Beach....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassIncon

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
I love to go to the beach in the summer, but haven't since I started to need diapers. I'm going tomorrow.

It seemed really problematic for me to wear a diaper at the beach but I've found a solution that I'm going to try. Since I'm only urinary incontinent, I figure I don't really need to wear all day there. I ordered a "clamp" which I wouldn't think is a good "all the time" solution as diapers seem best. Long term clamp wearing seems like it could cause circulation to be cut off, and that's one area where I'd like to not cut off circulation for too long.

I figure I'll just wear the clamp and then discreetly take it off in the water, and pop it back on when coming out of the water. Obviously going into the water while wearing a diaper would be an issue as would trying to change at a beach with no public restrooms. Also since i don't wear a shirt at the beach I don't have to worry about the diaper showing above my waistband of my swim shorts.

I'll let you know how it does.

What do you all do at the beach or pool?

Marka said:
I stay out of public pools, etc...

Also, I'm not sure how it would work without a bag yet, a condom-catheter, may be a better bet... clamp the tube not, your appendage... You could probably use a short coil of the tubing that attaches to said, external cath...

also, don't open such an arrangement in the water... you risk trapping contaminants within the sheath and, places, you don't want...

it's a clamp designed for the penis, nothing to do with bags and caths.

I don't think that would work. Clamping the tubing would cause pressure and most likely cause the condom part to slip off.

Penis clamps are padded and soft. I don't think they'd be good for 24/7 and long term use, but I'm thinking this will work great for a day at the beach. Was just wondering if other men had tried them, and in general what the broader membership does at the beach.

You will probably be disappointed the "geezer squeezer" are usually uncomfortable and cumbersome to manipulate , let alone in the water ,as a general rule wearing a swim diaper under a bathing suit is much easier especially if you enjoy the beach ,many times people find the clamps good for causing abrasions and discomfort of the penis as from what I have been told the foam padding degrades rapidly when wet and does not adhere to the device well , at least that's what my Urologist told me , I was going to do aqua therapy a few years ago and my Uro prescribed condom caths and drain bags ,never did the therspy because a therapy pool with a lift was 4 hours away round trip and the physical therapist expected me to bring an aide to work me in the water well he laid on chair poolside ( getting paid to have someone else do your work , who is not licensed or insured to do it , my Doctor was livid at that scam ) so those caths are sitting around here somewhere , i used to be part fish loved the water but havent even showerd in 10 years .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

This Past Saturday afternoon I went to Hampton Beach, Hampton, New Hampshire, and yes, I went into the water.
Yes, My diaper swelled-up with seawater.
But, I was happy that I, leg braces CP/Autism boy "took a swim" in the ocean.

Sorry to high jack the thread for a second, but caitianx, did you get Trippoli's or Sal's pizza after?

And as for the condom cath, it doesn't fully glue it to you Marka. It doesn't take much to chaff and cause discomfort as it gets pulled off if you clamp it off and are active. Then you also have the adhesive residue left behind that needs to be cleaned off before it causes more discomfort.

I've tried a penis clamp before just so o could give a urne sample. I was successfull, but even after the first 30 minutes I was in a lot of pain, and had turned a dark purple.

I wonder how it went for the OP, but for me I'll never use a clamp again.

Yeah no clamping for me either , I have to worry about back pressure in the system ,I've had renal failure from back filling twice , I've had rhabdo and have hypertension and diabetes, so i tend to be really over protective. For a UA I have some sitting in there I just use a cath

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

used the clamp. Worked great. No issues whatsoever other than the fact that it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

MassIncon said:
used the clamp. Worked great. No issues whatsoever other than the fact that it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

How the heck did you get away with using one? And how long did you use it for?

Like I mentioned before, my tip had turned purple and was extremely painful in just a half hour (and that was the loosest I could clamp it without leaking pee)

Slomo said:
How the heck did you get away with using one? And how long did you use it for?

Like I mentioned before, my tip had turned purple and was extremely painful in just a half hour (and that was the loosest I could clamp it without leaking pee)

ha I don't know man....The one I got wasn't too bad, had a lot of padding in it. Not comfortable at all but not a torture device either.

I had it on and off. I'd discreetly pop it off in the water and let things take care of themselves and then clip it back on before getting out. So it was essentially one and off over the course of a 6 hour beach day.

Definitely not something I could use on a daily basis, but really worked great at the beach.

The one I used is this
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/wies...MImrC24dry1AIVwQJpCh35BgJEEAQYASABEgKl1PD_BwE

I use a combination of Swimmates and the SoSecure Swim Diaper. I'm both bladder and bowel incontinent, so the former is primarily a liner if the unfortunate happens and I need a change, and the latter is very good for containment, I've never been called out at the beach or in the pool.

I have a pair os suprema swimtrunks, I use a babydiaper as soaker in it. When coming out of the water the babydiaper is off course soaked. Then I just go change, no one can tell

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

Padded53 said:
I'd suggest using Guard Pads in your swim trunks. You can put them into the inner liner and if you don't flood too much they will hold up for one big or two moderate wettings. Then before you head into the water it's fairly quick, easy, and discreet, to just reach into your trunks and pull out the wet pad. You'll need to have a beach bag with plastic bags nearby to stash the wet pad in but with a little foresight you should be able to pull off the pad removal without anyone noticing since it takes only about 5 seconds. At worst you can kind of drape a towel over your middle and do the pad removal. Then hit the surf and do what ever. When you get out of the water you can just slip another pad into place. It's worked for me many times and nobody was ever the wiser.

Thanks that's a brilliant idea, I do try to time it and limit my liquid intake so that my loss is down to light dribble just now and then.
Will try guard pads

All sorts of practitioners are against penile clamps of any sort because of complications if they are left on etc. Swim diapers are designed not to balloon up in pools or the sea. But don't get the idea non-incontinent people never pee in the water!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back