Sizing vs padding question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello, I just wondered if anyone had any help on this.

I've recently been losing some weight to see if it helps with my IC issue and where I currently wear L or XL diapers depending on the make, the tapes will be meeting in the middle before long. So when my current supply is worked through, I probably need to look at getting the next size down.

Does anyone know if it's just the wings that will get smaller with a smaller sized diaper, or does absorbency and padding drop too? Or would it be negligible?

Thanks for your thoughts ☺️

thenexus said:
Hello, I just wondered if anyone had any help on this.

I've recently been losing some weight to see if it helps with my IC issue and where I currently wear L or XL diapers depending on the make, the tapes will be meeting in the middle before long. So when my current supply is worked through, I probably need to look at getting the next size down.

Does anyone know if it's just the wings that will get smaller with a smaller sized diaper, or does absorbency and padding drop too? Or would it be negligible?

Thanks for your thoughts ☺️
thats not consistent across the board for products, cheaper product *cough* depends *cough* use a uniform size soaker pad, alot of others though have a range based on a certain amount of distance from the waistline of the brief.

Premium diapers tend to be a little more proportional in padding vs diaper size, not much but I do see a larger difference going from mediums to larges, the larges are a bit longer with longer padding which means more protection, not necessarily more useful absorbency. But cheers to you loosing weight, whether it helps the IC problem or not your doing your body better by putting less stress on it, lowering your BP and you will find that it will become easier to move around and have more energy at the end of the day.
I my self have been trimming down lately, I've always been a 34" waist (at least my whole 20's) Suddenly at 32 yrs of age I jumped uo to a 36" and went from 180lbs to a sneaky 195lbs, I've since took control and have dropped down an inch in waist, lost the front belly and trimmed some love handles and weight 188lbs, I'm watching what I eat, exercising, and most importantly drinking a minimum 100oz of water daily. The water I think is making the biggest difference because that causing me to not be as hungry, plus my body in general feels much better.

I'd say when the top tapes have gotten down to about 4" apart you need to look at the next size down.

Most of what I wear that fits well has about 6-9" of distance between the tapes. (7-8" being the most common)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back