Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions about 24/7 wearing

Default Questions about 24/7 wearing

Any 24/7 wearers willing to share some math with me?
    Like what brand you wear, how much you go through in a month and the average end of the month cost to refill your stock on diapers?

What size/brand do you wear and how much it can hold?
    Is it best to wear a certain brand in the day and a different one at night? and what type of pants are best at hiding the bulge when you are in public?

about 4 a day using depends a bag of 20 is 12 dollars sometimes with stuffers factor 2 stuffers a day at about 9 dollars for 30

it comes out to about 3 dollars a day so 90 a month 6 bags of depends, and 2 bags of walmart equate overnight pads.

I averaged $2,350 annually on diapers and supplies for the past two years. I wear almost exclusively AB/DL premium diapers, right now my favorites are ABU Preschool Cloth & Plastic for daytime, Tykables PLeather because leather events and it's fun, Tykables Overnights for overnight, and quite a few ABU puppy paws for heavy days / evenings. 3-5 changes a day is typical.

Best type of pants - one size two big, preferably tried on while wearing my thickest diaper wet... No particular brand or type - not spandex, LOL!

Am I not covered by my medical insurance so I don't know how much it actually cost does zero cost out of pocket to me but I'm medically in incontinent and I go through two cases a month plus a case and doublers which is about about 4 diapers a day unless I have the runs

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

CVS brand are 11 bucks and you get around 15 I think. I'll run through a pack in 3-5 days depending on my leakage episodes.
    At night it really varies from night to night. Some nights are better I will wake up relatively dry and others I'll wake up with a full diaper. But the nighttime diaper right now is a CVS brand brief, they are 9 bucks and are about 15 per package.

Now I have ordered some adult diapers from an abdl shop online they were (with shipping) .0 bucks and come 12 per pack. So 30/12 that's $2.50 a day at $75 a month
    The others break-down to
    CVS briefs 1.66 per diaper at 50 a month
    CVS brand diaper .73 per diaper and 22 a month.
    That's 147 a month

I didn't factor in the sample pack I got because it was only a 2 pack and was 10 dollars.

The magnifico diapers hold a lot and are comfortable. The CVS brand are not as comfy but hold a lot. The CVS brand brief is best for light flows and they leak if overfilled <~~~~ not good for nighttime.
    My suggestion is get some sample packs and see what works best for you. Rearz.ca is a good place to start.
    ABU I have heard good things (they are in my que to order from).
    Some like the diapers with prints others like a plain white diaper, each should tell you their absorbency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DonGlover View Post
    Any 24/7 wearers willing to share some math with me?
    Like what brand you wear, how much you go through in a month and the average end of the month cost to refill your stock on diapers?

What size/brand do you wear and how much it can hold?
    Is it best to wear a certain brand in the day and a different one at night? and what type of pants are best at hiding the bulge when you are in public?
    Yes for the daytime vs nighttime
    Daytime you can get away with a thinner diaper if you chose, you may run into leaks but if it fits well you'll be ok. Some prefer a thicker diaper for daytime that's okay too, I personally prefer a thinner more discreet diaper for daytime.
    Nighttime depending on how much you wet or if you wet, I'd recommend a thicker more absorbant diaper (the rearz seduction black overnight diapers is what I have ordered) they are absorbant and very thick per the description.
    Also I have some northshore air diapers coming for both days and nights use. They are around $21 for a 12 pack.

But ultimately just find what works best for you and run with it.

Days (for me)
    Thinner diaper or brief
    Home after work
    A bulkier diaper because why not
    Nighttime
    Thick absorbent diaper
    Out and about
    Thin diaper or brief I carry at least 4 extras with me.

I wear ComfyDry 24/7 diapers day and night and use 3 or 4 of them during 24 hours. I buy them from a local medical I wear ComfiDry 24/7 diapers all day and all night and use 3 or 4 of them during 24 hours. I buy them from a local medical-supply store (Healthwick) and pay $160 (Canadian money) for a carton of 72 diapers. So in total I'm spending between $210 and $220 per month on my diapers.

I also use 3-4 confidry diapers per 24 hours. I get them from xpmedical for $120 for a case of larges. Thats equal to about $0.60/each, or $2.40/day. With even just three per day, they can easily hold my full urine output from drinking about 2 liters of water throughout the day. (The W.H.O. recommended 64+ ounces per day).

Whatever you do decide to use, you should be trying to keep the cost under $3.00 per day, and absolutely less than $5.00 per day. That should be under $1000 per year if you know what you're doing while wearing 24/7, or as high as $1500 per year if you're just splurging.

That said, I myself will sometimes splurge on wearing a crinklz diaper overnight. They do have a big added cost, but I'm not counting that since it's in addition to the basic diapers I need, and because I might only wear one or two of them each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    I also use 3-4 confidry diapers per 24 hours. I get them from xpmedical for $120 for a case of larges. Thats equal to about $0.60/each, or $2.40/day.

Me thinks your math is incorrect.

Case of diapers = 72 diapers
    Cost approx $120

120/72 = $1.67 per diaper

Cost of 4 diapers per day = $6.68

MassIncon

3-4 per day Northshore Supreme Lites = 120 diapers per month, 45 per case = 2.6 cases per month at $60ea = $156

1 per day night time diaper (Better Dry) = 30 per month @ $99 per 60 = $50 a month.

Grand total is $206 a month.

I'm not ABDL and my insurance doesn't cover this so it's not cheap or fun for me.

I can think of a million better things I could do with $206 a month.

It MAY be more cost effective to just wear super bulky diapers 24/7, but I like the discretion I get with the NS Supreme Lites and they're crazy absorbent given their thin profile.

Being diapered 24/7 is not cheap and most insurance companys do not cover diapers or supplies, I go through 3 to 4 diapers a day works out to be about $8.00 CDN each and every day,