Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat cloth diapers

Default Flat cloth diapers

I am wondering why nobody else seems to be using flat diapers because I love them and I rarely ever use disposable any more because I found that they are great and alot more absorbent and leak barely ever they are very good at being customized to be more absorbent where you want it

Oh, you're far from the only one here to use flats. I'm mostly a prefold guy m'self, but about a year ago, I discovered the Snug Bug stretch-flats from Sweet Iris Designs. They're a one-sided French terry made from bamboo and spandex. They're for babies, but because of their stretchiness, they're the most adult-friendly baby diapers I've ever come across. I have a 37" waist, 42" hips, and a 27" rise, and these diapers go right on and are extremely comfortable. I usually stack two of them, then tri-fold a third diaper down the middle for extra absorbency. The absorbency of these diapers is incredible, too.

I'm sure a few others will chime in...

I have some purity flat and some Birdseye flat diapers that my neighbor made for me since I have a thirty four inch waist she made them forty four inch and I can use any fold with smaller flat inside of them or Gerber baby prefold works great for me

I like my flat gauze diapers the best. They are great for overnight with a baby prefold for a stuffer and pull-on plastic pants. I sometimes wear them in the daytime, although I wear disposables in the daytime if I am away from home.

As a younger adult, I had a 29" waist and I often used the toddler sized Gerber flat baby diapers along with the Gerber pre-folds. I'd put two pre-folds inside a flat diaper along with Gerber toddler size plastic pants. I was able to wear those for many years until the internet connected me with adult size cloth diapers. I still like the idea of wearing real baby diapers.

Flats ARE awesome-I recently got a bunch during the last sale. They dry WAY faster than pre-folds(which i still prefer).
    Unfortunetly, my caregiver pins my pre-folds WAY better & easier than when she uses my flats with their numerous(& pretty cool) varieties of interesting folds like the orgomy(sp) fold!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

How do you pin them if you use pins front to back or up and down

Quote Originally Posted by Babybuk View Post
    How do you pin them if you use pins front to back or up and down
    I prefer orienting the pins side-to-side versus up-and-down. I'm not convinced that the orientation makes a big difference though, fit-wise.

There's a medium-length discussion on this topic over in the cloth group.

i wear contour diapers but use flat ones too

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We have just ordered some flat fold terry nappies, will post our experience with them later in the week