How many of you are super well-liked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like if it got out that you are ABDL, people would be shocked. I'm talking life of the party people. Not that most of you aren't cool, but I think we all know a lot of people here aren't super social.

So oddly enough I never considered myself popular in high school, even though everyone knew me they didn't know me.(I know, cliché)... I think now that I graduated I can see that I was a pretty popular and well liked student, and continue to be a well liked and 'popular' person, but I think its more to do with charisma and just how a person feels in a social situation. I took like 5 years of theater, film, speech and debate classes which, thanks to a great teacher, literally removed any amount of shyness I had. After going through that hole public presentation stuff just made me more confident in social situations.

That said, to answer your question, I would hate for it to become public knowledge because people who don't understand or don't care to understand wont accept. But with that, I would rather suffer coming out than being outed honestly. Especially if its blackmail, If someone was blackmailing me for my kink or fetish I'd just admit the truth and rob that person of any power over me. A fetish isn't a crime.

I can manage to "blend in" when necessary, but being the introvert that I am, I am not trying to attract any kind of popular following. As for my interest in diapers, I keep that to myself; I can find no reason why I need to let others know about it.

I don't think people would be too surprised I were an ABDL seeing as I am quite a childlike (not necessarily childish) and colorful adult. And it's no secret that I love stickers, stuffed animals, and other toys. But it's not exactly something I'd be super open about either.

I mean, I do take a stuffed tiger named Theodore to work with me lol. He's actually a stuffie I hollowed out to turn into a bag. Very nifty. Since I travel a lot for work, he keeps me company on long drives. And when I arrive on site, he serves as a decoy for my things. People are less likely to break into a car if they see what looks like a normal stuffed animal vs a handbag. At least that's my point of view. I recently made another stuffie bag for my travel essentials as well. A puppy who is appropriately named "Rover" but I digress.

Was never really popular or anything but I always had a small circle of friends. Have lately been becoming more social. Not exactly my cup of tea as an introvert but I never really had any issues making new friends or anything either.

I think I'm reasonably popular. I'm a well know musician in my area and a church, choir conductor. We have to be somewhat outgoing in order to lead groups of people. I also was the keyboardist for a well know rock band.

I was reasonably popular in high school. I dated a girl who was on the student council and I had close friends on the football team. Sounds like a reference to the TV show, Riverdale.

I was well known in my college, but we only had 400 students.

Are you kidding me. I'm an introvert and tend to take things analytically and straight to the point. I'm about the least popular person around.

Interestingly I kind of doubt it would have much of an impact if it got out or my work found out I was abdl.

Slomo said:
Are you kidding me. I'm an introvert and tend to take things analytically and straight to the point. I'm about the least popular person around.

Interestingly I kind of doubt it would have much of an impact if it got out or my work found out I was abdl.

The first sentence applies to me as well. As for the second, how would your coworkers reconcile "analytical" with "ABDL"?

It's funny. I'm super shy and introverted, so I wouldn't call myself popular as I don't really interact a whole lot with others. But I am well liked when I do interact with others. I apparently have some special talent where I get people who tend to hate everyone else to like me without even trying. As for the question whether they'd be shocked if they found out I'm an ABDL, yeah. They'd be pretty surprised as pretty much all the stuff I like outside the ABDL scene is not childish at all, and you just wouldn't expect people who are into the stuff I'm into to also like diapers. Though I have no idea why any of those people would ever find out I'm an ABDL and hopefully it stays that way.

kinda said:
Like if it got out that you are ABDL, people would be shocked. I'm talking life of the party people.

Um... I'm not sure I see the three things as connected?

Like plenty of folks' friends and acquaintances would be shocked to learn they are ABDL... whether they are popular or life of the party folks.

Plenty of well liked folks are not big loud party goers...

That said, I have lots of friends and know many co-workers and can be pretty chatty and out going at parties for at least an hour before needing downtime to recharge... and yeah. They'd be pretty freaking shocked to learn about my ... er ... proclivities. ^_^;;

Most/all of my friends already know, my folks found out years ago-we dont talk about it.

co-workers dont know, no reason for them too.

my significant other knows.

Still feel pretty out going and well liked for my company

I am an introvert myself, but still (in small groups) I enjoy socializing with like minded and cultured people. I am a well-respected member of society, although I do not always feel like I am treated with respect. I try to stay in the shadows because I am challenged by my paranoia - resultant from my traumatic past. This paranoia includes the prevention and defense methods to being taken advantage of, assaulted, or otherwise backed into a corner by other people. An example of me 'being me' is the post that blew up in my face under the "Religious Propaganda" Topic in the Mature Section. To clarify (and I will also say this in the other topic) I do not usually judge, I make that determination for myself over a period of time sufficient for a choice to be made about where to categorize said person. That post was to be my general understanding, not a cut and dry doctrine of my beliefs. That in no way shape or form will defer me from making friends with atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc. I just need to find the right person and regardless of difference in beliefs, will work with what is there without a pressure to be any different.

Kenn said:
The first sentence applies to me as well. As for the second, how would your coworkers reconcile "analytical" with "ABDL"?

Because I work with a bunch of engineers. We don't take anything at its face value. We ask questions and/or independently research the answers for ourselves.

If I was found out to be abdl, I'm certain I would be given a chance to actually explain what abdl even is- before they come to any conclusions. Being able to logically reason with them to show this is no fetish or pedophile bs would go a long way in my showing this is just another part of who I am.

I don't seem to have any friends in the real world anymore. I had a couple nervous breakdowns back in 2014 and 2015 and haven't seen anybody from my old social circles since. Part of it was a side effect of ditching social media, which was f*cking up my mental state. But I haven't seen any friends in quite some time so I suspect those friendships have just hit an expiration date.

Part of it is my BPD though. My personality can change on a dime and I can be a jerk or volatile without meaning to so since I know that, I've scaled back on my interaction to deal with myself as opposed to being weird around others and straining those relationships.

My only "real" friend right now is my wife. I'm glad I have her but I must admit, I'm getting lonely.

Slomo said:
Because I work with a bunch of engineers. We don't take anything at its face value. We ask questions and/or independently research the answers for ourselves.

If I was found out to be abdl, I'm certain I would be given a chance to actually explain what abdl even is- before they come to any conclusions. Being able to logically reason with them to show this is no fetish or pedophile bs would go a long way in my showing this is just another part of who I am.

I was an engineer who worked with other engineers for 32 years, and I doubt any of them would be analytical about ABDL at all. One of the married male engineers with twins became trans-gender and that did not go over well.

Kenn said:
I was an engineer who worked with other engineers for 32 years, and I doubt any of them would be analytical about ABDL at all. One of the married male engineers with twins became trans-gender and that did not go over well.

That's very interesting. One of my coworkers also has a transgendered kid. He is just glad she is happy, but had all kinds of questions and reasoning before he decided he was cool with it. My sister is also transgendered, and another coworker I told was mostly just intrigued and wanted to find out the "why" of it all.

In other words, analytical. Though I admit, in my 14 years here I haven't attempted to apply that to abdl yet, so I'm mostly just making an educated guess at how they would take it. You know, analytically and not just based on how well liked I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back