Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does one complain to when they suspect a senile neighbor put maggot infested cheese dip in their trash?

Default Who does one complain to when they suspect a senile neighbor put maggot infested cheese dip in their trash?

So after a rough depressing day at work I came home, had a Dragon's Milk beer and after watching some Seinfeld and finishing it I went up to the the trashcan to dispose of the diaper I had on at work.... only to find some trash I hadn't left in there.... loose.... and not just any disgusting trash... rancid.... cheese dip... crawling...with... wiggling... white... maggots. Needless to say my day went from on a scale of 1-10; 3 to a negative 8. I have a strong feeling I know who did this as last time the idiot left mail in there and the cheese had the same smell of death as their can. From now on, waiting til I get home from work to put trash out.
    Last edited by rennecfox; 20-Jun-2017 at 08:00.

why would you really care about that? i mean, it's trash. and everybody knows that trash stinks. whoever did this at least had the decency to throw it in the trash. it's not like he threw it on your porch

Quote Originally Posted by alexia View Post
    why would you really care about that? I mean, it's trash. And everybody knows that trash stinks. Whoever did this at least had the decency to throw it in the trash. It's not like he threw it on your porch
    It was loose dripping and leaving live maggots to crawl into the can!

Decency?

His can was almost empty!

THE STINK WAS UNIMAGINABLE, HE PUT OUT HIS OWN CAN TOO, SO YEAH... THATS WHY I'M PEEVED!

- - - Updated - - -

Also in case you want more history on this neighbor and why I don't think it was about "Decency"

well then if you 100% know who it was you could strike back with a can of surstromming or however it's spelled. that would show him

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
    well then if you 100% know who it was you could strike back with a can of surstromming or however it's spelled. that would show him
    his trash can already smelled like something died in there, so I doubt he'd notice it.

Weird. This could be the starter for a fun & games thread, imagining how the disgusting mess came to be there. Perhaps it wasn't your neighbor at all. Perhaps what you thought was maggot infested cheese is in fact an alien life form trying to get home, and your can resembled their lost spacecraft.

I don't think there's an upside to calling anybody. More productive to figure out why he might have a real or imagined beef with you. Or he's just lost it, in which case you or the police talking to him would have no effect. Could it be he just got confused and put it in the wrong can?

1. Get a lawyer. A good lawyer. The good ones are the mean ones. You find out by telling him how your puppy just died. If he doesn't laugh it's not a good lawyer.
    2. Sue him for all he's got.
    3. Hire a P.I.
    4. Track down his family
    5. Kill all available family members
    6. Process remains of family members into canned meat
    7. Visit the old man again, you will probably find him in the street living in a refrigerator carton.
    8. Tell him you came to apologize and offer him the canned meat
    9. Wait until he greedy eats up
    10. Tell him what he ate.

Or you just politely talk with your neighbor. Might work too.

Quote Originally Posted by rennecfox View Post
    So after a rough depressing day at work I came home, had a Dragon's Milk beer and after watching some Seinfeld and finishing it I went up to the the trashcan to dispose of the diaper I had on at work.... only to find some trash I hadn't left in there.... loose.... and not just any disgusting trash... rancid.... cheese dip... crawling...with... wiggling... white... maggots. Needless to say my day went from on a scale of 1-10; 3 to a negative 8. I have a strong feeling I know who did this as last time the idiot left mail in there and the cheese had the same smell of death as their can. From now on, waiting til I get home from work to put trash out.
    I'm wondering if this might be an issue for your local health department to look into. They may have public health nurses who can connect with your neighbour to assess his mental and physical health, and determine if he's living in sanitary conditions. While maggots themselves may not present a health risk, your neighbour's behaviour may be a sign that he is not well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Weird. This could be the starter for a fun & games thread, imagining how the disgusting mess came to be there. Perhaps it wasn't your neighbor at all. Perhaps what you thought was maggot infested cheese is in fact an alien life form trying to get home, and your can resembled their lost spacecraft.

I don't think there's an upside to calling anybody. More productive to figure out why he might have a real or imagined beef with you. Or he's just lost it, in which case you or the police talking to him would have no effect. Could it be he just got confused and put it in the wrong can?
    His own can was practically empty, while my can the lid barely went down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pampersguy View Post
    1. Get a lawyer. A good lawyer. The good ones are the mean ones. You find out by telling him how your puppy just died. If he doesn't laugh it's not a good lawyer.
    2. Sue him for all he's got.
    3. Hire a P.I.
    4. Track down his family
    5. Kill all available family members
    6. Process remains of family members into canned meat
    7. Visit the old man again, you will probably find him in the street living in a refrigerator carton.
    8. Tell him you came to apologize and offer him the canned meat
    9. Wait until he greedy eats up
    10. Tell him what he ate.

Or you just politely talk with your neighbor. Might work too.
    The first options sound better given how much I don't like talking to this nut, he's a strange mix of standoffish, judgmental and pushy