Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapelmeister

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Some of you know that I've started to wet my bed again after about 15 years of being dry for the most part. I've been wetting about 2-3 times a week and have used Depends Real Fit Pull Ups. Obviously I've had some leaks, some significant. Anyway, we are going out of town for a few days and will be staying in a hotel. Obviously I can't trust any Depend product on someone else's mattress.

It's been so long since I've needed an actual diaper that there are so many confusing choices. This is what I'm looking for in a diaper:

1. A diaper I can trust overnight. Very absorbant
  2. Because I also like diapers I want one that is thick
  3. Would like one that that swells when wet
  4. I really like to feel wetness, perhaps "squishiness"
  5. Side sleeper so probably hourglass shaped padding
  6. Something that wicks so all the diaper is used
  7. Not sure how my wife would feel about baby prints so a white diaper. Unless a print has everything else I'm looking for.

I was thinking about Northsore Supremes or Conficare 24/7 but I'm open to suggestions.

One last thing, do you think I should also get plastic pants just in case?

Thanks for your help.

The confidry 24/7 seem to be highly regarded here for a solid performing diaper that doesn't break the bank. I happen to be a big fan of the crinklz diapers lately. They swell very nice and get squishy with enough wettings. They have a baby-ish print, but there is an all white alternative. The better-dry diapers are the same thing, minus the print and are slightly cheaper. They hold a very good amount and side sleeping shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The Dry 24/7 is a great diaper works for me at night, however no diaper is 100% effective so when we travel we use a washable or disposable bed pad and request a matress protector when checking in to the hotel

having a few extra bed pads is always a good idea incase you leak

Thanks dlanon and Rob110 for your advice. Haven't decided on a diaper yet but I need to get going so I can get them before the trip. I did get some disposable bed pads in case of leaks. Thanks for that reminder!

I'm now thinking of going to baby-pants.com and was looking at the gerber frosted, or the milky white. Anyone know if these hold up or are practical. There weren't so many options the last time I was looking for these.

If anyone else has suggestions I'm open to other recommendations. I'll probably place the order on Wednesday. I hope I can be as helpful to someone in the future. ADISC is an awesome community.

You've already got it. Confidry or northshore.

Northshore

- - - Updated - - -

Tranquality atn

Molicare is the best at wicking and using the entire diaper front to back. It may also have the widest hourglass shaped pad out there. It does not expand however. It is hard to have both. diapers that expand, have what the Europeans call high suction, and by definition won't feel wet. diapers that expand tend to hold all the fluid where you put it. so when laying on your back , it can feel like you have a bowling ball in your lap. again, the reason I like Molicare. it all spreads out nicely. Good luck with your decision.

First, thanks for all the suggestions. This is what I've decided to do.

I ordered a bag of north shore supremes (cloth backed) and a bag of dry 24/7 and also got 2 pairs of Gary PUL waterproof pants. I'm going to try both diapers before we leave and will use the PUL pants over the diapers just to be sure. The Dry 24/7's are expensive so they might be my travel diaper and Northshore my every day diaper. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks a again!

That's a good plan. Always test your diapers out (thoroughly and over multiple days), before usng them in a capicity where you to trust them.

BetterDry...add northshore boosters if needed.

When I have a long car trip I wear my thick cloth diapers with latex pants and rubber bloomers under my shorts. Work perfect and hold a lot of pee.

Here is the update I promised regarding my trip and the diapers I purchased.

So, I contacted Northshore Care Supply a couple of weeks ago and did the online chat with a customer rep to make sure I was getting exactly what I needed. I gave her all my measurements and she suggested a large confidry 24/7 and a medium Northshore Supreme. I also go 2 extra-large Gary PUL pants.

I was very excited to get my packages. They also sent two medium supreme diapers with the plastic backing and 2 supreme light diapers and a sample of wipes. Very nice of them!

First, I opened both packages when no one was around and was very impressed with how think they were, especially the 24/7s.

Unfortunately, they got sizing wrong. I definitely need a large Supreme. I could barely tape them and gave up completely. I then tried on the 24/7s and although I think they were too big I instantly fell in love with them. I loved how thick they were and sooooo comfy.

I decided to take them for “a spin” and wet them for several hours, standing and sitting and then, because I was going to be wearing them for bed-wetting, I decided to lay down and pee. Guess what? Apparently, the only time I can pee laying down is when I’m asleep! Couldn’t do it on my stomach or side and after a long while of trying to relax was finally able to give it a good wetting laying on my back. No leaks whatsoever.

Part of my testing at home included wetting them before I actually went to bed. Then of course got them wet at least one or two times while asleep and then wetting them again in the morning. I kept them on continuing to wet them until I had to get ready for work. Again, no leaks.

On one of the days before I left I had forgotten my morning medications two of which causes increased urination and took them in the late afternoon instead. I wet this confidry many times that night and with the Gary pants the sheets were dry as a bone. Now I know the diaper leaked a bit but because of the Gary pants no problem. As a side note I kind of liked the way the Gary pants had a little yellow pee stain after catching the leak. I guess I’m a little bit into the shame thing.

I had a little trouble with the tapes on the first two diapers but I think that was my fault and not the diapers. I did buy some white duct tape to strengthen them a bit because I roll around a lot and didn’t want to take any chances while away. Plus I just like the look of all white diapers and tapes.

The trip went awesome and we had a great time and I didn’t have to worry about the sheets or mattress at the hotel.

So as far I’m concerned the Dry 24/7 is a great diaper for bed-wetters. I highly recommend them.

Since I’m also DL I have to say I just love how thick they are and how they crinkle when I walk. They just cry out loud and clear that this big boy still needs his diapers. The other thing I really like about them is how they feel wet, or shall I say soaked. OMG they swell up so much and just feel so comfortable. I really could wear them all day – no kidding. If I didn’t have to wear big boy pants to work (and if my wife would let me) I’d wear these things all day every day. One other plus to these diapers is how they sag when wet. To me, that wet feeling between my thighs as I move around is just one more reminder of what a naughty little guy I really am. But seriously, it feels so nice. It’s like wearing pure comfort, pure relaxation. They're like wearable anti-anxiety meds. They're like wearing a vacation. I think I’ll call them my Vacation Pants.

Anyway, I went back to the Northshore website and again used the chat option to talk to a rep and told them what had happened with the sizing. They sent me a free sample of the Supreme Large and the medium Dry 24/7s. Got them today and will let you know what I think.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

ConfiDry 24/7s leak like a sieve for me. Just a fit issue I guess. Always been disappointed by my lack of luck with them. I've found BetterDry to be my "holy grail" of diapers but it sucks because they're not all that easy to acquire.

Where do you get the BetterDry? I'm always open to something new.

While I do like dry 24/7, Abu simples are so much more softer, order a sample pack, right off the bat after reading your message your most likely a size large. Simples are a plan white diaper, but again so much softer than dry 24/7 and northshore, actually northshore would feel like a 2x4 between your legs after you try these

Kapelmeister said:
I gave her all my measurements and she suggested a large confidry 24/7 and a medium Northshore Supreme.

As soon as I read this I knew she had gotten them backwards. I tried samples of both in medium a few months ago and the 24/7 fit perfect while the Supreme was too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back