Why is Bambino so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
paddeddownthere said:
From a business perspective Bambino is really losing fast. Think about how fast companies like Tykables and Abuniverse have grown. Obviously Tykables is expanding into clothing more than diapers as of now. Bambino isn't really innovating, therefore they are not keeping up with this fast growing and evolving industry. Other companies have to be swallowing all the market share. Bambino is stagnant with 2000s prices.

Personally, I don't care if Bambino doesn't have clothing. I'm not an AB, therefore it doesn't matter to me.
I also don't go for who has the Cutest diaper designs.

babylea said:
All diaper companies are greedy and way to expensive.. you only have to look at the mathmatics behind it all to see what i mean..

An average adult diaper, is 8 Times bigger than a baby diaper. That is 2 x as wide, 2 x as long, and 2 times as thick, that works out to be 8 times the size..

now you can buy 90 pampers from aldi for just over 10 pounds.. Now if you devide that by 8, that would mean that we should be able to purchase diapers, Just like baby diapers for 11 for 10 pounds..

thats just over 1 pound per diaper.. now pampers make a lot of money per diaper.. even at that price.. so they are all just greedy.

Babylea

That's not how economics works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeafiniteLittle said:
2 bags/half case (16 diapers) $44
$2.75 each

4 bags/case (48 diapers) $98
$2.00 each

This is more expensive per piece than ABU Little Paws at $156 for a case of 80 diapers at $1.95 each, not to mention the extra 32 diapers with ABU as Bambino doesn't do a full bag.

Well first off if you're looking at bag or sample prices at all you're going to see very high per piece costs, regardless of who you look at. Only compare by-the-case-shipped cost to be fair.

Right now, premium ABDL diapers are going on the average of rock bottom of about $1.50/pc, up close to $3/pc. (a few are higher, very few are lower) SaveExpress's MyDiaper line is probably the best "value ABDL" diaper going right now. Bambino's standard line go for around $2/pc but aren't the best in capacity so their price seems to be quite reasonable. Bellissimo and Magnifico of course go for more. I really don't see anything out of line from them.

And as others have said, they're a company. They're in business to do business, not to provide you with cheap diapers. They've got bean counters, and know how to balance their costs and their prices. There's a price curve on a graph where raising prices lowers sales and lowering prices raises sales. That curve has a maximum where price x sales is at its greatest point, and that's generally how any business sets their prices. You don't need to tell them that higher prices means fewer sales, they're very well aware of that. And they also know that if they lower prices and get increased sales. that (lower)prices x (higher)sales is going to be a smaller number. Lowering prices just won't increase sales enough to justify doing it, in the end it will cost them money. So they do the smart thing and leave it alone.

Also, $1.95 vs $2.00, I don't even see how you could possibly compare two different products and identify such a small difference in value. Maybe if you're out to say $1.50 vs $2.00, but really, arguing over a nickel in a two dollar product?

bambinod said:
Also, $1.95 vs $2.00, I don't even see how you could possibly compare two different products and identify such a small difference in value. Maybe if you're out to say $1.50 vs $2.00, but really, arguing over a nickel in a two dollar product?

I'm not really upset over a 5 cent difference, what upsets me is that their charging more money for less product in the fact of their case size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeafiniteLittle said:
I'm not really upset over a 5 cent difference, what upsets me is that their charging more money for less product in the fact of their case size.

If you're figuring cost by piece and have already factored in shipping, what does case size matter? Half as many diapers in the case? So order two cases??

Though it is true that the seller can somewhat lower shipping costs (that get passed on to the customer) by selling in larger cases. But I don't know what the price difference is for a business. Shipping rates are calculated on all three dimensions LxWxH and weight also factors in. Looking at companies that don't build in shipping costs, it looks like shipping is $25-35 per case, and I don't see any clear correlation between pieces/case and cost, though I'm sure there is to some degree. I'd be interested to see those numbers if you have them.

babylea said:
All diaper companies are greedy and way to expensive.. you only have to look at the mathmatics behind it all to see what i mean..

An average adult diaper, is 8 Times bigger than a baby diaper. That is 2 x as wide, 2 x as long, and 2 times as thick, that works out to be 8 times the size..

now you can buy 90 pampers from aldi for just over 10 pounds.. Now if you devide that by 8, that would mean that we should be able to purchase diapers, Just like baby diapers for 11 for 10 pounds..

thats just over 1 pound per diaper.. now pampers make a lot of money per diaper.. even at that price.. so they are all just greedy.

Babylea

You're also not taking into account the machinery to make adult diapers is bigger, shipping is bigger, and they are making a lot fewer adult diapers than baby diapers.

It's Because It's a quality product and these days You have to pay extra for good Quality products.
I guess that sums it up.
If you can't afford ABDL Diapers you buy generic ones, same goes for food If you want to stay healthy you buy at M&S and Waitrose or Whole Foods Market for US folks If you don't care or can't afford it you buy anywhere else.
That's pretty much how's things are these days economy, and corporations are ruling the world and unless you are born to Aristocracy Upper Class parents with Political connotations or past you are highly likely to never make ANY impact on today's world.

bambinod said:
Well first off if you're looking at bag or sample prices at all you're going to see very high per piece costs, regardless of who you look at. Only compare by-the-case-shipped cost to be fair.

Right now, premium ABDL diapers are going on the average of rock bottom of about $1.50/pc, up close to $3/pc. (a few are higher, very few are lower) SaveExpress's MyDiaper line is probably the best "value ABDL" diaper going right now. Bambino's standard line go for around $2/pc but aren't the best in capacity so their price seems to be quite reasonable. Bellissimo and Magnifico of course go for more. I really don't see anything out of line from them.

And as others have said, they're a company. They're in business to do business, not to provide you with cheap diapers. They've got bean counters, and know how to balance their costs and their prices. There's a price curve on a graph where raising prices lowers sales and lowering prices raises sales. That curve has a maximum where price x sales is at its greatest point, and that's generally how any business sets their prices. You don't need to tell them that higher prices means fewer sales, they're very well aware of that. And they also know that if they lower prices and get increased sales. that (lower)prices x (higher)sales is going to be a smaller number. Lowering prices just won't increase sales enough to justify doing it, in the end it will cost them money. So they do the smart thing and leave it alone.

Idk...but you have to look at it from this perspective if comparing prices : bambino - 40 magnifico's @ $2.66 a piece so a case of bambino is $128.00, ABU offers a 1/2 case of little paws (40 diapers) @ $2.12 a piece so a 1/2 case or 40 diapers is $84.99, both products include shipping... the difference in cost per unit is .54 cents...but these are businesses and they sell a product people want, each company operates differently.. what it comes down to is buy what you like.

There's also a less obvious factor here that they've been around for a long time and have had a pretty consistent product line over the years. Kind of makes them a "name brand", like why do you pay a little more for Johnson & Johnson baby powder than you do for the generic?

bambinod said:
There's also a less obvious factor here that they've been around for a long time and have had a pretty consistent product line over the years. Kind of makes them a "name brand", like why do you pay a little more for Johnson & Johnson baby powder than you do for the generic?
Yes sir :)

I buy tena active slip from them because they are the only u.s distributor and they are a decent price. Also I really like the bianco ultrastretch but they are a bit more than I can afford at this time, additionally I don't particularly care for any of their other diapers mainly because there's only 48 per case, of course if I want (and can afford it) more I get 2 cases but i do prefer at least 60 in a case. Personally I have pretty much gone to wearing only abdl diapers because the quality is just better and to get that extra bang sometimes got to put up a few extra bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back