Thread: Walmart size 7 diapers

Default Walmart size 7 diapers

Yesterday I went to Walmart to get some common everyday items and just because I felt like it, I walked down the baby diaper aisle. I was very surprised and very excited to see that Walmart brand diapers now have a size 7 diaper on their shelves for the Parents Choice line of diapers. I did not know that this size existed for their line of diapers nor know it was sold in stores. Generally size 7 is only found online. I did a search to see how many other stores have it and it appears to be fairly sparse in distribution but some of their stores do have it. I could not buy it at the time but I am excited to go back to go get a pack. Granted its still a baby diaper and its an off brand but I would think it would make a good, cheap stuffer for many. Is this old news and I have been under a rock? I am not sure if this has already been talked about but I could not find anything very recent about it when I searched for it on this site. But if this news is new I just wanted to let everyone know about it. If you have tried it, please let me know what you think about it.

It's neither new news nor old news. It's...somewhat recent.

So far, I haven't seen anybody review these or post measurements, though. Go for it! I wonder whether they're actually a new size or whether Walmart has gone the Pampers route and simply changed how their sizing works. (In case you didn't know, the Pampers Cruisers 7 and Swaddlers 7 diapers are actually slightly smaller than Pampers Baby Dry 6 and Luvs 6 these days, and they were never any larger. They just use a different numbering system. Sad, but true!)

If my memory serves me correctly there is a review with measurements on the parents choice size 7 diaper on this site, I think it was about a year ago or so.

Years ago I was at a Stop and Shop store with a friend who was getting some diapers for her baby. We were in the isle and I noticed a Stop and Shop brand diaper that said in big letters "Fits up to 28" waist." I think that's pretty much the waist size of a teen. They must have done some kind of research that indicated there was a need for it. Don't know if it was a size 7 or simply a large. It was with the baby diapers, I don't think they had an adult diaper section back then. You can bet that caught my eye and interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapelmeister View Post
    Years ago I was at a Stop and Shop store with a friend who was getting some diapers for her baby. We were in the isle and I noticed a Stop and Shop brand diaper that said in big letters "Fits up to 28" waist." I think that's pretty much the waist size of a teen. They must have done some kind of research that indicated there was a need for it. Don't know if it was a size 7 or simply a large. It was with the baby diapers, I don't think they had an adult diaper section back then. You can bet that caught my eye and interest.
    I would like to know more about that Stop and Shop diaper.

As for the Walmart size 7 diapers, they have been out for 2 years now and only recently they have been available on store shelves. Probably because Pampers now has 2 lineups with a size 7 in them. I do believe, however, that the new Parents choice size 7 are different and bigger than ones in the past

Hopefully more store brands will catch on to size 7 and perhaps even make a size 8. regular baby diapers are much much cheaper than any pullups.

I have seen them in a wal-mart no to long ago and I thought "damn if only I could buy some" I will someday without failure.

Quote Originally Posted by BluefireJay05 View Post
    I have seen them in a wal-mart no to long ago and I thought "damn if only I could buy some" I will someday without failure.
    Yes I am looking forward to buying them, as well. At the time when I saw them I really wanted to buy them on the spot, but I was in a situation where I could not (I was out of town). But now I can buy them but I have to drive some distance to get to a location that has them. But soon I will have some for my collection....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    It's neither new news nor old news. It's...somewhat recent.

So far, I haven't seen anybody review these or post measurements, though. Go for it! I wonder whether they're actually a new size or whether Walmart has gone the Pampers route and simply changed how their sizing works. (In case you didn't know, the Pampers Cruisers 7 and Swaddlers 7 diapers are actually slightly smaller than Pampers Baby Dry 6 and Luvs 6 these days, and they were never any larger. They just use a different numbering system. Sad, but true!)
    - - - Updated - - -

I did not know that about the Baby Dry or Luvs size 6 being bigger. I had some Luvs size 6 sometime ago but that was before I bought a pack of Cruisers size 7. I had used up all the Luvs size 6 before I got the Cruisers size 7 and have not bought any Luvs since then so I have not compared sizes side by side. While I still have a few of the Cruisers left (I save them for special occasions) I am not sure I would buy them again as they are fairly expensive on a per diaper cost. That is why I am so excited about the Walmart line having a size 7. Store brand is so much cheaper on a per unit cost. That is interesting about the Baby Dry size 6 being bigger though. I will have to try them out some time just to say that I have.

Happies, don't know much else about the stop & shop diaper. It was probably 30 years ago. I"m sure
    They don't have them any more. All I know is that I saw them a number of times and it stuck in my memory.