Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I wish AB Universe had a diaper with their space diaper's excellent absorbancy but a different print. Any one of these would suffice:

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/abu-barebum-diapers/

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/preschool-plastic/

https://us.abuniverse.com/product/simple/

If they did, I would have everything I wanted from a diaper in one brand instead of being caught between the best absorbancy (ABU) and a print I like (bambino)

edit: is there anyway I can suggest this to them?

edit2: I just emailed them, we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
Hey dude the ABU Simple and Little Pawz are the same as the Space.... a lot of us refer to the three of them as ABU Premiums.

As for suggestions yep for sure email these terrific people with your ideas [email protected]

Simple, Space and Little Paws are the same diaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are those three referred to as the ABU premiums? Why not the single tapes?

Single tape per side are ABUs Vintage style :)

The Premiums have much higher capacity than the Vintage, the Preschools or the Barebums.

Okay. I'm considering purchasing ABU diapers. What is the capacity of each of their diapers? And do they have refastenable tapes?

I have tried abena m4s and they tend to bunch up in the front as well as they are really wide in the crotch. By this I mean the width in the crotch is large, not the thickness.

Also, the lower tapes on the m4s are on the wing part of the diaper for me.

Do you know if the ABUs will have similar issues?

How often do you change your ABU diapers? Do they ever feel wet in between changes?

Just have a lot of questions before I buy some.

Think the volumes are on their website but the Premiums have a very very wide crotch, much wider than Abena in my experience.

Tapes for sure are refastenable and the new ones seem to be really good.

IMO all diapers should be folded prior to use length ways to activate channels and help puff them up a bit... I am sure this helps against clumping.

I have been doing that. I have tried doing the top tapes first and the bottom tapes first. I can't seem to do anything to prevent the poofiness in the front of the diaper.

photogirl said:
I have been doing that. I have tried doing the top tapes first and the bottom tapes first. I can't seem to do anything to prevent the poofiness in the front of the diaper.

Having thick legs I get a really good fit from ABUs Vintage range but line the top of the tapes up close to the top of the taping panel. The vintage also are not super wide in the crotch and disperse nicely (after folding) for me but diapers fit everyone differently.

On a cheekier note yes diapers by their nature are puffy!

Lots of people buy samplers from ABU first up and then use the $5 credit when ordering which one(s) they like best.

Additionally thinking about it Abena products are not really shaped well, I had always taped the bottom tapes first at a slight angle upwards but remember now they don't tend to make the contoured diaper shape.

But should there be like a big pocket of air in the front? Should the diaper fit against the skin? I mean like I can poke there front of the diaper two to three inches in before I hit my skin in the front. Is this normal?

photogirl said:
But should there be like a big pocket of air in the front? Should the diaper fit against the skin? I mean like I can poke there front of the diaper two to three inches in before I hit my skin in the front. Is this normal?

Yeah sorry you are right, I had forgotten they do that to me a bit as well, the shape of them isn't "clever or panty shaped" more pad like with leak guards and tapes.

If you can pinch them together in spots they probably are not a great fit for you either.

Definitely try ABUs Vintage SDKs, Cushies, Lavender or Kiddos.

Okay! I will give those a try:)

photogirl said:

How long the diaper is compared to your size, along with where you attach the lower tapes, affects how much of a "bulge" you will have in the front. If you don't like it, attach the lower tapes a bit higher and farther in. Try to keep them headed toward the leg elastic though, to help seal around the legs and prevent leaks.

photogirl said:

No, not that much. A small pocket is normal, but not that big. Make sure when you're first pulling the diaper up between your legs, that you are pulling both the top front and back of the diaper up nice and snug. Normally the waist bands should be extending up to about your waist line (near your belly button), but if they go a little higher than that that's ok too.

Now if you tape that same diaper up so it only extends up to your hips line, then that will definitely cause that huge pocket you're getting. It will also cause the diaper to sag when wet, as well as prematurely clump and fall apart too. So do try to avaoid that a d make sure you're putting it on as intended by the manufacturers.

bambinod said:
How long the diaper is compared to your size, along with where you attach the lower tapes, affects how much of a "bulge" you will have in the front. If you don't like it, attach the lower tapes a bit higher and farther in. Try to keep them headed toward the leg elastic though, to help seal around the legs and prevent leaks.

I don't have much of a choice with where I can put the lower tapes. They are only like 2-3" from the outside of the wings of these diaper, and down on my legs, a few inches below my hip.

I don't usually have much of an issue with leaks, although the diaper does tend to "sag" a bit when I stand up. The last time I put one on, I tried pulling it up after I did the bottom tapes and that seemed to help the sagging bit.

I am pulling them up all the way, they come up to my bellybutton. I just don't know where there bottom tapes should hit. I am hesitant to go up a size with the big bulge I am getting already, but feel like the lower tapes should hit farther into the diaper. My other thought is that maybe this brand of diaper is just not right for my body type.

photogirl said:
Okay! I will give those a try:)

Be careful! If you said your bottom tapes are on edge of the wings, the diaper may be too small and single tapes won't accommodate that. If your hips are larger than your waist, that's the size your diaper should go off of.

The best is tranquility

LeafiniteLittle said:
Be careful! If you said your bottom tapes are on edge of the wings, the diaper may be too small and single tapes won't accommodate that. If your hips are larger than your waist, that's the size your diaper should go off of.

I've heard mixed opinions on this. Some people think you should use your hip measurement, others your waist, and others say you should just add a few inches to your waist measurement.

So which is the best? I have trouble fathoming that I could need large size diapers when I am such a small lady. Especially considering that I can fit into goodnites. Those are the best fit I have gotten with any diaper. They very rarely leak, which is an issue I have with pretty much everything else.

photogirl said:
I've heard mixed opinions on this. Some people think you should use your hip measurement, others your waist, and others say you should just add a few inches to your waist measurement.

So which is the best? I have trouble fathoming that I could need large size diapers when I am such a small lady. Especially considering that I can fit into goodnites. Those are the best fit I have gotten with any diaper. They very rarely leak, which is an issue I have with pretty much everything else.

Always use your larger measurement. To properly measure your hips, start at the curve of your hip and go around your butt. I am 4'8", wear S/M everything, but wear large diapers. Also, diapers should come up to your midsection, they're not underwear. Tapes should look like this (not me by the way).
7eee5fd1870b932bb3161fd6a7d124d9.jpg

LeafiniteLittle said:
Always use your larger measurement. To properly measure your hips, start at the curve of your hip and go around your butt. I am 4'8", wear S/M everything, but wear large diapers. Also, diapers should come up to your midsection, they're not underwear. Tapes should look like this (not me by the way).
7eee5fd1870b932bb3161fd6a7d124d9.jpg

Okay! I might have to see if I can get my hands on some size large diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back