a kid in the mid 1980s, walking the baby aisle of the local supermarket and seeing Curity cloth diapers for sale. They seemed to be in most department stores, too. These days, I see cloth diapers most often in Target and Toys/Babies 'R' Us. These are usually the Gerber prefolds, made according to the late-80s Kendall "Soft Care" recipe. They're not actually all that bad, but neither are they really my thing, being as they're mostly Birdseye. I've also got a high-end, Whole Foods-esque market near me that sells GroVia prefolds. I bought some a couple of years ago and they're pretty good as stuffers--typical of the twill baby prefolds that seem to be the norm now.

I wear prefold night diapers and contour during the day ,all are high rise , I only wear disposables for going out , cloth is boss!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

My wife made me a bunch of prefolds (essentially flat diaprs with extra panels in the center) and I have a few straightout flat diapers I bought. I wear them from time to time.

There are so many types of adult cloth diapers available these days. It can be expensive to experiment to find what works best for you but in the end, i think it's well worth it. I have a large assortment of cloth diapers, from prefold,contour and pull-up. I do like the contour with velcro closure when out. They're easy to change when out. You just have to make sure the velcro closures are closed tight when washing and especially drying. I sometimes will wear them over my confidry disposable when I'm going to be out for a while and know I'll need to change. The disposable with a stuffer pad sometimes isn't enough. As much as I detest a public change, sometimes it's necessary. When I now I'll be out a long time at a place that doesn't have a suitable changing location, I'll wear a cloth pull-up diaper (Kins model 10700) over my disposable along with the mandatory plastic pants. At night for sleep this is what I always wear. I always use a bed pad at night (48' x 54") No leaks and comfortable for sleep once you get used to the thickness. I at one time I used pin on gauze prefolds exclusivly but found the pins cumbersom. In public the velcro contours or the pull-ups over a confidri 24/7 sound bulky and they are. But after 20 plus years I know how to dress to remain stealth. I will admit they're a bit easier to walk in once they're a little damp. But if capacity is a consideration, this is what works best for me. Especially if changing in public isn't your thing. For myself, a public change is not on my list of favorite things. I feel I can never get clean enough without a shower. I use Nullo for odor elimination and always a generous application of Desitin ointment to protect my skin so I can remain in a soiled diaper a long time without being offensive to others or risking skin damage. I'd rather wait after a BM until I can get home for a proper change and shower. Sometimes that could mean being in a soiled diaper for a few hours or more. But with the precautions I take it's simply a matter of getting used to it. After 20 years, I'm used to it. And the diapers I use allow for it.

All of my cloth and plastic pants are from either Angelfluff or Babykins , i spent $20K on diapers and onesies ten years ago all of the ones i have in service are still performing and I still have some new ones hidden in the closet , no pants have died yet and no diapers have graduated to car washing yet . I do not regret my investment in anyway .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I bought some flanalette flat which I'll (try) and fold into a nappy. Never tried cloth but might be good for the just in case for nighttime rather than wasting disposables. No one knows I'm a DL so I'll have to wash in shower and hang in wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back