• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

I may be new, but I feel like I know some of you already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hey guys. I've been a long time lurker here and always wanted to chime in on a lot of the discussions, but could never remember my log-in info… until today.

A little about me: I'm a pretty introverted guy, but it's mostly by choice. I have a good lump of people I like to be around, but social stuff is kind of exhausting to me.
I'm going to school for pre-engineering right now and love it. I dropped out of college shortly after graduating high school because smoking weed and hanging out with friends was more important at the time, obviously! But now I've started classes again and it's become more important to me than anything, except my gf. She knows about my hobbies and is fully accepting, but not as encouraging as I'd like. It's prolly my issue tho cuz I'm so nervous and weird about the subject, even though she's said it made our relationship better.

Ok. I never wrote an intro before because I didn't think I'd know what to say but....yeah. If anyone actually takes the time to read this, thanks and I hope I can be of some value to this great community!

I'm new here too Glitch and I want to welcome you and wish you the best. Sometimes not starting college right out of high school is the best thing to do. Students who are little older are also more mature and make better students. I went straight into college but left half way through for a few years and went back when I grew up a little. Enjoy the ADISC community.

Welcome! I am new to join but also have visited lurking around many times and just finally decided it was time to be a part of something bigger

Welcome to the community. Do you have any hobbies or interests you enjoy in your free time?

Glitch said:
Hey guys. I've been a long time lurker here and always wanted to chime in on a lot of the discussions, but could never remember my log-in info… until today.

A little about me: I'm a pretty introverted guy, but it's mostly by choice. I have a good lump of people I like to be around, but social stuff is kind of exhausting to me.
I'm going to school for pre-engineering right now and love it. I dropped out of college shortly after graduating high school because smoking weed and hanging out with friends was more important at the time, obviously! But now I've started classes again and it's become more important to me than anything, except my gf. She knows about my hobbies and is fully accepting, but not as encouraging as I'd like. It's prolly my issue tho cuz I'm so nervous and weird about the subject, even though she's said it made our relationship better.

Ok. I never wrote an intro before because I didn't think I'd know what to say but....yeah. If anyone actually takes the time to read this, thanks and I hope I can be of some value to this great community!

Hi and welcome back to the site. You wrote a good introduction. I know all about wasting precious years from when I was younger. I'm a professional musician and I wish I had taken practicing a lot more seriously when I was younger. Fortunately, there's no shelf life on learning and sometimes being more mature is a great benefit.

By my Sophomore year in college I was practicing 4 hours a day and once I graduated, I was practicing 8 hours a day and I got to be very good at what I do. Work hard and you will too.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it means a lot!
Yes, school is very different when you have a clear goal you're working towards and not going just because it's something you're supposed to do. I never thought I'd be enjoying (and doing very well in) math, but I like when things make sense, and math makes a whole lot of sense.

DLC, yeah, I actually got a degree in audio engineering at a fairly prominent recording school in Minneapolis. Then moved... and it's really hard to find work in that kind of field without knowing someone, and I had to move away from my network unfortunately. BUT! I am still very much involved in making music.

I've played drums since i was in middle school and played in all kinds of bands since then. But now I make all my own music on Ableton Live (no dubstep). I actually enjoy giving lessons to noobs.

DogBoy, Whats instrument(s) do you play?

Glitch said:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it means a lot!
Yes, school is very different when you have a clear goal you're working towards and not going just because it's something you're supposed to do. I never thought I'd be enjoying (and doing very well in) math, but I like when things make sense, and math makes a whole lot of sense.

DLC, yeah, I actually got a degree in audio engineering at a fairly prominent recording school in Minneapolis. Then moved... and it's really hard to find work in that kind of field without knowing someone, and I had to move away from my network unfortunately. BUT! I am still very much involved in making music.

I've played drums since i was in middle school and played in all kinds of bands since then. But now I make all my own music on Ableton Live (no dubstep). I actually enjoy giving lessons to noobs.

DogBoy, Whats instrument(s) do you play?

At this point in my life, I play keyboards. I have three different Korg instruments, my newest a Triton which isn't that new. My degree work is in organ performance which I got at Westmisnter Choir College, Princeton. I later studied with John Ferguson who you may know as a now retired music director/organist from St. Olaf College. He's an incredible musician.

Last year at this time, I purchased a Yamaha Avant Grand N 2 and I've been learning a lot of piano pieces, mostly Chopin. I've learned four of the Nocturnes and I'm working on the D flat Major Nocturne. I've learned several of the preludes and have the G Major prelude memorized and almost up to tempo. The N 2 is a wonderful digital instrument as it has the same keyboard action that their G model, acoustic grand piano.

I used to do a lot of arranging via the sequencer on my Korg Triton including drum tracks. Music is always a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back