Status
Not open for further replies.

alltimefun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I'm sometimes a side sleeper and have occasional leaks because of this problem. But I don't want to make the change to cloth diapers I like the convenience of disposable nappies, any ideas how to stop leaks when I roll over onto my sides?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

what brand of diapers are you using and are you male or female, biologically? (I don't want to assume!) I'm female and have had luck using confidry or northshore surpreme and using short leggings or bike shorts to keep them in place. I'm mostly a stomach sleeper but sometimes a side sleeper too.

I'm a male biologically, sometimes wishing I wasn't, but I wear mainly ab print nappies but atm I'm wearing tena Maxi

Are you doing the length ways fold before putting your nappy on? For me that took lots of what I thought were poor performers to quite adequate and I am a side sleeping bed wetter.

Using a baby nappy struck through the backing as a stuffer can help if the above doesn't or even find some doubler pads.

Argent said:
Are you doing the length ways fold before putting your nappy on?

I'm not sure what you mean by length way fold

its when you first open the diaper, after you have the diaper open you fould it in half length wise to create a v (do not fold it to the point of breaking up the pading) this creates a path for the pee to flow better so more of the diaper can absorb evenly and quicker

I had problems with leaks as I'm a side sleeper too. I fixed the issue by using my typical day use dry 24/7 with booster, then running a pinwheel over the plastic backing to create flow through and then using a pull-up cloth diaper (Kins model 10700) with plastic pants. I also use a good washable bed pad with water proof backing(36" x 50"). I use 30 mg of Temazepam along with 2mg of Lorazepam as a sleep aid. I get a great night sleep and wake up refershed, not like when I tried Ambein which left me "hung over" for hours. I sleep so good that it's not unusual for me to wake in the exact same position which means all voiding goes to the same side. And I still don't get leaks. I might get the bed pad damp a few times a year. The diaper combination is rather bulky and took some time getting used to for sleeping. But I haven't had wet sheets in years. Like when any measures we take to have secure protection fails, regardless of situation ( sleep, active or just reading and watching the TV), it just means we come here and ask for advise and experiment until the issue is resolved.

jack3295 said:
I had problems with leaks as I'm a side sleeper too. I fixed the issue by using my typical day use dry 24/7 with booster, then running a pinwheel over the plastic backing to create flow through and then using a pull-up cloth diaper (Kins model 10700) with plastic pants. I also use a good washable bed pad with water proof backing(36" x 50"). I use 30 mg of Temazepam along with 2mg of Lorazepam as a sleep aid. I get a great night sleep and wake up refershed, not like when I tried Ambein which left me "hung over" for hours. I sleep so good that it's not unusual for me to wake in the exact same position which means all voiding goes to the same side. And I still don't get leaks. I might get the bed pad damp a few times a year.

This is a really interesting solution to the problem. I wonder why though you would not just use all cloth, since your system now requires plastic pants and washing diapers, and cheaper.

Sounds like you don't wake up when you need to pee? Was it always like this? I think most people wake up, I sure do, even if I dreaming finding a place, then wake up when I am about to void.

Isle said:
Sounds like you don't wake up when you need to pee? Was it always like this? I think most people wake up, I sure do, even if I dreaming finding a place, then wake up when I am about to void.

Agree, most people wake when they need to pee. At the same time many (like myself) do not. With cloth diapers no problem, with disposables a different story.

Also a side sleeper, well hydrated, and even use temazepam at times. All I need is confidry and a baby diaper booster. I alway have to point up, and cup the baby diaper over me first. Then diaper up normally with my confidry. With this setup I hardly ever leak, like maybe once every couple of months.

Alternatively, try using betterdry/ crinklz. They do not require a booster, and have never once leaked on me for overnight side sleeping.

I wear the dry 24/7 for 2 reasons. First, extra capacity. Second, the disposable acts as a "diaper liner" if I have a BM, which happens at least a few times a week. I do sometimes awaken when I wet but I'm more than half asleep and as soon as I'm done I'm out. A lot of the time I wake up wet and don't even remember wetting. Bm's usually wake me up because the urge is so intense, sometimes painfully so. If I don't take the amount of Metamucil I do, my BM's are loose (and uncomfortable). The trade off is increased frequency and volume. I have anywhere from 4 to 5 or more BM's a day. All firm, well formed and quite large in volume. The bulk producing fiber supplement doesn't do anything for the severe urgency so all the BM's are pretty much involuntary.

I sleep all over the place...back, stomach, side, toss and turn...I never wake to urinate, I'm a bona fide bedwetter, so I have no control over what body position I might be in when it happens.

I have no problem with Better Dry diapers. They have a ton of SAP up front the swells around your junk. Very effective at preventing leaks.

On nights when I have a lot of fluids or alcohol and know it's going to be an especially wet night, I use a booster...either Abri Let Maxi or once of the Northshore boosters. I very rarely have a leak.

I too refuse to go to cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back