Infantile Regression Time - An Inner View...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
When in Infantile Regression Mode, the "inner thoughts" I have are as follows:

"Me Widdle"
"Me Baby"
"Me can not stand"
"Me can not walk"
"Me can not talk"
"Me in Dydee"
"Me wuv bear-bear"
"Me totally helpless"
"Me is defenseless"
"Me dry"
"Me wet"
"Me dirty"

Internally, I shut down cognitively to only internally think these "simple" thoughts and feelings.

There is more to "being a baby", than just putting a disposable adult diaper on your bottom.

One has to actually cognitively "think like a baby".

Internal cognition in a baby is only the simplest of thoughts and feelings, pretty-much devoid of the higher-level language function of an adult.

This is interesting, thanks for sharing. How long does it take you to slip into the full regression? Do you have any meditation like process to help? Also, if you go so deep how do you get out of it?

I doubt these are the dominant thoughts of a baby. A baby is discovering the world and depending on how old they are they see, hear, smell and feel differently...
With ABs I think we mostly move towards a really strange idea of what being a baby is like

pampersguy said:
I doubt these are the dominant thoughts of a baby. A baby is discovering the world and depending on how old they are they see, hear, smell and feel differently...
With ABs I think we mostly move towards a really strange idea of what being a baby is like

I think you're right. I don't think we have a very good sense of the inner monologue of babies or small children but I'd be really surprised if it was anything like that. I also don't think it matters. If it feels legitimate to one of us, that's their working model. They can classify it as play or something deeper but it's still a matter of how they express their urges and desires and if it works, it's a good thing. I doubt knowing what was really going on in the mind of a baby would make that any better.

I think for those of us that enjoy regressing and spending time in Little space.

Each one will find there one way of doing it.

For me I find regressing very easy I never that far away from sliping in to being a toddler.

But it is part of who I am. I never be a real grown up. Because I am a Little. Peter Pan syndrome rocks.

But there are triggers and tigers that will put me in AB heaven.

Being spoken to as a child.

Having the back of my neck stroked/ gently tickled.

Being put into a diaper and be charged.

If I am on my own I suck on my pasifer and cuddle Peter Rabbit and or Rex the Doggie. And I am soon in a childlike mind set. Where the biggest problem is which cartoon to watch.

You're absolutely right of course and I never intended to suggest these thoughts being wrong. If we feel a certain way thats fine no matter what.
I just intended to maybe raise some awareness of our desires and that they are not as babyish as we think they are but maybe to a big part induced by peoples view on babies. Personally I doubt being a baby or toddler is such a pleasent experience if you come back to it. Babies may cry up to 4 hours a day. Or even more. Means they are unhappy for that time and they have no other instrument to communicate this other than crying. I'm always sad when my daughter cries for no obvious reason as I know there must be a reason but I cannot help her.
The thing we love as ABs is the idea of being treated and behaving like a baby not necessarily being one. And yeah that seems nice bc it involves so much love and care. But being one is something our mind is not able to perform...We try our best though adjusting our mindset to the idea of a small person.

I am one of those people who actually has memories of being a baby. The thing is, the thoughts I had at that point were mostly averbal, and I certainly didn't think with a lisp.

If I were to verbalize the things I was thinking as a baby it was stuff like, "Where is mom?", "The music box is slowing down and will soon stop. That is both sad a beautiful - curious.", or, "I just realized that this design on my jumper represents a character. MIND BLOWN!" I don't know if those are all normal baby thoughts, but they were my thoughts.

I think that honestly getting into such a cognitive space as an adult is nearly impossible. Babies are unfamiliar with the world, we are not. Turning off he internal monologue is hard, as are the "I am so totally a baby right now" thoughts. One insurmountable difference is that as a baby I always wanted to be more independent. I enjoyed being taken care of in many ways, but I always wanted a bit more autonomy. That is basically the opposite of what we practice as adult babies and littles, where we actually want less responsibility.

And pampersguy is right, there are things about being a baby that suck. Being unable to communicate and relying on others for everything is frustrating. And you are so sensitive when you are little. Every bump, scrape, and shiver is a BIG deal. Sometimes you don't even know why you are upset, you just are and why won't anybody fix it?

That said, I think you can still recapture some of the magic of being little, but without the bad stuff. The comfort and affection of being cuddled, bottle fed or diapered is still viable. For some of us we can still get a big kick out of little activities, even if we come at them with an adult skill set. I will never be a true baby ever again, but part of me will always be little. =)

CuddleFish said:
I am one of those people who actually has memories of being a baby. The thing is, the thoughts I had at that point were mostly averbal, and I certainly didn't think with a lisp.

If I were to verbalize the things I was thinking as a baby it was stuff like, "Where is mom?", "The music box is slowing down and will soon stop. That is both sad a beautiful - curious.", or, "I just realized that this design on my jumper represents a character. MIND BLOWN!" I don't know if those are all normal baby thoughts, but they were my thoughts.

I think that honestly getting into such a cognitive space as an adult is nearly impossible. Babies are unfamiliar with the world, we are not. Turning off he internal monologue is hard, as are the "I am so totally a baby right now" thoughts. One insurmountable difference is that as a baby I always wanted to be more independent. I enjoyed being taken care of in many ways, but I always wanted a bit more autonomy. That is basically the opposite of what we practice as adult babies and littles, where we actually want less responsibility.

And pampersguy is right, there are things about being a baby that suck. Being unable to communicate and relying on others for everything is frustrating. And you are so sensitive when you are little. Every bump, scrape, and shiver is a BIG deal. Sometimes you don't even know why you are upset, you just are and why won't anybody fix it?

That said, I think you can still recapture some of the magic of being little, but without the bad stuff. The comfort and affection of being cuddled, bottle fed or diapered is still viable. For some of us we can still get a big kick out of little activities, even if we come at them with an adult skill set. I will never be a true baby ever again, but part of me will always be little. =)

Well said!

I only regress when nobody else is around and if I have nothing on my mind. When I feel like being a baby, I put a diaper on, slip into a onesie, grab a pacifier and stuffie, fill my bottle with milk or juice, and then lay down in bed watching PBS kids, or go to sleep.

I only get up if I need to change or refill my bottle. When I'm sleeping while diapered, I cuddle with my teddy, Tigger, or bunny. I'm a giant who likes to feel small at times.

I admit, that the "inner cognitive world" of real babies is pretty-much unknown.
All we adults have are "assumptions" of what is on the mind of a baby during a typical 24 hour day.

but it fun to try and think like an infant though :paci:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back