Incontinence guards vs stuffers in your diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metho42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm curious if anyone out there prefers to supplement their diaper absorbency with plastic backed incontinence guards instead of traditional stuffers.

I personally have tried both and find lady tena overnight or men's depends guard with the adhesive on the back absorb way more and tend to stay in place in the diaper better.
My trick is to poke a handful of holes in the guards to let the urine flow through to the diapers so they don't get over saturated and explode.

I used 4 men's for Depends guards in a Northshore Suprreme and lasted 16 hrs before the first sign of leaks.

I've never gotten that type of absorbency using traditional diaper stuffers, regardless of how many I used.

Anyone else out there ever try this?

Yeppers the tena over night pads make great soakers.

I use poise, tena and walmart generic incontinence pads in my diapers,

I use the Tena Overnight pads as well, at first just for overnight, but now I use them most days. Without a pad, I can go 2-3 hours without a change (in plastic Attends), with a pad I can go 4-5 before changing, and probably even longer than that. Was thinking about trying stuffers, but seems the Tena Overnight are maybe better!

I've used everything from terry washcloths to maxi pads in my diapers and they're all effective to varying degrees. By far my favorite is the Seni Man Fit, which is not only hella capacious but also helps contain any stray streams, especially while sitting. Very, very effective.

-RMS

I do the guards too.

When boosters are necessary, nothing beats a name brand baby diaper, such as pampers or huggies.

Baby diapers have an economy of scale, so they are far cheaper than similar sized adult boosters. They also absorb more, and faster than any other incontnence guard, pad, insert, whatever I've tried.

Yes, I use Male Guards, DEPEND in my diaper.

caitianx said:
Yes, I use Male Guards, DEPEND in my diaper.

I've used those too... I say this much, you'll get better absorbency not substantially more bulk using the poise overnight ones

I use north shore Supremes with the northshore large doublers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I've been using abu power up boosters, there actually work as advertised, the only down fall is that if your diapers has short leak guards they will swell past them, but there great and absorb a ton.

0703172342.jpgRite Aid House Brand "Male Guards"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back