best diaper for road trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I realize this topic has probably been beaten to death, but in a few short weeks I'm going on a road trip.

I'm thinking something thiner but absorbant (I've got 5 hours of driving).
The CVS brand ones seem to hold a lot, but I don't like the way they fit in between the legs. They feel flimsy. I haven't had any leaks yet but since I'm not going to have a place to change frequently for 4 or 5 hours I'd need something that's going to hold up.

My first thought was the Rearz seduction ones but those are a bit bulky.
I'm considering something from the ABU line I'm thinking the Super Dry Kids or the little paws or space. But I haven't had the pleasure of trying them.

What is a diaper you all can recommend for this?
The ones I got from Northshore are a tad small for me, they fit but a little more snug around the waist than is comfortable for me, at night they are worth it for sure but daytime not so much as I'm very active and they start to bite the waist line a bit too much for my liking for day use.

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.

Can't go wrong with Confidry 24/7's. The only downside to them is being a bit bulky which you don't have to worry about on a car ride.

Comfidry hmm I'll look into those. Who's got them? Being that I'm going to be stuck in a car the bulk may not matter much, but I will be stopping roughly 4 hours in at the grocery store so that may cause a smallish issue with the bulkiness of the diaper, however at this point I'll give anything a shot.

scbaby said:
Comfidry hmm I'll look into those. Who's got them? Being that I'm going to be stuck in a car the bulk may not matter much, but I will be stopping roughly 4 hours in at the grocery store so that may cause a smallish issue with the bulkiness of the diaper, however at this point I'll give anything a shot.

I like the ConfiDry 24/7 but agree they're a bit bulky. I'm always amazed at how varied people's tastes are. There's a thread here that asks people's thoughts on the most reliable diaper. The responses are all over the board, reflecting a wide range of tastes, fit, and random criteria. The great news is that there are now more choices than ever before. The bad news is . . . well, I don't think there is any.

All of this to say that while there are a few diapers I like, the one I find to have the best mixture of capacity, discretion, wicking, and price, is the Northshore Supremes--both kinds. Love 'em. The plastic ones are nearly silent under clothes and the AirSupremes are completely silent. At at right around $1.25 per, I think they're the best deal in premium diapers.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back