normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I finally got my follow up and appointment with my urologist and doctor as they need to know what is going on.

I put a call in to my regular physician, she wants to do an exam before sending me back to the urologist.

As I told her what was going on, she is now (and was before) very concerned. I don't really even know that I'm urinating at this point. One minute my protective Device is dry (I don't specify which I use because there are several) in this case my diaper, and the next it's warm and wet. And I don't have the urge to go, there is no pressure (if you will). It just starts coming and stopping the flow is very hard or doesn't happen. So changes have been more frequent, and I have had to pack more diapers and such.

But the total loss of sensation and the not knowing I have to pee, there is nothing normal about this right?

You're right. The lack of feeling the need to go and the sensation of going is not normal. You definitely get a throrough medical work-up to find out what's going on.

Right, that's not normal. Definitely follow up with getting that checked out, but take comfort knowing it could be so much worse.

A bit more at ease now. Yes I'm getting it checked out soon.

Not normal - well not for most. If the dr finds something else, like a over active bladder that just decides what it will do when it wants is found - that might be your normal. Do not feel like a difference is not normal for you. I do not disagree with the above, get checked out. However, if you find a new form of normal do not feel like you are alone.

My notice of when I have to pee happens a couple seconds before release. I feel the pee flowing out of me. It's been that way for decades

not feeling yourself going is never normal.

CPDude said:
My notice of when I have to pee happens a couple seconds before release. I feel the pee flowing out of me. It's been that way for decades
I think feels like that but I don't really notice that the flow is happening, I don't feel anything at best a really really dull sensation to the point I only really notice that I've gone when I stand up or sit down, moreover the warmth is also a dead giveaway.

It actually kind of indicates some type of nerve damage or poor circulation, both bad things.

For me this is a way of life now. I have diabetic related nerve damage and hardly ever feel the need to pee until it is too late . I wet the bed every night and have to wear nappies all the time.

Like ST50 I have diabetes and my symptoms are like those described - but it is wrong to make our own diagnosis and because the cause is elusive does not mean it cannot be identified and if identified could well be susceptible to treatment. What is important (understanding that incontinence itself won't harm you) is to make sure there is nothing causing it that needs treatment in it's own right.

Good luck

CPDude said:

I think thats fairly common for a lot of people with bladder IC issues. If you have medical issues or are on medications it can be difficult to figure out. Ive had a problem with incomplete voiding combined with a sudden urge to pee particularly when I stand up after resting. If I dont get to a bathroom quickly nature takes it course. They did change my med regime a bit and that seems to have helped regulate bladder function in the daytime oddly by increasing urine production and allowing me to fully void my bladder when I have to go but its not so beneficial at night. But Im on other meds like antipsychotics and antidepressants so cant change all meds at once. I dont really mind wetting at home but find it more of an issue when Im not at home.

mikesecret said:
I think thats fairly common for a lot of people with bladder IC issues. If you have medical issues or are on medications it can be difficult to figure out. Ive had a problem with incomplete voiding combined with a sudden urge to pee particularly when I stand up after resting. If I dont get to a bathroom quickly nature takes it course. They did change my med regime a bit and that seems to have helped regulate bladder function in the daytime oddly by increasing urine production and allowing me to fully void my bladder when I have to go but its not so beneficial at night. But Im on other meds like antipsychotics and antidepressants so cant change all meds at once. I dont really mind wetting at home but find it more of an issue when Im not at home.
It's like this for me. Nerve damage from my back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like so many others have said, it's not normal and you are on the right path getting it checked out.
I don't have control of my bladder either. It releases when it wants to and doesn't warn me either. My two urologist I see both feel it's due to some nerve damage in the spine. Since my quality of life isn't effected by me having to wear diapers, they are not going to do any things else at this point in time. It's been 10yrs now and I haven't let this stop me from living.

Be open and honest with the urologist what you use for protection. Mine had me try catheters, Botox injections in the bladder and meds. When nothing worked, diapers was the best thing for me. Hopefully they can find out the cause of your loss and get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back