Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Drynites/Goodnites Problem

  1. #1

    Default Drynites/Goodnites Problem

    Hey just noticed that My L/XL Drynites keep sliding off me when wet. When dry they seem to be just OK. But once I wet it and do few steps they just slide off all the way down. OK I'm 29 Inch waist and can wear both S/M and L/XL sizes but find the L/XL more comfortable even though S/M Fits just right it's still too tight especially when all swelled up when wet. But at least they stay put when wet. Have any of you noticed the same ? Or It's just me?
    Ps. Huggies Pull-Ups = Drynites S/M sizewise ? just curious.
    Ps2. Did you know Pampers Baby Dry Size 7 Absorb almost 700ml. It's almost the same absorbency as Drynites L/XL. And they swell just as much too.

  2. #2

    Default

    part of the reason I prefer fastenable tabs, never liked underwear for just this reason

  3. #3

    Default

    just pointing out the obvious maybe, but these are pull-ups right? Those aren't going to be able to stay up so well when heavy. Also, they're intended primarily for overnight anyway, again probably not going to slide down your hips while you're in bed.

    FYI pullups CAN stay on your hips when wet, (as well as any other tabbed diaper) but the problem is they really need to be a close fit. Tabbed diapers you can tape just as tight as you need to so they are comfortable but stay up. Pullups just come in a few fixed sizes, so the odds aren't good that you're getting an exact fit. That's just the tradeoff you get for the convenience of a pullup

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyteen19 View Post
    Hey just noticed that My L/XL Drynites keep sliding off me when wet. When dry they seem to be just OK. But once I wet it and do few steps they just slide off all the way down. OK I'm 29 Inch waist and can wear both S/M and L/XL sizes but find the L/XL more comfortable even though S/M Fits just right it's still too tight especially when all swelled up when wet. But at least they stay put when wet. Have any of you noticed the same ? Or It's just me?
    Ps. Huggies Pull-Ups = Drynites S/M sizewise ? just curious.
    Ps2. Did you know Pampers Baby Dry Size 7 Absorb almost 700ml. It's almost the same absorbency as Drynites L/XL. And they swell just as much too.
    Do you wear during the day all the time, are you DL or IC? Like others said, not surprising that they are sliding off when wet due to the fact that you're on the low end of the L/XL sizing. I have the same issue with other pull-up types (Abena), when they are wet they want to come off. Onesies or boxers help a lot if you're going to be wearing them during the day wet.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ProudPaddedBro View Post
    Like others said, not surprising that they are sliding off when wet due to the fact that you're on the low end of the L/XL sizing
    29 inches is actually at the very top of the size range. The largest size corresponds to a clothing size of 14 for boys and roughly halfway between 12 and 14 for girls.
    Size 14 boys clothing is for 26-28 inch waist actually, so he would be actually a bit too big for size L/XL.
    The reason they may slide off though would be because you are actually too big and overstretching the material, because of this the material is weaker and not as strong and not staying in place as a result.
    I can tell you for a fact that the S/M will not even fit remotely close to the way they were intended by KC, even though you can pull them on barely and probably rip the sides a bit in the process, they would probably just stay on because of how tight the fit is until they just ripped completely on the sides or elsewhere.
    And the largest size of Huggies Pullups (4T-5T) is smaller than the size Small Goodnites, the size XS Goodnites may be pretty close though but still a bit larger.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by okmis View Post
    29 inches is actually at the very top of the size range. The largest size corresponds to a clothing size of 14 for boys and roughly halfway between 12 and 14 for girls.
    Size 14 boys clothing is for 26-28 inch waist actually, so he would be actually a bit too big for size L/XL.
    The reason they may slide off though would be because you are actually too big and overstretching the material, because of this the material is weaker and not as strong and not staying in place as a result.
    yeah, sadly pullups fans won't believe this no matter how true it is.

  7. #7

    Default

    Uhm I don't agree with first statement as I'm well within weight range on them it says 27-57 KG and I weigh 52 KG. So It seems like they should fit perfectly but no they slide off because I'm smaller in waist than average teen. How come I Can wear S/M size and don't even come close to ripping sides they fit OK but the only issue is they have smaller absorbency.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyteen19 View Post
    Uhm I don't agree with first statement as I'm well within weight range on them it says 27-57 KG and I weigh 52 KG. So It seems like they should fit perfectly but no they slide off because I'm smaller in waist than average teen. How come I Can wear S/M size and don't even come close to ripping sides they fit OK but the only issue is they have smaller absorbency.
    Babies (and kids to an extent) all have a much more typical body shape than adults do. As such, their diapers can be rated based on their weight. This is because manufacturers know to expect a certain body shape, as well as the amount of pee to be absorbed, when it's all based on that given weight.

    Because you're not a kid any more, that weight rating isn't going to apply to you as well as it would a 9-10 year old of the same weight. This is why the pullups don't fit you as good too. It's also the reason why adult diapers aren't sized based on a person weight too.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyteen19 View Post
    Uhm I don't agree with first statement as I'm well within weight range on them it says 27-57 KG and I weigh 52 KG. So It seems like they should fit perfectly but no they slide off because I'm smaller in waist than average teen. How come I Can wear S/M size and don't even come close to ripping sides they fit OK but the only issue is they have smaller absorbency.
    Weight is totally subjective, because two people could weigh 52 Kilograms and one could be skinny and the other could be fat. Someone who is 52 KGs or 115 pounds and 6'2" would be very skinny, probably like 27"-28" waist. Compared to a person 52KG/115lbs who is 4'0" tall and would be heavyset if not fat for lack of a better term. Likely with a waist of around 36" or so.
    The fact of the matter is the product states the maximum clothing size is size 14 which is typically 27 inches max waist size, and you have a 29" waist so you are actually not within the range the product was designed for.

    The reason you can get the small ones on is likely due to the sketchiness of the sides, and the fact the haven't ripped is either luck or just because you have not worn them long enough.

    You can believe me or not but it is pretty clear that the reason they are falling down is that the material was overstretched, and the longer it is stretched the weaker it gets. The material when stretched will either yield (rip or tear in lay-mans terms) or the bonds between the material will become weaker thus making it looser fitting.

  10. #10

    Default

    OK to clear things up I'm 52kg and 168cm So most considered me as on the border of being Underweight. With that waist size I just guessed cause have no way of checking it don't have a meter. But I guessed 29 I might be 27 though I will never know until I check heh.

Similar Threads

  1. Really having to wear Goodnites/Drynites
    By millerjim in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-Nov-2015, 03:49
  2. Does anyone else wear drynites/goodnites 24/7
    By goodnites101 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-Jul-2013, 02:52
  3. New goodnites/drynites
    By Vaippatytteli in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-Sep-2012, 00:33
  4. Drynites/Goodnites
    By Justo in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-Jul-2011, 17:36
  5. Drynites smaller than Goodnites?
    By Iweargoodnites in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2011, 01:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.