Not open for further replies.
Rado said:
This needs a like button!

There is a like button "*Rep+/-"

*R+/-

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

???

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The rep system doesnt work on mobile phones. That's the reason why you're not seeing it.

Slomo said:
Ha, you haven't been to many urologists or nurses have you?

I've been through more than a few dozen surgeries in the past 20 years. Each visit diapered. While it is getting better, diaper shaming is still very real.

I find that quite sad that a patient would be shamed. I think docs operate on the basis that they want to cure people and an 'atypical' problem like IC in younger or middle age adults is viewed as something that should be treatable which is likely true in many cases. I guess it can vary based on your medical issues but I don't think its fair for a doc to be dismissive or judgmental. I heard a bit of skepticism from one doctor who seemed to believe my problem was as much mental rather than physical but in hospital as I said in a previous comment there is a preference for diapering especially at nighttime for neuro patients. One nurse told me they rather deal with wet diapers than patients falling when getting up to go to the toilet.

Slomo said:
I've been through more than a few dozen surgeries in the past 20 years. Each visit diapered. While it is getting better, diaper shaming is still very real.

Amen! Way back when, during an initial visit with one urologist, he asked "what is that?" (referring to my diaper in a condescending way). Needless to say, that was the one and only time I saw him. In the past couple of years, the "shame factor" is not as bad; things are getting better. But there is still a "stigma" out there that we are lazy, not trying, etc.

Treating patients that way is horrible and unacceptable. Doctors are usually members of larger medical associations, so I would report them.

mikesecret said:
I find that quite sad that a patient would be shamed. I think docs operate on the basis that they want to cure people and an 'atypical' problem like IC in younger or middle age adults is viewed as something that should be treatable which is likely true in many cases. I guess it can vary based on your medical issues but I don't think its fair for a doc to be dismissive or judgmental. I heard a bit of skepticism from one doctor who seemed to believe my problem was as much mental rather than physical but in hospital as I said in a previous comment there is a preference for diapering especially at nighttime for neuro patients. One nurse told me they rather deal with wet diapers than patients falling when getting up to go to the toilet.

Oh they do. The problem is that many doctors see needing diapers as something which needs to be cured. Hence the diaper shaming.

Like I mentioned though, this mentality has slowly been disappearing as they are coming to see diapers as a valid treatment option.

Slomo said:
Oh they do. The problem is that many doctors see needing diapers as something which needs to be cured. Hence the diaper shaming.

Like I mentioned though, this mentality has slowly been disappearing as they are coming to see diapers as a valid treatment option.

You'd think with the number of TV commercials that now air for adult IC products most people would understand that its a pretty commonplace thing.

AnalogRTO said:
About a decade ago I had problems with testosterone production in my body, was dealing with it via endocrinologist. Had allergy issues with a couple methods of replacement testosterone before being put on injections once every couple weeks. A year into it, I start having testicular pain. Serious pain. It makes my cluster headaches seem mild. Can barely walk, hard to work, etc.
What was the issue you had with testosterone, my doctor really wants to put me on testosterone as I am very low on it, but I refuse at the this time as last time I tried it I was bleeding from it (the toilet water would be bright red, and the TP would just be so red, and I would have blood on my hand it was that much) it was so bad they sent me to have a colonoscopy, which they found not real issue (other than the stage 2 polyp)
What was your allergy issues? and how was things handled, and how was the new method done, and how did it work.

mikesecret said:
You'd think with the number of TV commercials that now air for adult IC products most people would understand that its a pretty commonplace thing.

I believe it is. The problem though, is the older a person gets the less likely they are to change their views.

Younger generations seeing those ads have already proven to be more open about diapers, best guess I'd say maybe 40 or younger. The older generations, maybe 50 or older are still and will likely be hold outs fir decades to come. As the older inflexible generations die off and are replaced with younger generations who now find diapers to be ok, that's when diaper acceptance will become more, well appected.

Of course, most company here would be an exception to that. As would the 70+ generation that's finding they need diapers themselves too (though they tend to try and keep it hidden if they can).

babyboy said:
What was the issue you had with testosterone, my doctor really wants to put me on testosterone as I am very low on it, but I refuse at the this time as last time I tried it I was bleeding from it (the toilet water would be bright red, and the TP would just be so red, and I would have blood on my hand it was that much) it was so bad they sent me to have a colonoscopy, which they found not real issue (other than the stage 2 polyp)
What was your allergy issues? and how was things handled, and how was the new method done, and how did it work.

Was low T due to being on high dose pain medications to help with headaches I was having. The allergy issues were that the patches gave me raw ring shaped wounds that took months to heal, they gave me the gel and I immediately broke out in hives everywhere it touched my body. I never took oral medications, endocrinologist didn't want to use those as they were very problematic for levels getting into your system. They went to injections, and it seemed to be going well until the testicular pain started. Ended up having bilateral orchiectomy to deal with the pain, don't know how long I could have kept fighting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back