Not open for further replies.

jack3295

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
This hasn't happened in a long time. I like to be confident with my protection
regardless of whether I'm at home or out and about. I was only going out to the library to drop off a few books and pick up one that they were holding for me. I had on a dry 24/7 with a stuffer under some plastic pants. I had already taken a couple of doses of Metamucil during the morning along with some Nullo. Had a BM in my night diapers when I got up and had another around 10:00 before I left. So I'm thinking all systems are go. I decide to walk the mile over to get some excirsize. I'm half way there and I end up having to go. The urge was really intense and I actually had to stop. The release happened within a minute. With all the Metamucil I take to keep my BM's solid I have pretty big accidents and the volume of this one was about what I expected. It was pretty solid so I wasn't worried at all about containment. I had to pee pretty bad and proceeded to soak my diaper. Not the way I like to go to the library but I thought I would be good for a couple of hours at least. So with a wet, soiled diaper I continued on. I can usually count on capacity for up to 3 BM's and can wet pretty much at will for hours. I get to the library, return my books and pick up the one they were holding. I start to leave and wouldn't you know it, it starts to rain. Fuck. I head back in and go to the computer stations to check the radar online. I sit in front of the screen and flatten the load which isn't my favorite thing but I'm used to it. I The radar looks like I'm going to have to wait about 30 minutes if I don't want to get wet. I put my backpack on one of the reading chairs and figured I'd browse the new arrivals. After about 25 minutes I look outside to see if the rain had stopped. No luck. I decided to go over to the magazine section. I grab a recent Sports Illustrated and find a chair to to wait out the rain. I hadn't even finished the first article when I feel that very unwelcome urgency. It intensifies quickly and within 30 seconds I'm at defcon 1. I lean back and spread my legs apart in front of me. Then an involuntary contraction sends a mighty surge into my diaper. I don't panic. It's happened before. But when it doesn't stop I begin to worry. The volume is enormous and after completely filling my diaper I can feel it happen. A blow out. The BM was so big it started to escape the diaper and plastic pants. I was wearing a pair of elastic compresion shorts under my baggy nylon sport shorts and I could feel a sizable pile in my crotch against my leg. Double fuck. No odor thanks to the Nullo (I take it twice a day and for me it works really good)
but this was going to be an uncomfortable walk home. After about 15 minutes the rain stops. I grab my backpack and head out the door. My diapers weren't sagging too badly with the compresion shorts but I could feel the load moving with every step I took. Yuck. I don't walk at my regular pace in an effort to keep the load from migrating too much but by the time I get home I'm a complete mess. The clean-up was one of the more unpleasant in recent memory so I took a nice long shower. I knew I was empty so I took advantage of the time window and "aired out" for an hour before rediapering. The amount of fiber supplement I take every day causes the large volume but at least the stool wasn't loose. That would have spelled disaster. Still, I hate when that happens.

Jack did you have any diapers or anything in your bag? I know it's not ideal at times but carrying a spare and some wipes can really help. Public changes suck but it's better than walking home in the rain with the mess down your leg.

- - - Updated - - -

And solidarity with you. Very relatable.

My condolences, but I have to wonder the same thing. I always have a spare diaper close on hand, even when I don't expect to need one there have been times when I did.

You already had a back pack with you, next time I'd suggest you add a spare diaper to it.

I have an emergency change kit... in the trunk of my car. (3- 24/7 diapers, extra boosters, plastic pants, wipes, barrier ointment, disposal bags and even extra clothes) Needing exercise I had decided to walk, hence no car. When I do an in town excursion I usually never bring my other change pack. Mainly because I absolutely hate public changes. And I'm always within walking distance of home. I live on the south shore of the lake right behind our old, downtown main street (175 years old) My parish is a 10 minute walk, library and health club are a 15 to 20 minute walk. Downtown resturants, martini bar, wine bar and coffee shop are 5 minutes away. I have the lake out my back yard and the old downtown up the hill. If I have a really bad release (loose BM) when in town I'll head home right away. Regular BM's and I'll wait until I'm done with whatever I'm doing and wait until I'm home for a proper change and shower. Plus, I have to completely remove too many things to just get to the wiping step. I will admit to being OCD when it comes to getting really clean after a messing event. Particularly when the release was of epic porportion. I've been this way for 20 plus years and still hate a public change. Walking around town in a wet, loaded diaper is not my idea of fun but I'm used to it by now. But I prefer that to trying to effect a proper change on the fly. I've had too many bad experiences to want to even try. With the volume of a typical BM, I'm looking at almost certain disaster. I use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide) so my skin is well protected. The Nullo and plastic pants keep me from being "offensive" when soiled. I've at least been blessed with skln like cast iron and hardly ever get a rash. I "air out" frequently to insure continued skin health. I have many health proffesionals in the family (2 nurses and an MD) and have gotten great advise on preventing skin break down. When I'm forced to change when out, I use hospital grade wipes (big, scented and moist) and delay a good shower until my next at home change. What happened at the library doesn't happen very often - maybe once or twice a year. This was a pretty bad blow out and most of the stool remained within the plastic pants. What escaped from there was contained by my compresion shorts, never getting on my clothes. I can see why many choose to go for the imediate change. But with the precautions I take I can get by that and just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back