Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed wetting diaper for travel

Default Bed wetting diaper for travel

Some of you know that I've started to wet my bed again after about 15 years of being dry for the most part. I've been wetting about 2-3 times a week and have used Depends Real Fit Pull Ups. Obviously I've had some leaks, some significant. Anyway, we are going out of town for a few days and will be staying in a hotel. Obviously I can't trust any Depend product on someone else's mattress.

It's been so long since I've needed an actual diaper that there are so many confusing choices. This is what I'm looking for in a diaper:

1. A diaper I can trust overnight. Very absorbant
    2. Because I also like diapers I want one that is thick
    3. Would like one that that swells when wet
    4. I really like to feel wetness, perhaps "squishiness"
    5. Side sleeper so probably hourglass shaped padding
    6. Something that wicks so all the diaper is used
    7. Not sure how my wife would feel about baby prints so a white diaper. Unless a print has everything else I'm looking for.

I was thinking about Northsore Supremes or Conficare 24/7 but I'm open to suggestions.

One last thing, do you think I should also get plastic pants just in case?

Thanks for your help.

The confidry 24/7 seem to be highly regarded here for a solid performing diaper that doesn't break the bank. I happen to be a big fan of the crinklz diapers lately. They swell very nice and get squishy with enough wettings. They have a baby-ish print, but there is an all white alternative. The better-dry diapers are the same thing, minus the print and are slightly cheaper. They hold a very good amount and side sleeping shouldn't be too much of an issue.

The Dry 24/7 is a great diaper works for me at night, however no diaper is 100% effective so when we travel we use a washable or disposable bed pad and request a matress protector when checking in to the hotel

having a few extra bed pads is always a good idea incase you leak

Thanks dlanon and Rob110 for your advice. Haven't decided on a diaper yet but I need to get going so I can get them before the trip. I did get some disposable bed pads in case of leaks. Thanks for that reminder!

I'm now thinking of going to baby-pants.com and was looking at the gerber frosted, or the milky white. Anyone know if these hold up or are practical. There weren't so many options the last time I was looking for these.

If anyone else has suggestions I'm open to other recommendations. I'll probably place the order on Wednesday. I hope I can be as helpful to someone in the future. ADISC is an awesome community.

Molicare is the best at wicking and using the entire diaper front to back. It may also have the widest hourglass shaped pad out there. It does not expand however. It is hard to have both. diapers that expand, have what the Europeans call high suction, and by definition won't feel wet. diapers that expand tend to hold all the fluid where you put it. so when laying on your back , it can feel like you have a bowling ball in your lap. again, the reason I like Molicare. it all spreads out nicely. Good luck with your decision.

First, thanks for all the suggestions. This is what I've decided to do.

I ordered a bag of north shore supremes (cloth backed) and a bag of dry 24/7 and also got 2 pairs of Gary PUL waterproof pants. I'm going to try both diapers before we leave and will use the PUL pants over the diapers just to be sure. The Dry 24/7's are expensive so they might be my travel diaper and Northshore my every day diaper. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks a again!

That's a good plan. Always test your diapers out (thoroughly and over multiple days), before usng them in a capicity where you to trust them.