leaks, and floods

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm considering heading to urgent care today because the leakage episodes are becoming more and more frequent, and have been having the pleasure of floods more regularly. I'm concerned.

Luckily my diapers and other undergarments have been holding up and haven't had any leaks from them.

Now for those who have gone through this with their doctor, (and I'm still new to all of this) I have seen my doc and have been officially diagnosed with IC but we've only had 2 visits and I have had 1 with my urologist.
What are some of the follow up exams and what do they entail?
I'm getting concerned that there is something more going on.

As a brief summary of my medical issues and there is a link between one of the conditions and my IC, I have had several Kidney stones and never went to the doctor or hospital, so from what I've been told and have read (doc said this first) that kidney stones and IC go hand in hand or at least the stones can be a factor in what causes IC.

Any additional info you all can share or your story about how you were diagnosed and the treatments would be awesome.

HeronimusM.
I'll ask about that. That would be a very logical test.

That bladder size exam is actually part of a urodynamics study. The full study will give your urologist a lot more info for whats going on. Most don't even seem to be able to do anything for you without that info too, so you really should get it done.

Be for warned though. It is outright uncomfortable at best, and painful as crap at worst. This is where they insert a special catheter in you, and slowly fill up your bladder with water, then watch what your bladder does in response. You then try to pee the catheter out, which gives them more data.

The results of it all then gives your urologist a much better picture of what's wrong, and as such an idea of what you need in resonse. As bad and embarrassing as the study can be, it really is important to have it done.

It is quite understandable to be a bit fearful about these tests. Many incontinents have gone through them four or five times. While the urology tests are not pleasant, they were not nearly so bad as I had feared.:eek: It is far better to undergo some minor discomfort (plus a LOT of embarrassment) in order to receive a good examination and an accurate medical diagnosis than to risk the unknown. As a result of my tests, I learned something about my own limits that was helpful in managing my incontinence. Don't put off the tests if your doctor thinks you need them.

--John

incon from kidney stones is pretty rare. Could happen but prob not in most cases.

Describe your symptoms in more detail. Constant leaking and dribbling? Sudden powerful urges and uncontrollable bladder contractions?

Anyone with incon should at some point probably have a full blood workup, cystoscopy, and urodynamics study.

Any doc who fails to order theses tests is not doing their job. And these tests SUCK by the way, but it worth enduring them to get answers (or at least rule out serious illnesses).

First they will probably do an ultra sound and possibly cystoscopy. The cystoscope is painful, but they will get to see the inside of your bladder.

MassIncon said:
incon from kidney stones is pretty rare. Could happen but prob not in most cases.

Describe your symptoms in more detail. Constant leaking and dribbling? Sudden powerful urges and uncontrollable bladder contractions?

Anyone with incon should at some point probably have a full blood workup, cystoscopy, and urodynamics study.

Any doc who fails to order theses tests is not doing their job. And these tests SUCK by the way, but it worth enduring them to get answers (or at least rule out serious illnesses).

Yes incontinence from kidney stones is very rare but I can happen. I have suffered several of these and they are horrible.

However I am willing to do what it takes to get the answers I seek.

I range from dribble (it's a constant thing) to holy crap I have to go NOW (that's when the bathroom at work is occupied of course right). However being diapered helps. My HR person has been working with me and my supervisor to make sure I can get to the restroom quickly, and have that extra time to change if I have a flood incident. She is understanding of my situation.

So to elaborate a bit more, (I know this is going to be a little TMI) BUT I just went to the restroom (I'm at home) and I'm already dribbling.

I wanted to share this from a Facebook group I'm a part of, I'll quote the post, "how long do I have to wear diapers before I become incontinent?"
My response was
You don't want to endure this. It is awful. To paraphrase I concluded with I wouldn't wish incontinence on my worst enemy.

I don't understand people why they'd wish to become incontinent.

mayhem said:
First they will probably do an ultra sound and possibly cystoscopy. The cystoscope is painful, but they will get to see the inside of your bladder.

I've had that done WAY too many times. If done correctly, it is not any more painful than having a catheter inserted.

- - - Updated - - -

scbaby said:
[snip]...I don't understand people why they'd wish to become incontinent.

Because for some people, being incontinent is just a part of their own body image. In this regard it's quite similar to how a guy can want to become a woman (or vice versa). I'd guess most probably don't understand that either, but that's ok. You don't need to understand it, just accept that for some this is just who we are.

Of course, there's also a BIG difference in being functionally incontinent like we want (similar to your always dripping), versus being urge incontinent (that intense omg got to go feeling) we obviously don't want. In other words, it isn't the pain or constant thinking about peeing we want, it's the exact opposite.

Being able to sleep through the nigh, or go about our day without needing to worry about getting to a bathroom. Being comforted by having a suddenly warm and wet diaper between our legs without realising when it got that way. And who knows, maybe even having someone lovingly care for us during an intimate diaper change. Heck, you shouldn't be asking who would want that, you should be asking who wouldn't want that.

scbaby said:
Yes incontinence from kidney stones is very rare but I can happen. I have suffered several of these and they are horrible.

However I am willing to do what it takes to get the answers I seek.

I range from dribble (it's a constant thing) to holy crap I have to go NOW (that's when the bathroom at work is occupied of course right). However being diapered helps. My HR person has been working with me and my supervisor to make sure I can get to the restroom quickly, and have that extra time to change if I have a flood incident. She is understanding of my situation.

So to elaborate a bit more, (I know this is going to be a little TMI) BUT I just went to the restroom (I'm at home) and I'm already dribbling.

I wanted to share this from a Facebook group I'm a part of, I'll quote the post, "how long do I have to wear diapers before I become incontinent?"
My response was
You don't want to endure this. It is awful. To paraphrase I concluded with I wouldn't wish incontinence on my worst enemy.

I don't understand people why they'd wish to become incontinent.

Sounds like something more complicated than OAB related urge incon if you're having a constant dribble too.

Are you diabetic? I understand diabetic neuropathy can cause an inability to sense the need to go so your bladder way overfills and then can just leak steadily...this can happen if you also have OAB which could explain the urge based accidents too. there can be other neurological causes other than diabetes too with the same symptoms.

OR, assuming you're male, it could be a prostate thing causing the dribble. You could have BPH or other prostate issue along with OAB/urge incon.

Regarding the people who want to be incon, yeah I agree. Kind of a careful what you wish for type of thing. I'm not ABDL so I never saw the appeal of diapers, but I understand fetishes. I get that people could be into diapers as a fetish but anyone who wishes they were incon really has no idea what they'd be dealing with. the cost, inconvenience, humiliation, and modifications you have to make to your lifestyle can be very burdensome. I think we all eventually figure it out and can manage to have full lives, but incontinence is a huge pain in the ass.

The testing isn't bad and gives the doc info sometimes a lot sometimes a little ,many times for "virgins" they scope you with a little valium on board and lidocaine jelly , that's how my first one was , now I am so used to it I can carry on a conversation with doctor or nurse and not skip a beat ( if your a science nerd its all kinds of cool to look inside your own body) urodynamic testing isnt the most fun you can have in a day but if you think about all of us that have gone before you and keep it in perspective it's just something you need to do, no worse then your first or last digital prostate exam, and if you have ever had stones far far easier then dealing with them. Going to E.D will just cost you money and time nothing really gets accomplished , seeing your urologist is far more productive .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back