Drynites/Goodnites Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreyteen19

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey just noticed that My L/XL Drynites keep sliding off me when wet. When dry they seem to be just OK. But once I wet it and do few steps they just slide off all the way down. OK I'm 29 Inch waist and can wear both S/M and L/XL sizes but find the L/XL more comfortable even though S/M Fits just right it's still too tight especially when all swelled up when wet. But at least they stay put when wet. Have any of you noticed the same ? Or It's just me?
Ps. Huggies Pull-Ups = Drynites S/M sizewise ? just curious.
Ps2. Did you know Pampers Baby Dry Size 7 Absorb almost 700ml. It's almost the same absorbency as Drynites L/XL. And they swell just as much too.

part of the reason I prefer fastenable tabs, never liked underwear for just this reason

just pointing out the obvious maybe, but these are pull-ups right? Those aren't going to be able to stay up so well when heavy. Also, they're intended primarily for overnight anyway, again probably not going to slide down your hips while you're in bed.

FYI pullups CAN stay on your hips when wet, (as well as any other tabbed diaper) but the problem is they really need to be a close fit. Tabbed diapers you can tape just as tight as you need to so they are comfortable but stay up. Pullups just come in a few fixed sizes, so the odds aren't good that you're getting an exact fit. That's just the tradeoff you get for the convenience of a pullup

Coreyteen19 said:
Hey just noticed that My L/XL Drynites keep sliding off me when wet. When dry they seem to be just OK. But once I wet it and do few steps they just slide off all the way down. OK I'm 29 Inch waist and can wear both S/M and L/XL sizes but find the L/XL more comfortable even though S/M Fits just right it's still too tight especially when all swelled up when wet. But at least they stay put when wet. Have any of you noticed the same ? Or It's just me?
Ps. Huggies Pull-Ups = Drynites S/M sizewise ? just curious.
Ps2. Did you know Pampers Baby Dry Size 7 Absorb almost 700ml. It's almost the same absorbency as Drynites L/XL. And they swell just as much too.

Do you wear during the day all the time, are you DL or IC? Like others said, not surprising that they are sliding off when wet due to the fact that you're on the low end of the L/XL sizing. I have the same issue with other pull-up types (Abena), when they are wet they want to come off. Onesies or boxers help a lot if you're going to be wearing them during the day wet.

ProudPaddedBro said:
Like others said, not surprising that they are sliding off when wet due to the fact that you're on the low end of the L/XL sizing
29 inches is actually at the very top of the size range. The largest size corresponds to a clothing size of 14 for boys and roughly halfway between 12 and 14 for girls.
Size 14 boys clothing is for 26-28 inch waist actually, so he would be actually a bit too big for size L/XL.
The reason they may slide off though would be because you are actually too big and overstretching the material, because of this the material is weaker and not as strong and not staying in place as a result.
I can tell you for a fact that the S/M will not even fit remotely close to the way they were intended by KC, even though you can pull them on barely and probably rip the sides a bit in the process, they would probably just stay on because of how tight the fit is until they just ripped completely on the sides or elsewhere.
And the largest size of Huggies Pullups (4T-5T) is smaller than the size Small Goodnites, the size XS Goodnites may be pretty close though but still a bit larger.

okmis said:
29 inches is actually at the very top of the size range. The largest size corresponds to a clothing size of 14 for boys and roughly halfway between 12 and 14 for girls.
Size 14 boys clothing is for 26-28 inch waist actually, so he would be actually a bit too big for size L/XL.
The reason they may slide off though would be because you are actually too big and overstretching the material, because of this the material is weaker and not as strong and not staying in place as a result.

yeah, sadly pullups fans won't believe this no matter how true it is.

Uhm I don't agree with first statement as I'm well within weight range on them it says 27-57 KG and I weigh 52 KG. So It seems like they should fit perfectly but no they slide off because I'm smaller in waist than average teen. How come I Can wear S/M size and don't even come close to ripping sides they fit OK but the only issue is they have smaller absorbency.

Coreyteen19 said:
Uhm I don't agree with first statement as I'm well within weight range on them it says 27-57 KG and I weigh 52 KG. So It seems like they should fit perfectly but no they slide off because I'm smaller in waist than average teen. How come I Can wear S/M size and don't even come close to ripping sides they fit OK but the only issue is they have smaller absorbency.

Babies (and kids to an extent) all have a much more typical body shape than adults do. As such, their diapers can be rated based on their weight. This is because manufacturers know to expect a certain body shape, as well as the amount of pee to be absorbed, when it's all based on that given weight.

Because you're not a kid any more, that weight rating isn't going to apply to you as well as it would a 9-10 year old of the same weight. This is why the pullups don't fit you as good too. It's also the reason why adult diapers aren't sized based on a person weight too.

Coreyteen19 said:
Weight is totally subjective, because two people could weigh 52 Kilograms and one could be skinny and the other could be fat. Someone who is 52 KGs or 115 pounds and 6'2" would be very skinny, probably like 27"-28" waist. Compared to a person 52KG/115lbs who is 4'0" tall and would be heavyset if not fat for lack of a better term. Likely with a waist of around 36" or so.
The fact of the matter is the product states the maximum clothing size is size 14 which is typically 27 inches max waist size, and you have a 29" waist so you are actually not within the range the product was designed for.

The reason you can get the small ones on is likely due to the sketchiness of the sides, and the fact the haven't ripped is either luck or just because you have not worn them long enough.

You can believe me or not but it is pretty clear that the reason they are falling down is that the material was overstretched, and the longer it is stretched the weaker it gets. The material when stretched will either yield (rip or tear in lay-mans terms) or the bonds between the material will become weaker thus making it looser fitting.

OK to clear things up I'm 52kg and 168cm :) So most considered me as on the border of being Underweight. With that waist size I just guessed cause have no way of checking it don't have a meter. But I guessed 29 I might be 27 though I will never know until I check heh.

Coreyteen19 said:
OK to clear things up I'm 52kg and 168cm :) So most considered me as on the border of being Underweight. With that waist size I just guessed cause have no way of checking it don't have a meter. But I guessed 29 I might be 27 though I will never know until I check heh.
168 cm is like 5'5" for those of us used to heights in feet and inches, your Body Mass Index is 23 which is simply a healthy weight, it is not very plausible you have a 27 inch waist, or a 29, more likely it is 31 or 32.
Here is the chart
Body Mass Index
less than 15.0: Severely underweight
15.0 to 17.5: Underweight
17.5 to 23: Healthy Weight
23 to 38: Overweight
28 to 33: Moderately obese
33 to 38: Severely obese
more than 38: Very severely obese

If you ever get a measuring tape let us know what your waist measurement is...

okmis said:
168 cm is like 5'5" for those of us used to heights in feet and inches, your Body Mass Index is 23 which is simply a healthy weight, it is not very plausible you have a 27 inch waist, or a 29, more likely it is 31 or 32.
Here is the chart
Body Mass Index
less than 15.0: Severely underweight
15.0 to 17.5: Underweight
17.5 to 23: Healthy Weight
23 to 38: Overweight
28 to 33: Moderately obese
33 to 38: Severely obese
more than 38: Very severely obese

If you ever get a measuring tape let us know what your waist measurement is...

And just to iterate, that's -waist- not hips/belt measurement too. It's surprising how many people get these two mixed up.

UHH You're wrong Okims :( I just checked my BMI and here's what I got. Your BMI is: 18.4

Your BMI suggests you are underweight. And that's from Slimming World BMI calculator.

So I guess that there must be something going on.

Ps. Just checked my waist it is indeed 28

Coreyteen19 said:
UHH You're wrong Okims :( I just checked my BMI and here's what I got. Your BMI is: 18.4
There are a few different ways to calculate BMI so you can get some variation. Also it is possible one of us input the incorrect data. There is not one set way to calculate it, sorry I did not mention that, so one calculation may account for something another does not use. Also various experts have different ideas of what is a healthy weight or overweight or underweight.

Even if your waist is 28 that is an inch or two larger than what the product was designed for, good luck though in finding a solution to your issue.

Well The Ideal solution would probably be losing another 5KG and get to 27 or 26 waist :) I guess talking getting into weight of 47KG But I guess that would be just a beginning of Anorexia and I could get into some medical problems just to have that feeling of fitting in Smaller Diapers. Oh well what one wouldn't do just to feel great about themselves right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back