Thread: Where to ship?

Default Where to ship?

I'm considering flying down to visit my grandparents during the summer and want to splurge a little bit with wearing while flying and part of the time down there. I still live with my family back home, so ordering online would be risky. I think having them be delivered to my grandparents house might be a slightly better option, but they might still pry on privacy. Any opinions about where to get them delivered? Or even on which brand to buy?

why not wait til you are there? will you have access to a car or nearby pharmacy or med supply store? Seems like asking for trouble to order ahead of time. Also if they are nosey, getting mail sent to thei mailbox is going to get you questions.

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    why not wait til you are there? will you have access to a car or nearby pharmacy or med supply store? Seems like asking for trouble to order ahead of time. Also if they are nosey, getting mail sent to thei mailbox is going to get you questions.

I can use a car there. Do you know of any places that will sell abdl brands in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnii View Post
    I can use a car there. Do you know of any places that will sell abdl brands in Florida?
    Nothing from in a physical store, but they all ship to addresses in florida.

Can't you use a car before your flight too? Have your diapers shipped to your local distribution facility and pick them up when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Have your diapers shipped to your local distribution facility and pick them up when they arrive.
    This. I have some sketchy neighbors that I wouldn't trust to use my phone, muchless leave a case of paddage in view of. So I always have them hold it at the UPS store.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    This. I have some sketchy neighbors that I wouldn't trust to use my phone, muchless leave a case of paddage in view of. So I always have them hold it at the UPS store.
    I'll probably be ordering from amazon. How do I have them hold the package? And afterward, how should I discreetly pack a case? Should some be in my carry-on?

Amazon usually ships UPS. Find out the address of your local UPS distribution facility (most every town has one, or at least within a couple hours drive tops). Use that address for your ship to info, but make sure to include delivery instructions to hold for pickup and call your number when it arrives.

You can also take it a step further and look to see if it will be shipped by amazon fulfilment, or contact the seller to find out.

Plus, You will also want to closely watch your shipped notification email, or online tracking. Watch who is actually shipping it (the carrier). You may need to call that carrier to intercept the package at their actual distribution center (like if it goes via fedex or post office instead). Alternatively, you can sometimes have your package rerouted to some other address too (though not always, and not if it's already at your local delivery level).

Lastly, take note that most carriers will only hold a package for one or two days max. So be ready to go get it on the day it's expected for delivery, maybe even the day before. They are usually open reay late too, so that's not a problem if it has to be after work or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    Amazon usually ships UPS.
    I have ordered from Amazon several times this year and they have all come from Amazon delivery, not UPS. As I have no problem with that, I haven't tried to have Amazon delivery hold the package.