Not open for further replies.

MommyzPaghetti

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Im looking to start trying premium non-abdl diapers, and i had always wanted to get molicare, but ive never seen a definitive answer on the quality, fit, or absorbency. Most of the reviews I've seen have conflicted each other, kind of sending me mixed signals.

Also open for suggestions on other non abdl diapers as well. (Tena, abena, or whatever.)

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk

Molicares are fine. You should also consider Abena M-4s, Dry 24/7s, and Tranquility ATNs.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha
How would you rank them? Ive heard good things about the northshore stuff too but i havent found what all the buzz is about. And yeah, the m4s were going to be my first premium diaper, but i ended up getting dc idyls instead. Ive since moved to abu and havent gone back.

Well I 1st could get through the night in the first attends waist band diapers. But then they thinned out. So I started to use tranquility atn. My wetting to. Bad for them. So I went with Molicare. Same thing happened in time. So it depends on your level of need,

I prefer Dry 24/7s at night, Tranquility ATNs for when I want a thinner diaper during the day, and M-4s for when I want a more absorbent diaper during the day. They're all good brands. For me, it just depends on the situation.

Nothing against Abenas or Molicares but with the advances on the high end of diapers, they don't really quality as premium anymore. I'm not an Abena expert but many here who pay attention believe their quality has dropped. I still like Abena M4s as an inexpensive diaper that holds a reasonable amount. Molicares, despite their appealing soft plastic shell, had padding that clumped up when wet too often for my taste.

I think it's a good idea to try what's out there. Diapers are very personal, and sometimes you'll find that you feel the opposite of many others when you try a product for yourself. I'd just say that by the numbers, if you're using ABU, you have access to some of the best diapers available.

i use molicare only at nite. I think it is the closest diaper that performs like cloth, but is a disposable. But this I mean it wicks from back to front. I like that in a nite diaper. My daytime favorites are northshore supreme for fit and feel and betterdry for absolute trust. Betterdry will expand like crazy. But it won't leak, that's what I mean when i say absolute trust. Northshore is good for one flooding, but the next one will leak. Also, the leakguards are not very high, and it is easy to pee over them, and again, you have a leak.

I agree, abu is the most premium i have ever used. The only bone i have to pick about abu is the landing strip not making contact in some places at the bottom, which is a very small detail and has never been an issue, so theyre very satisfactory. And the prints are just too cute :)

ArchtopK said:
i use molicare only at nite. I think it is the closest diaper that performs like cloth, but is a disposable. But this I mean it wicks from back to front. I like that in a nite diaper. My daytime favorites are northshore supreme for fit and feel and betterdry for absolute trust. Betterdry will expand like crazy. But it won't leak, that's what I mean when i say absolute trust. Northshore is good for one flooding, but the next one will leak. Also, the leakguards are not very high, and it is easy to pee over them, and again, you have a leak.
Thank you, that is some very valuable info.

I used to love the Molicare Super Plus. I used up a bunch of cases of them between 2012-2014. Haven't tried them since, due to a change in my life situation, but I remember them being very high quality. They were great for extended wear, flights or any long commute really, and fantastic for keeping dry at night. They also really gave that warm and fuzzy diaper feeling, being as they were on the thicker side and made with soft plastic - Not to mention the added bonus of the great color.

Unfortunately, I agree with Trevor that most of the quality diapers have either disappeared or lost their quality. This is just an observation though, as I've been out it for a while.

I would stay well clear of modern Molicare. I had used them a longtime ago and thought the my were overrated back then but the last 5-10 years my experience has been they are junk and getting junkier every year.

Unfortunately all the medical diaper makers are shrinkflation practitioners.

Haven't worn a molcare in close to a decade, they wern't super thick but they were pretty absorbent and they swelled.

Like others have mentioned the new ones suffer by cost cutting, I use to wear the all purple ones back in the day, i wasn't fond of the color but they did a decent job, now there a junk diaper and with so many other premiums on the market for relatively the same price there's no reason to buy them.

I've had some Molicare Super Plus diapers recently. I really like them. They're between a Tena Slip Maxi and Abena M4 in terms of thickness . . . pretty quiet, and they seem to do a good job.

As pointed out by others here, the pulp tends to bunch during extended wear.

They're also super soft and comfortable. One of my favourites for sure.

I honestly have seen no change in Molicare quality in the switch from purple to blue. I have used them every nite for at least 17 years now and there has been no change in plastic feel, in pad thickness, size or wicking performance. I really like the new blue color. There is little if any SAP, so I really don't think of them as a day time diaper where you need a higher trust factor.

Thank you for the advice everyone. Ill give them a shot, just to say i did. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back