Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting

Default Fighting

A motion has been made to fire me from my position, over the strenuous objections of my immediate supervisor, evidently in retaliation for the EEO case I filed last year regarding harassment. I've never entirely understood why people have such an affinity for fighting, but they just do. It's how most people choose to spend their time. I don't get it. But I am getting tired of putting my own gloves on to assuage their interest.

Office environments are the worst for inset bickering. I work in a small 12 person office and even it has it's moments. My wife however could tell stories, and more than once has been on the receiving end or retaliation for her just trying to do her job to the best of her ability but it made a supervisor look bad. Lots of ego in a very small space.

I'm sorry to hear what you've been going through. I would strongly advise that you contact a lawyer or paralegal who specializes in employment law as soon as possible.

I am very allergic to politics. o.o; My immediate supervisor is screaming that he needs me, and I'm leveraging that. We have a union also and they are now involved. I just don't understand why people enjoy fighting so much. If they want me to beat them into a bloody pulp, I suppose I will have to. o.O

I expect it will turn out alright. Given the previous complaint, they would have to have airtight, documented proof of misbehavior and incompetence on your part to fire you, otherwise, they're all but admitting to illegal harassment.

Sorry to hear about your problem at work. If you already filed a complaint last year I think that there could be a pattern of intimidation there. From what I've read the words that matter most are "hostile working environment." I'm not a lawyer, haven't been one on TV, but I have watched lawyer shows which means I know nothing at all. My completely unprofessional opinion would be to call a real lawyer specializing in employment issues. Good luck!

So sorry Sapphyre. The one place we should be allowed to simply crack on with what we have to in life is the workplace. I can only endorse the advice you have received so far. I was wondering where you had got to as you had not been on here for a while. It makes sense now, you have been dealing with very unfair situation currently.

For what it is worth, I will double my efforts to look out for your posts. Even if to just give a virtual hug. I have no idea why people have so much hate inside themselves. All we can do is brave the storm, stay true to ourselves and do the right thing. Do not sink to their level of mindless bickering. Speak with HR, get professional advice and make sure you keep you head heathy. Much love.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I expect it will turn out alright. Given the previous complaint, they would have to have airtight, documented proof of misbehavior and incompetence on your part to fire you, otherwise, they're all but admitting to illegal harassment.
    I hope you're right. I wish I had your faith in the rule of law. I live in the U.S., where even kidnapping and murder are not strictly illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFaith View Post
    So sorry Sapphyre. The one place we should be allowed to simply crack on with what we have to in life is the workplace. I can only endorse the advice you have received so far. I was wondering where you had got to as you had not been on here for a while. It makes sense now, you have been dealing with very unfair situation currently.

For what it is worth, I will double my efforts to look out for your posts. Even if to just give a virtual hug. I have no idea why people have so much hate inside themselves. All we can do is brave the storm, stay true to ourselves and do the right thing. Do not sink to their level of mindless bickering. Speak with HR, get professional advice and make sure you keep you head heathy. Much love.
    Thanks, hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    We have a union also and they are now involved. I just don't understand why people enjoy fighting so much. If they want me to beat them into a bloody pulp, I suppose I will have to. o.O
    This is exactly what I was going to suggest/ask. I hate union, but became a shop steward, for this very reason. They are a necessary evil and this is what they do best. Even if the outcome is not in your favor it puts a fire under there butts to prove the case and not just retaliate.

Its going to be a hard road, but just keep doing your job as best you can.

Egor

P.S. Do not let them get to you. Right now you do not even breath right to suit them, and they will do everything to break you down and get you to quit.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to suggest/ask. I hate union, but became a shop steward, for this very reason. They are a necessary evil and this is what they do best. Even if the outcome is not in your favor it puts a fire under there butts to prove the case and not just retaliate.

Its going to be a hard road, but just keep doing your job as best you can.

Egor

P.S. Do not let them get to you. Right now you do not even breath right to suit them, and they will do everything to break you down and get you to quit.
    I suppose I could kidnap or murder my management. It's not as if there exists a law against that sort of thing. I'm from the U.S., so it's legal. I suppose I am just too principled to sink to their level.