Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple sued over touchscreen patent infringement

Default Apple sued over touchscreen patent infringement

Another week, another patent lawsuit against Apple. Touchscreen
    technology is the target this time, and the suing party is Taiwan chip designer Elan Microelectronics.

According to a report from Reuters, Elan is suing Apple for allegedly infringing on two of its touchscreen technology patents by incorporating them into the MacBook, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The technology in question allows Apple's products to detect the position of a finger on a touchscreen or touchpad.

Elan claimed in a statement that they had won a similar lawsuit against Synaptics, Inc, so I guess they're feeling good about their chances in this one.

The lawsuit seeks to stop the sales of Apple products that are infringing on the patents. Most likely there will be some monetary compensation too, but Elan did not provide any specific numbers. Apple, on the other hand, has remained mum about the issue.

Apple sued over touchscreen patent infringement - Apple iPhone Games - News, Reviews, Downloads and more.

This is funny how people will sue to get the most money out of anybody

The guy waits until NOW to sue apple? Haven't the Iphone, Ipod, and macbook been out for a while?

yes the iphone and the ipod have been out for my guess would be about ten years now (well not the iphone but the ipod)

Quote Originally Posted by babyalexc View Post
    yes the iphone and the ipod have been out for my guess would be about ten years now (well not the iphone but the ipod)
    The Ipod came out around 5 years ago ... I Was in Fith grade at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by babyalexc View Post
    The Ipod did not have a touch screen until the iphone and the Ipod touch and the Ipod hasn't be around anywhere close to ten years. Even the PS2 isn't that old yet.

Well I suppse you've got do our reasearching before you sue on of the world's largest corporations.

Hey, HEY! Is that an LCD monitor?? THAT WAS MY IDEA! You're ALL being sued, you hear me! You can't use LCDs that aren't made by me!! The hell are you thinking?!?!

The Ipod came out around 5 years ago ... I Was in Fith grade at the time.

The iPod came out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPod, 8 years ago thank you.

Companies get sued for some of the silliest things :P

Thank you for clarifying that for us MM3.

but it is sad that some people might even wait so long so they can get a person for more money than they would have gotten in the first place because they are more successful with that product