Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics cards

Default Graphics cards

I need a good graphics card, but I don't know where to start. I'm looking for something that can handle games like overwatch and player unknowns battleground. The one I currently have can't handle them at its lowest settings

If you could link affordable graphics cards that you trust or personally use, or good websites to look at, let me have at it!

P.s. I have an average CPU, should I upgrade it along with the graphics card? Is the CPU Part of why I'm having a hard time running these games
    Last edited by OriginalT; 06-Jul-2017 at 06:48. Reason: Grammar error, spelling

Lightbulb

First of all I made no advertising for any brand.

Go to your local PC retailer and ask.
    or
    Ask google "graphics card comparison"
    or
    Go to your local newsstand.
    Look for a PC magazine with graphics card comparison

Buy your favorite graphics card and enjoy your games

I try my best AE English for you

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalT View Post
    I need a good graphics card, but I don't know where to start. I'm looking for something that can handle games like overwatch and player unknowns battleground. The one I currently have can't handle them at its lowest settings

If you could link affordable graphics cards that you trust or personally use, or good websites to look at, let me have at it!

P.s. I have an average CPU, should I upgrade it along with the graphics card? Is the CPU Part of why I'm having a hard time running these games
    What CPU and graphics card do you currently have? How much RAM do you have?

The system requirements for Overwatch and Player Unknowns Battleground are here:
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...m-Requirements
    http://battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/System_Requirements

An average CPU is probably okay; I'm guessing a decent graphics card is what you need.

Currently the graphics card market is destroyed due to the crypto currency mining craze. Unfortunately it is about the worst time to try to get a new or even used gpu. At the moment most cards are out of stock or their prices are insanely inflated to make up for the stock shortages. Normally I would recommend an RX 580 but there is no where to get a fairly priced one and the few you can find are upwards of $500 to $600, which is more than double the msrp. The best you can do at the moment is a GTX 1050 ti, but that card might struggle with Player Unknowns Battleground as it's not a well optimized game yet, you should be able to hit 60fps 1080p if you drop to medium settings. You also really need a hyper threaded dual core or preferably a true quad core cpu and 8gb of ram ideally for most modern games to run smoothly.

Anuric

Not sure what yoshi is talking about. Just did a quick check of www.newegg.com on their mobile site they have 76 pages of graphics cards in stock. From super expensive 1080's to much much cheaper older gen cards. Shop around and ask lots of questions. I'm guessing you have little to zero computer experience or you would have given us more info than you did for us to go on.

Desktop or laptop?
    How many PCIe slots do you have?
    Do you have dedicated power connectors off your power supply?
    Budget?
    Is card manufacturer important? (I like Nvidia Geforce over AMD Raedon)

That is a just a few of the questions that need answered.

Like others have said, need more information on your CPU, Power Supply, Motherboard, PCIe slots and RAM. I always shoot for a mid to upper range Nvidia Geforce with a new build. Not the latest greatest, but will play the latest games without a hitch. How much are you willing to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Like others have said, need more information on your CPU, Power Supply, Motherboard, PCIe slots and RAM. I always shoot for a mid to upper range Nvidia Geforce with a new build. Not the latest greatest, but will play the latest games without a hitch. How much are you willing to spend?
    Seconded to the NVIDIA. My desktop runs games like Overwatch and Rocket League no problem. Even League of Legends ran on high settings with very little problems. But like others have said, take care with combining your graphics with your processor and such. Don't wanna overload!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I recommend people to build their own computer, but I can never convince them enough how easy it is to build them. With PCpartpicker, it takes away a lot of the questions you may have as far as compatibility goes. With all the guides on YouTube, it makes things very easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anuric

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I recommend people to build their own computer, but I can never convince them enough how easy it is to build them. With PCpartpicker, it takes away a lot of the questions you may have as far as compatibility goes. With all the guides on YouTube, it makes things very easy.

I built a PC way back in 2005. Used all MSI components in it. That box was the most stabile PC I have ever owned, before and since. I learned a lot doing it. My biggest issue doing the same thing now is I don't have the disposable income to throw $1200 in parts in a new case. I barely scratch together an extra $50 now and again to buy diapers... let alone computer parts. Ugh....

I hear ya, the dog eat dog world we live in isn't very forgiving.