Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: presidential Candidates

Default presidential Candidates

So with the upcoming presidential election in the u.s. i was wondering who every supports(even if you can't vote)(like me) or if your in a foreign country who do you think would be best for our country?

I personally support ron paul but he doesn't seem to have a snowballs chance in hec.I think hillary would do better than barroc.(whos middle name is hussein lol) Whoever gets elected is going ot have a hard fixing everything so whats everyones view?

Personally I kind of like Huckabee, though he's a longshot at this point. McCain would be okay. As for Obama vs. Clinton, I'll wait until the Democrats have decided on a candidate before I weigh that out (as a registered Republican I'm not eligible to vote in their primaries anyway).

I don't trust Hillary Clinton -- there are almost too many reasons to list why I don't trust her.

I would choose Huckabee over McCain, although I fear that Huckabee's heavy religious background honestly poses a potential problem for the progress of the United States. Then again, McCain is far too middle-of-the-road -- he's too liberal for a conservative, and his lack of commitment to responsibilities in the past make me wonder if he's really cut up for this president thing.

Obama? I don't agree with all of his standards, however, I believe that the man has a lot to say. I don't really care what his affiliations are -- I just care that, whether Democrat or Republican, that the person in office come 2009 is strong-willed and willing to uphold their political standards for the good of the country.

If anything, if Obama was elected, he'd potentially encourage a mindset-change throughout the country, and the election of a black president (though he himself never brings color into things, which I like) might very well open up new doors that we as a country have never considered before.

So who am I voting for?

Tom Dickson for president, baby!

I'm for McCain, but as long as it's not Hillary, I'm perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Personally I kind of like Huckabee, though he's a longshot at this point. McCain would be okay. As for Obama vs. Clinton, I'll wait until the Democrats have decided on a candidate before I weigh that out (as a registered Republican I'm not eligible to vote in their primaries anyway).
    You even come close to supporting Huckabee...FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    You even come close to supporting Huckabee...FFS
    I don't "come close" to supporting him, I do support him. But the simple fact is, that mathematically it is very unlikely (impossible?) that he will be the candidate, so it's sort of a moot point right now. The only thing I'm not crazy about is his "fair tax" idea. It has its bright sides (e.g. criminals, aliens forced to pay taxes) but I think the downsides far outweigh this (e.g. poor bear same burden as rich).

I want Obama elected, and if I was American, and of legal age, I'd so vote for him.

I'd definitely vote for Obama. I don't agree with everything he says, but moreso than the other candidates. It is amazing how stupid these people are that actually think he is a terrorist just because he is mixed, and at one point thought he was a Muslim (although that wasn't true).

As for the republicans, I'm not sure... I'll take anyone except for McCain, who is about to get his nomination anyway, so I'll just pull for the Democrats this year (unless it's Hillary vs. McCain; in that case I'd encourage the boycotting of the right to vote).

Default A hard job

Hi All

Whoever gets in will have a job picking up the pieces after Busk's mess, hope there is a change in America view of the world, its a bit right winged at present, we in Australia just got rid of Howard (a Bush buddy) so things are on the move here again.

Cheers

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox View Post
    It is amazing how stupid these people are that actually think he is a terrorist just because he is mixed, and at one point thought he was a Muslim (although that wasn't true).
    Yeah I agree! I'm really sick of hearing people constantly calling him "Barack Hussein Obama" and then say they're just doing it to honor his name... get real. It's disgusting all the propaganda about him, like that he is/was a Muslim, and that he took the oath of office on the Koran. Not that there would be anything wrong with him being a Muslim, but wtf, he's not one. The whole thing really reflects poorly on the people doing it.