Thread: my BM accidents are getting worse

Default my BM accidents are getting worse

Hello all,

i've got a question,

my uncontrollable BM accidents are getting worse and also the frequency,
    i'm not too worried, and i dont feel like seeing my GP,
    my caffeine intolerance is getting stronger, and in the morning drinking 2 cups of coffee, all things go nuts.. and all gets runny...
    i'm eating as healty as possible, i'm carefull with sugar, getting enough fluids in like 3 liters of water with fruit sirop... a 1 part sirop to 1 liter water...
    i'm not as healthy as i would be also exercise wise, getting into walking/ running tights is a bit much because i need my thick diapers... ( i'm getting to grow into it though)

do i need to be concerned? i guess not because every step in getting accidents and so on i can relate to something like coffee or spicy food like peppers and garlic

Well yeah, you should be concerned. Any person who is having medical issues and yet doesn't want to go to the doctor should be concerning.

And yes, caffeine is a know bowel irritant. Cut out the coffee and start taking some fiber for starters.

I think you need to see your GP.

Agreed go see your doctor and cut coffee out for a while to see if your bowel issues subside but its time to see your doctor

Definitely see the GP. What is your diet like otherwise. Syrup and water isn't something you can live on for an extended period.

i've seen my GP after a 2 day poop nightmare, nothing really wrong !
    i'm eating enough fibers, also hydrated perfectly !
    my bowels are more sensitive now, so as mentioned, cut back the caffeine.

Any significant change in bowel habits could be a sign of a more serious condition. I too experience a change in my BM's from time to time. I stopped drinking coffee years ago and with the addition of a bulk producing fiber supplement (I injest 4 to 5 large , double doses of Metamucil a day and while this sounds like a lot, through experimentation, it's what i've found is needed to keep my BM's firm). I drink almost exclusively decafinated green tea, hot or cold out of a bottle -Lipton diet green tea. I also drink plenty of water so if anything, i'm over-hydrated. I eat mostly organic, unprepared food so my diet is extremely "clean." I do enjoy the occasional pizza when out but otherwise I stick to what I know works for me. When I first became IC, my voids were very loose (and uncomfortable). My life-style includes regular exersize also. You can't expect regular, easy to pass BM's without a healthy lifestyle. I do, however,experience increased frequency and volume due to my fiber intake but much prefer it to loose stool. It's a personal prefrance. Go see your Primary Physician. I see mine 4x a year, more if I get a sign something might be wrong. Use your head.