Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've been wanting to increase my diaper wearing. A sure way to do that would be to start wearing at night to bed. I'm having trouble falling asleep wearing. I find it hot under the covers and can't get comfortable enough I need to be exhausted to fall asleep. I could uses some advice here.

Here's what I think you should do:
For the first few diapered nights, you should try taking Zzzquil (preferably its generic) 30 minutes before bedtime. It would also be a good idea to use fewer blankets or use none at all if your room is warm enough.

The more you wear, the easier this gets.

I persisted with it and it took a while too wake up wet, it does take a bit of work but it is worth it, hardest bit is sleeping without and making sure you remember
Good luck

I'd disagree with Stormtrooper. If you take something to fall asleep, you end up relying on that thing rather than getting used to the diapers. I think the only way to do it is to just find a good 3-4 day period where you can consistently get to bed on time and even with a little extra time to get some sleep if you're struggling with it. You'll have a couple of rough nights and then get used to it.

Alternately, you can wear to bed for a little while, try to fall asleep, and if more than ~20 minutes passes, just take the diaper off and try again the next night. It takes longer that way, but if you do that for a couple weeks, you'll wind up getting used to it.

Also, if you are too hot or actually uncomfortable (rather than just being conscious of the diaper) then definitely shift things. Move blankets around, try different pajamas, or shift your position.

Usually I just sleep in my underwear or in this case a diaper

KryanAshford said:
Usually I just sleep in my underwear or in this case a diaper

Well, you could try wearing a shirt and having one less blanket than normal (the shirt so your upper body doesn't get cold). Just throwing out options. :)

I'm suddenly thinking a onesie would be a good idea. I Do have lighter blankets, so I'll give that a shot.

Lighter blankets will work, I would refrain from taking any type of sleep aide.
I normally sleep in a diaper and tee shirt, in the winter I wear union suite (one piece pj's) but I've been doing this every night for 3 years now, so I'm use to it

It sounds like the problem is you can't sleep because you're too hot, not because you're wearing a diaper. Go with the lighter blankets, and/or maybe a fan too.

I know when I first started wearing to bed, it took a little time to get used to them. So there might be a time period it takes to get used to them. Also, it's not always gonna be too hot to wear...that just comes with the Summer season depending on where you live.

I think the answer is practice - as in a lot of practice.

If you only wear diapers or underpants in bed I would suggest you do that. If you writhe around then wear plastic pants too to hold them in place, protect the tapes and reduce the chance of leaks. If that still doesn't work you're probably going to have to wear cloth at night.

Not sure you need a onesie at night.

If it is hot I wear a t-shirt and diapers and no covers sometimes - does that help?

It took me some time to get used to wearing a diaper to bed and I did not sleep too well at first. But because I needed the diaper (I am a bedwetter), I stuck with wearing until I got used to it. I still find I feel warmer with the diaper on so I adjust the bed covers for the temperature (I like to sleep "cold" as well). I can fall asleep quickly now and a diaper is part of my night-time clothing. My recommendation is to just stick with the diaper until you get used to it--and be patient with yourself.

I wondered, how hot is it in your room? This is summer and not everyone has air conditioning. If you don't have air conditioning and it's really hot, you may have a problem that you can't solve until you get a window unit to cool your room down.

We have a/c but its usually only set on 75 and my father gets mad if I set it lower.

In summertime I wear a t-shirt or onesie over my cloth diaper and plastic pants. I use a sheet and bedspread, along with a 24" x 36" changing pad that I sleep on. In cool/cold weather I wear a pair of pajama pants and add a blanket over the above. Don't usually have a problem falling asleep.

I sleep in nothing but a diaper summer or winter. I have slept in the nude since i was a teen.

I actually got through the night last night. I used my thin baby blanket

when I started wearing a diaper at night I wet the bed, because I sleep on my side. I wear plastic pants over my diaper, but found that I still wet the bed. I found that the back of my diaper was not in my plastic pants, I switched to a "high back" plastic pant, it seems to have solved the problem. I also wear a nighttime diaper and an insert, it absorbs more urine

It might be worth considering drinking chamomile or other night time tea. as a bonus you get more liquid to get rid of.

I like to wear a union suit, but that means a really good absorbent diaper and doubler. Are there any other union suit or long john wearers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back