Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetov90

Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
  3. Other
Is it acceptable to the furmunity tbat I have yet to get a fur suit, yet I am looking into otber factions of the community, such as getting a collar/tag to start out..?

Also where exactly would I pick a fur suit up from, aside from the internet..?

theres no requirement that a furry have a suit or even art of their character.

Nope, you can't join the club!! :p

(OK, I'm joking. It's like rennecfox said.)

Also, fursuits are usually very customized things. I know at least one person who does commissions for them, but I've not had one made myself yet...

Mew. =^.^=

Yeah, as has been said it's definitely not a requirement. And suits tend to cost in the $1,000~ range depending on where/how you get one.

If you don't mind a non-custom there's furbuy and the dealer's den where you can get secondhand or pre-mades for cheaper than a custom. If you intend to buy custom I can't urge you enough to please google the username and check artists_beware on LJ for their name to make sure they're trustworthy. ;a; The one time I ordered a suit I spent $800 and the maker ran off with all of it, so there's definitely scam artists out there. Be careful.

It's totally acceptable! I myself have never fursuited either but am waiting for my collar and tag. I'm fairly new as well but I have known about the fandom since I was a teen.

It's acceptable. I have suspected that I have been part of the fandom since high school. I have not been to a con, nor have a fursuit, nor even have a collar and tag. I have only just begun coming out of the fur closet and embracing that part of me. Fursuits and partial fursuits are expensive, just as everyone has said. A fursuit isn't everything and having a drawing of your fursona isn't everything. Just embrace who you are inside and sooner or later you will come completely out of the closet and let others of the fandom know about your fursona.

Welcome, by the way! *paw wave*

Factions? I think you've got some misconceptions. The fandom isn't really divided up in any precise way. It's a free hobby. Define yourself by your own terms.

I've also been in the fandom over ten years and a suit is still a very low priority for me. It's not necessary. It's a preference. Though if you want a suit, hang around enough furry communities and you'll learn who different suit makers are. I'd list some, but I can't remember any right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back