Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice for an upcoming Camping Trip

Question Need advice for an upcoming Camping Trip

Well my family and I are going to go camping in three weeks in Spain with a couple of friends for a week. We'll sleep in a rented caravan, which means that I'll have to sleep in a twin bed with my older sister (she's 22). She doesn't know about my occasional Bedwetting and I'm a bit paranoid that she's going to find out. I thought about using these Drynites bed mats and asked my best friend (who knows about my problem) if he would use the bed mats or Drynites. He said he would use the Drynites and I think it would be more discreet but I dunno where and how I could hide them... I already know where I can change so that shoudn't be a Problem.

Should I take a whole pack with me or buy them there ? What should I do if they don't have any? Should I wear underwear over them to hide the crinkle? And what do I do about the added bulk if I'm going to wear underwear over them?

I know these are a lot of questions and I apologize for that but my mind's all over the place at the moment...

why be ashamed of the bed wetting? Just use what you need to and enjoy the vacation.

much better her to find out about your bedwetting by seeing your diaper than by soaking the bed...

I think she'd be happier to see you thought ahead then created more laundry by soaking the sheets.

Just let her know quietly asside.

I definitely side with telling your sister, buying the Drynights and wearing them, all for the same reasons given. No one should be ashamed over a medical condition. It is what it is.

Seconded on using the diapers you need, as well as just telling you sister in advance.

Seriously, if you think she might not like using the same bed as her diapered brother, think how mad she'll be if you don't use them and she wakes up in a pee soaked bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Seconded on using the diapers you need, as well as just telling you sister in advance.

Seriously, if you think she might not like using the same bed as her diapered brother, think how mad she'll be if you don't use them and she wakes up in a pee soaked bed.
    I know but I'm too ashamed to tell her...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by INCONTAL View Post
    why be ashamed of the bed wetting? Just use what you need to and enjoy the vacation.
    Yeah...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Generally speaking I think siblings are less likely to freak out than parents will (I don't know for a fact), but i guess it depends on how close you are to them. You said your sister is 22, so generally speaking mature enough not to make a big thing about it.

There's nothing to be ashamed of about it, bedwetting happens to a lot people, from a range of ages (it's the reasons DryNites exist).

I'm with the others, that telling your sister and wearing the DryNites is better than not. At the end of the day it's up to you, but your probably sleep easier and enjoy the trip if your not worrying about it.

I'm on the fence about telling her about it, but I would definitely wear the DryNites and not have any worries about wetting the bed. As it was said above, her finding out about the diapers is far better than her finding out by the bed being wet.