Anyone having better luck with the new ABU Tapelock? I'm Not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Sorry Abuniverse, but the new Tape Lock system might have just been a tiny bit better, and I mean tiny.

Last edited:
I like the Bambino Magnifico and Ultrastretch system better.

So far I have only used the new tapelock on the Kiddo 2.0s and found it terrific, mind you I don't know if we ever had any problem items delivered here to Australia.

Which ones are you having trouble with and have to emailed ABU?

Everyone I have seen post about them has had nothing but good things to say. I was bummed my newest order of Space diapers didn't have them as their old inventory isn't sold through yet. What problems are you having with the tapes? I personally have never had problems with any ABU tapes, they seem to never have problems sticking and staying stuck for me personally.

Well IMO, the tabs don't stick much better than the previous tabs.

Hmm, I had issues with the tapes popping off on the medium sdk's, i have since switched from mediums to larges and havent had any issue with tapes popping off. I'm average at a 34" waist but tall (6ft) mediums fit (front tapes land towards the front pannel not the sides) but larges are even better (mediums give me the underware effect) The larges fit me so much better, the tapes are closer together but i get that swaddle effect and the leak gaurds hold tight to me, but i still get that (diaper seat) effect on my butt, The tapes now are not as stressed, they hold perfectly with all my movements. I would investigate going up in size if your having issues with tapes popping.
Basically I though a diaper (based on pics online) that the top most plastic should land 2" below the navel and the top most back sheet should be slightly above your butt, I have since come to the conclusion that a diaper should effortlessly come up to and cover your navel and the back sheet should be level with the front (small of your back)
After re-learning how to diaper myself properly I've come to the conclusion that ABU makes awesome products.

With any diapers and tapes you have to make sure your hands are clean from lotion or powder. If any of that gets on the landing zone or tapes they'll be next to useless. If that isn't the case you might be putting them on to tight or something to that effect.

Are they coming off immediately, shortly after, or after prolonged wear? How many of which type of diaper have you had issues with. If it's a continuous problem isolate which brand and size you're still having issues with and contact abu support so they can work it out.

I got the M SDK, and a L PreSchool. The chart mentioned that only the M SDK had the new tapes.
I did not us any oils, powders, or lotions.
I did contact ABU Cares, but I have to possibly wait for an response on the 5th, because they are closed til then.

I've had the new tapes on Preschools and I had some remaining from the first batch to compare. I haven't had a single failure with the new tapes. I've put them through some pretty active stress-testing with a variety of activities.

I don't like to tell people here, who I mostly know yo be experienced diaper wearers that they're mistaken about the products they try. I'm not going to in this instance. Something must be awry but I sure doesn't match my experience with their greatly improved tapes.

Trevor said:
I've had the new tapes on Preschools and I had some remaining from the first batch to compare. I haven't had a single failure with the new tapes. I've put them through some pretty active stress-testing with a variety of activities.

I don't like to tell people here, who I mostly know yo be experienced diaper wearers that they're mistaken about the products they try. I'm not going to in this instance. Something must be awry but I sure doesn't match my experience with their greatly improved tapes.

Nothing against Abuniverse, or any other company or brand. I just have trouble with sticky tabs. Velcro works better with me. Nobody's feelings should be hurt over this.

Hi 12srepaid, I am sure we all are really keen to find out the resolution to this buddy, please keep us updated.

Lots of people (like me) are very happy modern ABU are producing and improving on their diapers and most of us understand experiences and expectations can be incredibly varied among individuals.

Don't be put off, your experiences are valued here.

If all you are having problems with all diaper tapes i have a few things that come to mind.
1. You are putting them on to tight
2. You are touching to much of the sticky tape when diapering yourself. (Something that wouldn't matter with velcro)
3. Combination of 1 and 2. (In my experience if you grab any more of the tape than the tip you're screwed and you are going to need duck tape)

Or maybe Velcro just works better for me. Is that so bad to say that tape doesn't work for everyone. :(

Anuric said:
If all you are having problems with all diaper tapes i have a few things that come to mind.
1. You are putting them on to tight
2. You are touching to much of the sticky tape when diapering yourself. (Something that wouldn't matter with velcro)
3. Combination of 1 and 2. (In my experience if you grab any more of the tape than the tip you're screwed and you are going to need duck tape)

Yeah this makes the most sense.

12srepaid said:
Or maybe Velcro just works better for me. Is that so bad to say that tape doesn't work for everyone. :(

No it's not so bad, but it certainly cuts down on what would have ABDL prints for. I only know of ABU Preschool cloth backed. Bambino has their hybrid magnifico as well. Beyond that the choices get slim unless you're happy with incontinence diapers.

The new tape lock tapes work amazing. I have put them too tight on a couple. The part right where the rear wing meets the diaper will tear open of mine are too tight and I bend over.

Are you making sure the landing zone is flat when you put it in the harder plastic. If it doesn't make good contact they will pop off still?

Preschool has tape too, not Velcro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish ABU would produce some velcro type diapers like Ultrastrech.

I'd like to know when they're going to have the simples in large back in stock

BuffedBaby said:
I'd like to know when they're going to have the simples in large back in stock

July 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back