Status
Not open for further replies.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Did anyone catch the fallout from NPR's tweets on the 4th of July?

They put out a bunch of quotes from our constitution to celebrate and remember why we became a nation in the first place.

Well, it turned out a bunch of Trump supporters automatically took those tweets as a direct attack against Trump, and angrily tweeted back to denounce NPR and defend Trump. (Note; most have already been deleted from Twitter)

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. It really goes a long way too, in showing how much Trump's views and actions "differ" from those of our founding fathers. That he could be so easily mistaken for a tyrannical king we broke away from so long ago.

Nancie Pelosi Radio spends a lot of time bashing trump.
I have had to turn it off as bad as The clinton news network.
We gave obama chance .
But Mr trump has never gotten the same respect.
He is trying to help the working man .
He won the popular vote when you remove the dead and illegal immigrants that voted for Mrs.Clinton.
We that voted have to change we are the silent mojority we have had enough thats how obama got in.
We wanted change real change not what we have had for the last few years since Kennedy and presidents before that.
They did care for the working man not sence kennedy have we had that.He was killed for it.
Both sides are corrupted by the under the table money that corporations give our elected officials.
Those that support bashing Trump are loosing there jobs we will not support with our dollar's the ones that do.
Mr trump is my president

Last edited:
foxkits said:
Nancie Pelosi Radio spends a lot of time bashing trump.
I have had to turn it off as bad as The clinton news network.
We gave obama chance .
But Mr trump has never gotten the same respect.
He is trying to help the working man .
He won the popular vote when you remove the dead and illegal immigrants that voted for Mrs.Clinton.
We that voted have to change we are the silent mojority we have had enough thats how obama got in.
We wanted change real change not what we have had for the last few years since Kennedy and presidents before that.
They did care for the working man not sence kennedy have we had that.He was killed for it.
Both sides are corrupted by the under the table money that corporations give our elected officials.
Those that support bashing Trump are loosing there jobs we will not support with our dollar's the ones that do.
Mr trump is my president

I'm honestly not sure if youre trolling or just just plain brainwashed here.

You mean a chance like Trump gave to Obama with his whole birther debacle? Or how about our many election commities telling everyone there was and still isn't any major illegal voting going on. Or how about the fact Trump actually lost that majority by almost three million votes.....

But lets not forget the whole point of this thread here. NPR DID NOT BASH TRUMP HERE. It's his own supporters who looked at our declaration of independence and came to THEIR OWN conclusion it was an attack at Trump.

NPR is mostly slanted anti Trump .
Both sides are looking for he said she said stuff.
I don't remember protests at Obama inauguration by bussed in paid protesters.

There is a double standard at work here.
Even the tweets stuff on both sides .
I understand why Trump tweet's the press is anti Trump mostly.
Since when do you have a severed head upheld by someone that never happened with Obama.
So I can see why everybody is pissed .

As with both sides some are overly sensitive in this matter all I want is fairness on both sides in news reporting.
Trump never got his 100 days of not being slammed he's been slammed since he was elected because the liberal press wanted Hillary in there so bad.
And they thought that Hillary had one.

foxkits said:
NPR is mostly slanted anti Trump .
Both sides are looking for he said she said stuff.
I don't remember protests at Obama inauguration by bussed in paid protesters.

There is a double standard at work here.
Even the tweets stuff on both sides .
I understand why Trump tweet's the press is anti Trump mostly.
Since when do you have a severed head upheld by someone that never happened with Obama.
So I can see why everybody is pissed .

As with both sides some are overly sensitive in this matter all I want is fairness on both sides in news reporting.
Trump never got his 100 days of not being slammed he's been slammed since he was elected because the liberal press wanted Hillary in there so bad.
And they thought that Hillary had one.

And yet again this thread has absolutely nothing to do about he said she said crap, or any kind of double standard. This is all about the standard of the Trump supporters themselves.

Slomo you are correct the NPR twitter storm is such a sad commentary on the state of politics in our country. Foxkits claims that Trump is going to help the little guy. Taking health insurance from millions of people and giving the savings in the form of tax cuts to the wealthy hardly fits that definition. When polled many people said they hated Obama care but liked the ACA. Now that millions of people have health care they are opposed to having their insurance taken away. Many or possibly a majority of the people who could loose coverage supported Trump. If they loose their insurance they may not even know how or why it happened. Unfortunately many people are uninformed and easily manipulated. In a recent poll 40% of the people said they didn't know enough about the health care debate to have an opinion. Claims like foxkits seem to fall into that category hopelessly uninformed. The Consumer Protection Bureau was created after the last financial crisis to prevent dishonest and unscrupulous financial entities from exploiting people. So far they have returned millions of dollars to average people who were the victims of expoitation. The Congress wants to either eliminate or drastically curtail this new bureau hardly in the little guy's interest. Nixon, a conservative, supported the creation of the EPA. Scott Pruitt wants to slash regulations and drastically reduce the size of the EPA. We all benefit from clean water, air and the environment. Pruitt unilaterally disregarded the scientific findings of his agency. Agency scientists recommended that an insecticide should be banned. Their research found that the insecticide posed a grave risk of harm to farm workers and children. On the other hand Koch Industries bottom line would greatly benefit from less regulation and guess who is behind this attempt to emasculate the EPA. Betsy DeVoss has no interest in public schools her mission is to increase funding for private and charter schools. The result will be to undermine the fragile financial state of our public schools. The entire agenda that Trump supports is anti worker and anti the common man.

ginger22 said:
We all benefit from clean water, air and the environment.

Actually that is only partially true. We all need clean water, clean air and a clean environment. If you don't, will you kindly jettison your alien ass back into space and leave us earthlings alone. Thanks.

No matter the view, Trump and his lackeys are continuing to do us a disservice as President. And this has gone far enough!

Since Ian bumped this back up to recent posts, can I express some frustration here? Both sides of this debate, every time, jump immediately into platitudes. I don't care who's biased for whom, or who gave whom a chance. This was "NPR wrote something, and some people didn't like it, and now everyone reading is being invited to have a view." Well, there's already 9 posts in the thread over a few days, and I didn't read Twitter on the 4th, so I can somebody tell me what anyone involved in this actually wrote?

ArchieRoni said:
Since Ian bumped this back up to recent posts, can I express some frustration here? Both sides of this debate, every time, jump immediately into platitudes. I don't care who's biased for whom, or who gave whom a chance. This was "NPR wrote something, and some people didn't like it, and now everyone reading is being invited to have a view." Well, there's already 9 posts in the thread over a few days, and I didn't read Twitter on the 4th, so I can somebody tell me what anyone involved in this actually wrote?

Here, this should give you a small glimpse of what happened. And it wasn't people not liking what NPR "wrote", it's the conclusions they came to after reading part of our declaration of independence.

Remember, most of the tweets were deleted quickly after people realized they had automatically jumped to the misconclusions (and one full account was deleted too), so what you're able to see now isn't even the worst of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ganda-it-was-the-declaration-of-independence/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back