there is a first time for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Today marked another mile stone, had my first public change.
It was kind of nerve racking, because I didn't have a really good area to change in.
Lesson learned though, I need to locate a bathroom that has ample space.

scbaby said:
It was kind of nerve racking, because I didn't have a really good area to change in.

If you think a normal bathroom stall is tight for changing a diaper, wait till you have to do it in an airplane bathroom.

But you're right, always try to find a handicapped stall or family/disabled restoom. It's a real pita anywhere more cramped.

it gets easier. I honestly don't care at all now in public restrooms as long as I have a bit of space. I just lean against the stall wall or door. I don't care at all know if people can hear all the plastic or if it's obvious what I'm doing.

The only time it stresses me out is at work. I wish we had at least one single restroom here but we don't. I only change in there if no one is in there and that's rare. I usually go down to my building lobby where there is a sandwich shop that has a single person rest room.

Fortunately my work has a single stall bathroom in my department so that makes life easy plus out bathroom is huge.

Once I got past the fact that people could hear me and once my diaper was fairly secure it was easier. My diapers are I guess you'd call them cloth back so they don't make a ton of noise. Now some of the ones I have at home are plastic backed and crinkly I really like those for home use. But work and errands require something a little more discreet.

Oddly enough I will be flying to the east coast in October so I'll have to try to either wear a diaper with a big capacity or attempt to change in a broom closet (aka an airplane bathroom).

scbaby said:
Fortunately my work has a single stall bathroom in my department so that makes life easy plus out bathroom is huge.

Once I got past the fact that people could hear me and once my diaper was fairly secure it was easier. My diapers are I guess you'd call them cloth back so they don't make a ton of noise. Now some of the ones I have at home are plastic backed and crinkly I really like those for home use. But work and errands require something a little more discreet.

Oddly enough I will be flying to the east coast in October so I'll have to try to either wear a diaper with a big capacity or attempt to change in a broom closet (aka an airplane bathroom).

Being able to change in an airplane restroom is an acomplishment in its self. Honestly I'd recommend you go with the super absorbent diaper though.

scbaby said:
Go to google play or to the Coloplast website and download the app "wheelmate" it will use your GPS to tell you all the known local bathrooms to you what they offer , and anything known about there cleanliness, maintenance and so forth , you can make a favorites list as well update the database if you know a bathroom that hasn t been put in the app yet , it's very handy for finding accessible restrooms and "family style" bathrooms , it works all over the world , it's your personal bathroom GPS .

Ps pretty soon airplanes are going to have in cabin wheelchair tie downs and bathrooms that are bigger than broom closet .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back