Does it matter to you much what diaper type ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The things I care about are:

Must be fully-plastic backed
Must be moderate to high absobency
Must fit well, without leaks
Must have standing leg-guards
Ideally has elasticated rear waistband
Ideally thicker, non-stretchy plastic (so it stays in place and doesn't tear)

I thought I'd like cloth diapers, but they're just too much hassle and feel weird after trying disposable adult diapers (even though I was raised in cloth). And the plastic-cloth-like disposables are just rubbish. Saggy, leaky and impractical.

As long as it's thick, comfy and holds a lot it's good with me.

I prefer tape on. I like plastic backed but I prefer cloth backed in this heat.

Nothing beats thick, crinkly plastic disposable diapers! The more colourful, the better :) My favourite designs are MyDiaper Colour, Crinklz and little paws.
I also use regular baby diapers, too. Nothing beats Pampers Baby Dry.. they are so cute, too. I wish those designs would come in adult size..

I do love the new hybrid diapers, like Tena has, they work the best when on the road. They are discreet, and have plastic outer shell but they don't sweat, it's perfection.

Only thing I just haaaate is reusable cloth diapers. They are so incredibly gross. I like to feel dry in my diapers, and peeing in cloth is just.. ugh. Nasty wetness, the gross feeling of soaking fabric. It really puts me off! ID Expert, Betterdry and Tena are the best diapers to feel dry in, even though they have lasted all day on you. I do like using diapers for their intended purpose, but I don't like to feel wet, soggy and gross :(

TyphaHare said:
Nothing beats thick, crinkly plastic disposable diapers! The more colourful, the better :) My favourite designs are MyDiaper Colour, Crinklz and little paws.
I also use regular baby diapers, too. Nothing beats Pampers Baby Dry.. they are so cute, too. I wish those designs would come in adult size..

I do love the new hybrid diapers, like Tena has, they work the best when on the road. They are discreet, and have plastic outer shell but they don't sweat, it's perfection.

Only thing I just haaaate is reusable cloth diapers. They are so incredibly gross. I like to feel dry in my diapers, and peeing in cloth is just.. ugh. Nasty wetness, the gross feeling of soaking fabric. It really puts me off! ID Expert, Betterdry and Tena are the best diapers to feel dry in, even though they have lasted all day on you. I do like using diapers for their intended purpose, but I don't like to feel wet, soggy and gross :([/QUOTE

I also love the old tena slips (not new fabric type) and the plastic ID extra which are very cheap but feel great and kinda designed in traditional way which resonates with being a child

The most important thing for me is absorbancy. If it leaks too easily I don't feel comfortable wearing it.
If that's satisfied then I consider other factors.

The diaper being tape on is important, since to me pull up style implies trying to potty train or something.

I don't want to try bambino's manifco (sp?) because its been described as "cloth backed" or something to that effect. That is a turn off because to me cloth backed implies the "looks and feels like underwear" tagline used by a lot of store brand diapers. Though I could be wrong about this. If I am, feel free to correct me.

I must admit is the visual style of the diaper matters to me. I want something that looks like it could be a baby diaper either because its plain white or has a babyish print. Sadly ABU's space diaper doesn't satisfy this for me since the style and print seem more like a boy's pullup or boy's training pants. Thus I can't have the best absorbancy on the market and the print I want.

hex000f said:
The most important thing for me is absorbancy. If it leaks too easily I don't feel comfortable wearing it.
If that's satisfied then I consider other factors.

The diaper being tape on is important, since to me pull up style implies trying to potty train or something.

I don't want to try bambino's manifco (sp?) because its been described as "cloth backed" or something to that effect. That is a turn off because to me cloth backed implies the "looks and feels like underwear" tagline used by a lot of store brand diapers. Though I could be wrong about this. If I am, feel free to correct me.

I must admit is the visual style of the diaper matters to me. I want something that looks like it could be a baby diaper either because its plain white or has a babyish print. Sadly ABU's space diaper doesn't satisfy this for me since the style and print seem more like a boy's pullup or boy's training pants. Thus I can't have the best absorbancy on the market and the print I want.

Magnificos are plastic backed, and quite cute. The sides stretch, and here's the part that probably made you think they were cloth backed, they Velcro. I know they look kinda clothlike, but trust me. They're not, or bambino would be out of stock, for the Magnifcos would be mine, all mine! Mwahahaha!

Keep looking on the ABU site because Casey just bought out a bunch of competitors.

Me? I like either real, "pop it in the washer," cloth, about which I'm ridiculously picky. I like snaps instead of Velcro, because the sound isn't as loud, but I'd rather them be hidden under a non-waterproof outer, so they're not visible. I also like the non-waterproof outer because the waterproof PUL doesn't make as much much, if any, sound. If I have to go disposable, clothlike backed disposables in cute prints, of which there's only one adorable, if not all-over, option. I also like blue cores. Still waiting for an AB/Little pull-up.

Last edited:
I'm also auite picky. For me, a diaper has to actually work as it's intended. I really don't care too much for how they look, or what brand it is, but if they leak on me prematurely or too often, then they are as good as trash. That said, once I know a diaper will work good, them I'm all in for some great baby prints too.

So far, that's been limited to confidry, northshore, and betterdry. For the prints, only crinklz actually works good first then has prints too. All others are as good as trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back