Not open for further replies.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Couple days ago I came off home time (basicly my days off) to find that a new trainee in the company had misjudged a corner and taken the whole front end off my truck while I was out. While disappointed, because I liked that Truck, it was not the worst deal. I actually got quite an upgrade out of it. While my new truck is one year older, its infinitely nicer.

I ended up with one of our company "Unicorn" trucks. (There's only like 3 or 4 of them on the company side out of almost 30,000 total company trucks, most of this trucks models went to the lease purchase, which still has a large portion of them on the owner operator side, or got wrecked)

2014 Kenworth T660 Studio Sleeper.

This trucks cab is massive, and easily the most comfortable I've driven to date. A standard truck has about a 60"-72" bunk sleeper, these "studio sleeper" trucks have an 86" sleeper which is about 14 inches longer and has roof skylights.

Most the company has either freightliners or internationals due to how cheap they are very few have kenworths and like I said only 3 or 4 T660 Studio trucks remain in the company fleet the rest of the company KW'S are the newer and smaller T680 aero trucks.

Due to how expensive these trucks are and how few they have they don't just hand the keys to anyone so I am actually beside myself and flipping ecstatic that they gave me one. Sadly it's coming up on the end of its service life In about 6-10 months, truck has 360,000 miles and the company doesn't keep any truck over 470,000. So hopefully I can talk them into selling it to me, 10 months should be enough to build a decent down payment.

6a961e34141c8039cb93e8215228ba4f.jpg

0a6caaa314a056d213f5975a37efe9e1.jpg

86564a980443556be813cbca3462b48d.jpg

6c55fe9fcdb8e1a51da39629f2dc9acf.jpg

That is a nice looking truck and I learned something about trucks today. Way cool!

Maxx said:
Very happy for you! It's always nice when you can do the job with the right tools!!!
X2 if the right tools are also well equipped. To most people 14 inches is not something to jump over but when someone is packed into a 72 inch area for so long then upgraded to an 86 inch living space it makes quite a difference. Just over all the two extra cabinets means no more crap on the floor or having to dig under the bunk for "essentials" (diapers) the skylights and side windows add a lot more natural light which will improve mood, All in all the sleepers just very well-set-up. Makes changing far easier which is a God sent as I still have bed wetting issues the diapers are not optional in most cases. The narrow cab may make it slightly difficult to move to the rear cabin but also make everything in the cab accessible from the driver seat. Hell I can reach and operate the passenger window controls with a seatbelt still on from the driver seat.

I don't think I have ever seen a truck that I Would-be willing To dive headlong into debt for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure
Wish
I
Finished
Training.
[emoji857] proud you have better living space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleD said:
Sure
Wish
I
Finished
Training.
[emoji857] proud you have better living space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swing
Wide
Its a
Fucking
Trailer

Sure
Wish
I
Found a
Trailer

See
What
I
Fucked-up
Today

Yeah I hear a lot.

But no wrecks, no citations, 100% on time, negative CSA, 6 perfect DOT inspections, 2 with HAZMAT, 0 service failures, perfect logs, and I do training. I've heard it all and it makes no never mind to me my record speaks for itself. [emoji12]

w0lfpack91 said:
X2 if the right tools are also well equipped. To most people 14 inches is not something to jump over but when someone is packed into a 72 inch area for so long then upgraded to an 86 inch living space it makes quite a difference. Just over all the two extra cabinets means no more crap on the floor or having to dig under the bunk for "essentials" (diapers) the skylights and side windows add a lot more natural light which will improve mood, All in all the sleepers just very well-set-up. Makes changing far easier which is a God sent as I still have bed wetting issues the diapers are not optional in most cases. The narrow cab may make it slightly difficult to move to the rear cabin but also make everything in the cab accessible from the driver seat. Hell I can reach and operate the passenger window controls with a seatbelt still on from the driver seat.

That is awesome man! Saw some renderings online and yeah, the PACCAR boys definitely do sleepers the best. If you're over 6ft that 86" bed must make changing a breeze. Like you said, the overhead locker is perfect for diaper storage. Do you wear all the time or just at night, and do you drive tandem? How's the performance? I know some guys think the MX-13 T660's are a bit pokey, but dead nuts reliable

ProudPaddedBro said:
That is awesome man! Saw some renderings online and yeah, the PACCAR boys definitely do sleepers the best. If you're over 6ft that 86" bed must make changing a breeze. Like you said, the overhead locker is perfect for diaper storage. Do you wear all the time or just at night, and do you drive tandem? How's the performance? I know some guys think the MX-13 T660's are a bit pokey, but dead nuts reliable

This is actually a Cummins ISX 13 equipped truck. It's got an Eaton 8-speed but it's the convertible tailshaft so it can be cheaply swapped over to a 13 speed.

When I wear depends on stock and conditions. If I'm low I'll only wear at night, if I got plenty I will wear while driving. The only exception is I won't wear if I have to be up moving a lot. Walking don't bother me but the constant climbing up and down takes it's toll on a diaper. But I need to conserve for bed wetting first and foremost.

Drive tandem?? I think you may be referring to team. To which, no. No I don't run with anyone else. I am a trainer but I will not do training in this truck. Far too nice and the fastest way to turn a new truck into an old truck is to set a trainee behind the wheel. I've already started talking with our company sales team and a few banks as well about starting a purchase agreement in about a year.

Performance wise it's nice. The 8-speed may not allow for the power band to be fully utilized as most these trucks were built to accommodate 13 and 18 speed trans, but it's quiet, smooth, cab is comfortable, has the smoothest and most fluid shifter I've used. The clutch is to the far left out of the way and the fuel and brake pedals are perfect place to heel toe properly without letting off the pedals, makes for far smoother stops.

The seat can go back behind the door frame keeping Sun out of my face and other drivers out of my business lol.

Very much reminds me of when I was learning on my grandfathers Pete 379 and KW W900.

That is great to hear, pretty damn huge truck!

improvements and upgrades are always nice to have.

Should of seen if you could have sprung for one with a shower in it. XD

I've always liked how paccar puts the clutch far out to the left congrats on the KW! What kind of fuel mileage are you averaging with it?

Drive Safe My Friend!
I have a lot of respect for truckers as everything that's on my plate or this computer, to most of the stuff; in my home are delivered by a SEMI!

Why has American truck makers got an aversion to Auto boxes , next to no euro truck come with Manual unless you pay extra
Forgot to say I'm going to take my Artic (semi) test in September

Last edited:
parcelboy2 said:
Why has American truck makers got an aversion to Auto boxes , next to no euro truck come with Manual unless you pay extra
Forgot to say I'm going to take my Artic (semi) test in September
To be honest since autoboxes have become commonplace the quality of competent drivers have also sharply fallen. It has made it so mega companies can push untrained drivers through at twice the pace.

I have no issues with them for what they are my issue is what they encourage.

w0lfpack91 said:
To be honest since autoboxes have become commonplace the quality of competent drivers have also sharply fallen. It has made it so mega companies can push untrained drivers through at twice the pace.

I have no issues with them for what they are my issue is what they encourage.

Any update on how she's been performing? Mileage/issues/etc? Plus I'm assuming you're enjoying many more padded miles with all that storage. Sidenote - saw a truck identical to yours coming south on I-81 on Saturday as I was coming home from vacation. Dead ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back