fears

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So when I travel this October, I'm planning on bringing some of my little stuff along so I have something to do while alone in my hotel room.

My fear is one of the house keeping staff will find it, and otherwise make a mockery of it in some way especially because my overnight diapers will be in at least one of the trash cans.

The list of things that will be coming with me are
My teddy
Some books and puzzles
My pacis
My diapers of course
Some onsies
And my "big" person (aka adult) clothes.

Do I put all.my things back into my suitcase? I'm scared. I really don't want anyone to judge me because of something that they don't understand. The diapers are easy to have an excuse for except for me it's not an excuse I'm IC. But my little stuff that's a more difficult thing to have an excuse for.

The house keeping staff will find all the other stuff only if you leave it out in plain view. They don't have time to go through customers stuff unless they're doing it on purpose to steal items. When that happens, customers complain, they get caught and go to jail, so 99.9 percent of the time they're not going to go through your stuff.

There are some of us who would actually enjoy being "caught" by strangers. It's a theme found in a lot of Diaper stories on different sites. And to be honest, they've seen it all. You would be one of many and forgotten the next day.

I would just put everything back in your suitcase and close it up. Then go about your business and forget about the room, housecleaning and your suitcase till you get back in the evening.

If you want to be a little daring, I think leaving your teddy out would be fine. I have read some other threads where people have done this and the housecleaning staff have either ignored the teddy bear or thoughtfully put the teddy bear back on your pillow.

BabyDenise said:
I would just put everything back in your suitcase and close it up. Then go about your business and forget about the room, housecleaning and your suitcase till you get back in the evening.

If you want to be a little daring, I think leaving your teddy out would be fine. I have read some other threads where people have done this and the housecleaning staff have either ignored the teddy bear or thoughtfully put the teddy bear back on your pillow.
Having my teddy waiting for me on my pillow would be so amazing.

As someone who works the front desk as a hotel i will say housekeeping is very busy and will most likely pay no mind to your stuff especially if you leave your stuff you dont want them to see in your suitcase. There job is to be in and out of a room as quick as possible at least at my location since we have 99 rooms. As far as disposing of diapers i'd suggest bagging it and going to one of their public bathrooms and disposing of it in that trash can if you want to be discreet.

DprEffect said:
As someone who works the front desk as a hotel i will say housekeeping is very busy and will most likely pay no mind to your stuff especially if you leave your stuff you dont want them to see in your suitcase. There job is to be in and out of a room as quick as possible at least at my location since we have 99 rooms. As far as disposing of diapers i'd suggest bagging it and going to one of their public bathrooms and disposing of it in that trash can if you want to be discreet.
That's very reassuring thank you. I would honestly not really care too much about my little clothes as most look like normal everyday clothing items but my paci is another thing entirely as are my other little things that would be a dead giveaway. But yes my suitcase will be my fortress for my little stuff.

Thank you. And I'll be hauling some disposal bags that are black in color, so I don't think there'll be much of a question about it.

For security purposes should I lock my bags? Outside of my littles things my $4000 dollar camera and 2500 in gear is coming with me. Should I secure it? The camera will be more than likely be on me when I'm out and about.

You could buy a lock. I'd also check if your hotel has safety deposit boxs for guest. Most do. With that expensive of a camera though yeah i would secure it just to be on the safe side.

scbaby said:
That's very reassuring thank you. I would honestly not really care too much about my little clothes as most look like normal everyday clothing items but my paci is another thing entirely as are my other little things that would be a dead giveaway. But yes my suitcase will be my fortress for my little stuff.

Thank you. And I'll be hauling some disposal bags that are black in color, so I don't think there'll be much of a question about it.

For security purposes should I lock my bags? Outside of my littles things my $4000 dollar camera and 2500 in gear is coming with me. Should I secure it? The camera will be more than likely be on me when I'm out and about.
To be honest, I wouldn't leave anything valuable in the room. I'd had an experience in Memphis TN at the Clarion hotel that really changed my comfort level in hotels. My room was robbed as I slept. That's right, as I slept. They didn't kick the door in. They must've simply got a key card from the front desk, or it was the hotel staff... My gut tells me it was the staff because they told the police that all of the security cameras were broken which seems fishy. The monitor displaying different sections of the hotel including the exit where my bags were found. Police refused to actually see if they were actually broken. My bags were dragged downstairs from the 3rd floor and the contents were scattered in the parking lot.

I ended up losing my cellphone, laptop, and my wallet with a few hundred dollars I it, and probably a few more items that I can't remember.

Just be aware of what kind of area you're staying at, The staff, and the security.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
To be honest, I wouldn't leave anything valuable in the room. I'd had an experience in Memphis TN at the Clarion hotel that really changed my comfort level in hotels. My room was robbed as I slept. That's right, as I slept. They didn't kick the door in. They must've simply got a key card from the front desk, or it was the hotel staff... My gut tells me it was the staff because they told the police that all of the security cameras were broken which seems fishy. The monitor displaying different sections of the hotel including the exit where my bags were found. Police refused to actually see if they were actually broken. My bags were dragged downstairs from the 3rd floor and the contents were scattered in the parking lot.

I ended up losing my cellphone, laptop, and my wallet with a few hundred dollars I it, and probably a few more items that I can't remember.

Just be aware of what kind of area you're staying at, The staff, and the security.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The camera will be with me while I'm out and about. I take whatI need and leave the rest. But I'll make sure to secure the camera with the front desk if I don't plan on taking it with me.

Per my other things a lock on my bag seems sufficient but the camera is another story entirely. I may move the camera body into my suitcase along with my little supplies and diapers that way I get robbed at least the main camera (the really expensive one) would be more secure. I'm also a light sleeper so that's a good thing.

Most hotels strongly suggest not leaving anything of 'value' in your room. The cut-off for that is up to you.

Certainly a $4500 camera fits that bill.

Except for short trips to the snack or ice machines, I always take my camera, laptop and backpack (which has some papers, keys and some other things) with me if I leave my room. Otherwise, I leave everything in the room.

I sleep with a teddy bear and bring her with me on most trips. She also wears a diaper and a bib. I often leave her out on the bed, or on top of my bag in plain sight. I have never had any complaints or problems doing this, though a few "that's so cute" comments have come up.

I also have a bag full of diapers, wipes, cream, etc. And, I will throw out my old diapers in the bins in the room. This too has never once led to a problem of any kind.

What's the worst that can happen? One of the maids could see it, think "ewww, sick!" and then talk about it with the other maids. Still, nothing will happen. What will they do? Write about it in the maids papers? Compose a song about that weird guy? Nope, nothing. Because they see weird stuff every day. And yours will just be the average weird. I don't wanna know what really crazy people have in their suitcases.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I was reading reviews on hotels in Georgia where I was planning on stopping for one night. One hotel looked really nice, and the reviews were mostly positive, but three of the people claimed they recently had the exact same experience you had where they were robbed while they slept. That's definitely one of those scary situations that could go extremely bad very fast.

I did a little research on the internet and discovered that you could get plans for making a device to 'trick' many of the electronic locks on hotel room doors to unlock. The hotel industry is aware of this and the newer locks that use a key card without a magnetic strip and doesn't require direct contact is safe from this device. From what I read 5 years ago, about half the electronic hotel locks in the U.S. were vulnerable to this gizmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back