Nightime wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Union suit? I do know what long johns are

I'd say keep wearing it and you'll get use to it eventually, it took me awhile to get use to it when i use to wear to bed. Make sure you're warm enough but not too warm.

Interesting thread. I'm dealing with this myself right now. I can get relaxed with a pull up, but not with a full brief. I think it might be the plastic backing on the brief. They tend to get hot. Last night, I had to get up after about an hr of trying to fall asleep in a north shore Supreme. I'm trying to move on from the pull ups because I don't want to get out of bed to pee 5 x a night and I just don't feel safe wetting a pull up more than once while I'm laying in bed.

You will get used to it, just stick with it.

Heck, I can't sleep right without a thick diaper on anymore. Even with my temporary suprapubic catheter in place I don't need much more than a pad. However, I still wear a full diaper day and night just because that's what I'm used to wearing and don't feel "secured" well enough without it on.

Here's my tip: try breathable, cloth backed diapers. They're much more comfortable to wear in bed than the plastic backed ones if you have access to. If not, I would recommend you to try to get used to them in short periods of time while relaxing in bed and removing them for a while if you feel uncomfortable.

The best sleep I've ever gotten while nighttime wearing was in a sample I got of the basic attends breathable overnight brief that had Velcro tapes that could refastened an unlimited number of time. The breathable fabric and refastenable tapes were a super comfortable combo, and was able to sleep in this diaper with no trouble.

I sleep on always discreet underwear classic cut, they are more breathable and they have the look and comfort of feminine underwear.

After doing some daytime wetting exercises and getting the hang of it, I tried to do it at night. The thing was, that my diaper (plastic backed) was too hot to sleep in unless I was able to blast my AC (which in my home I couldn't, but at college.... YES). I only was able to sleep halfway through the night before I got too hot under my one sheet to kick everything off. I didn't have any pacis or plushies to keep me asleep though, so that might help. Also another thing to be careful of when night wetting, unless you are either incontinent or a current bed-wetter, is to always let yourself know if you are wearing a diaper or not as guessing wrong (about whether or not you have a diaper on) during sleep is a common occurrence and you may need to be prepared for wet sheets if you pursue this route.

Even after 2 years after stopping my day wetting exercises (with my diapers) after a severe bout of bedwetting in senior year (that still continues in varying severity today). I still have trouble of letting myself know that I do not have a diaper on and I end up wetting my sheets when I have 'little' related dreams (when I go soggy in my dreams) and adult nightmares which do occur from time to time (2 nights to 4 nights a week now).

It takes a while to get used to at first. My first time I was hot and incredibly uncomfortable but I learned for myself it was best to sleep in just a t shirt and diaper. I also must put a lot of powder in the diaper to keep my self from sweating to death and avoid diaper rash from sweat. You get used to it really fast though especially if you wear through out the day. I've worn since December 2016 and yes the warmer months have been hot but not unbearable.

If the diapers are too hot, I agree that you are best not wearing anything over it. T-shirt and diaper should be enough. Powder is definitely necessary to absorb the sweat. All diapers are not created equal. If the heat is an issue, you can always wear a thinner diaper.

if you're too warm, turn down the thermostat, remove blankets and go with just a sheet, or nothing at all for top cover. Or even go "full commando" and sleep exposed on the bed wearing nothing but your diaper ;) I kinda like doing that from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back